Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mitsouko Centenary

Mitsy is 100 this year, but I haven't yet seen anything about Guerlain doing anything to celebrate the occasion. Does anybody know if they have anything planned to commemorate the masterpiece turning 100? Surely there will at least be a special edition bottle or something.

Default Re: Mitsouko Centenary

Great question. A missed opportunity of a lifetime if they don’t already have one in the works.
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

I think they are going to raise the price of it

At my local counter, all they talk about after going training is the upcoming AAs and the makeup collection for the summer.

I am friendly with the staff so much if possible tomorrow actually ask, but I suspect the answer will be nothing.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    At my local counter, all they talk about after going training is the upcoming AAs and the makeup collection for the summer.

I am friendly with the staff so much if possible tomorrow actually ask, but I suspect the answer will be nothing.
    You are probably correct, and if so, this is sad.
    Currently wearing: 1000 by Jean Patou

I know Guerlain is known for terrible boneheaded marketing decisions, but if they don't do anything for Mitsouko centenary I'll be truly baffled and disappointed. L'Heure Bleu got the special treatment in 2012. Mitsouko's the jewel in the crown. Worried that they'll discontinue and use the name for something that smells of gummy bears, or who knows what.

Basenotes Plus

I keep seeing Mitsouko Cemetery as the thread title.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Great question. A missed opportunity of a lifetime if they don’t already have one in the works.
    They got another 8 months to make such an announcement but yea it would be a missed opportunity if they choose not to.

Given that there's more IFRA restrictions my hopes for something wonderful, should something get released, is minimal at best.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Nobile by Gucci

From what I gather it’s going to be a Paris exclusive, 1 litre bottle at $10k and they aren’t going to make any fuss or celebration about it just as they ignored L’Heure BleueAF2065BD-67EE-46DF-8078-C9CA1C68FD44.jpg
    Currently wearing: Rouge Hermès by Hermès

Quote Originally Posted by Peckerhead View Post
    From what I gather it’s going to be a Paris exclusive, 1 litre bottle at $10k and they aren’t going to make any fuss or celebration about it just as they ignored L’Heure BleueAF2065BD-67EE-46DF-8078-C9CA1C68FD44.jpg
    I was hoping for something more rather than just bottle presentation. The bottle looks nice though.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Nice art on classic Mitsouko bottle but not quite a Baccarat is it to warrant that $10K price tag?
    IMO it still pales next to the Artayaki porcelain edition:

3D29EAB3-48A7-4ECA-911B-CF9EC67E71BA.jpg

Well, the manager of my local Guerlain counter said nothing mentioned in training at all about Mitsouko! He did tell me he is not actually a fan of Mitsouko himself.

Oh, there is another Mon Guerlain flanker coming out later in the year. Yawn.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Still no rumblings from Guerlain about any celebrations for Mitsy's 100th?

Seems not. Looks like we will have a private party for her.
    DONNA

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Still no rumblings from Guerlain about any celebrations for Mitsy's 100th?
    Nope, but up thread is a supposed anniversary bottle for 10k.
    oh look, I have a signature

Basenotes Plus

Seems not. Looks like we will have a private party for her.
    I am pretty much always having a private party for her.

Basenotes Member Amelia Koenigsberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    Love that!
    Currently wearing: Imitation Woman by Amouage

How would you all like to honor her?
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    Me too. I actually wore my edp yesterday going to bed she was still glowing like a goddess.

I think we need to pick a day and as many as possible wear Mitsouko. Or even pick one day every month for the rest of this year and all wear Mitsouko.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    How would you all like to honor her?
    Re-release Mitsouko Fleur de Lotus flanker? I had the opportunity to smell it. It's a wonderful scent.

Me too. I actually wore my edp yesterday going to bed she was still glowing like a goddess.

I think we need to pick a day and as many as possible wear Mitsouko. Or even pick one day every month for the rest of this year and all wear Mitsouko.
    Great idea.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    Great idea.
    I'm in!

How about the 1st day of each month beginning with August?

Basenotes Plus

Maybe after the summer heat dissipates. I just can't do Mitsouko in the heat.

So 1st of each month starting September to allow for those living in the blistering heat?
    DONNA

So 1st of each month starting September to allow for those living in the blistering heat?
    Works for me

I’m in. Blistering heat won’t stop me. Mitsouko is a pretty much a dry chypre.

While we’re on the subject of this well-loved gem of a fragrance, how about we share some of our favourite reviews of Mitsouko?

Let me start with one I love from Lizzie Ostrom aka Odette Toilette:

A chypre with peachiness, built on the foundation of Coty’s own Chypre, Mitsouko is one of those legendary perfumes which inspires devotion and allegiance, perhaps because it is known for being difficult, revealing its hand slowly, if ever. A quality made even more complicated by the fact that the eau de toilette, eau de parfum and parfum versions are so utterly different.

For this reason, Mitsouko is a heartening scent to wear when alone, or rather, when not wanting to feel lonely. Mitsouko has such presence and personality, it is a little like having a talk radio on in the room, providing the consolation of company even if nobody’s there - a characteristic, perhaps, of any great perfume. Indeed Mitsouko does, to this wearer at least, seem as though she is communicating, and with something different to say at each sniff. The fragrance starts with mossy scratchiness, like a sore throat in smell form, which over the hours becomes its own lozenge-remedy of soothing, honeyed fruits. Patience is amply rewarded; Mitsouko’s dying hours are so beautiful that some might wish there was a pause button.

In old Kyoto there were once scent clocks, used by geishas to tell time. These clocks comprised a carefully calibrated stick of incense that each hour transitioned into a different fragrance, so that the time of the day could be understood by a sniff. Mitsouko does not dramatically change into a new perfume each hour, but it does follow the unraveling day through its impressive progression. Find some at the counter, spray it on, go home, and every hour, on the hour, breath it in deeply, and share Mitsouko’s story.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    While we’re on the subject of this well-loved gem of a fragrance, how about we share some of our favourite reviews of Mitsouko?

Let me start with one I love from Lizzie Ostrom aka Odette Toilette:
    Very, very beautiful review.
    And inspiring to try it out on myself one day - I have sniffed the bottle, but never tried it on me.
    I'm not expecting to like it, but I believe it's a scent that should be experienced - especially on its centenary.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkAlice View Post
    Very, very beautiful review.
    And inspiring to try it out on myself one day - I have sniffed the bottle, but never tried it on me.
    I'm not expecting to like it, but I believe it's a scent that should be experienced - especially on its centenary.
    Sniffing the bottle won’t do it justice. It’s one that I think does better on skin.

Also, I am OK to wear Mitsouko in the heat, but I usually don’t. September 1-Dec.1 it is.