Code of Conduct

Default Mitsouko Centenary

Mitsy is 100 this year, but I haven't yet seen anything about Guerlain doing anything to celebrate the occasion. Does anybody know if they have anything planned to commemorate the masterpiece turning 100? Surely there will at least be a special edition bottle or something.

Default Re: Mitsouko Centenary

Great question. A missed opportunity of a lifetime if they don’t already have one in the works.
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

I think they are going to raise the price of it

At my local counter, all they talk about after going training is the upcoming AAs and the makeup collection for the summer.

I am friendly with the staff so much if possible tomorrow actually ask, but I suspect the answer will be nothing.
    DONNA

Maybe they can try reinstating an older “limited edition” formula?

No, but seriously, I haven’t the slightest clue. Mr. G.’s page is gone with the wind, so I couldn’t make any assumptions, right or wrong.

I only know I’m looking out for my order of a vintage Mitsy edt and L’HB extrait “furrow” travel case to arrive in the post today or tomorrow.
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    At my local counter, all they talk about after going training is the upcoming AAs and the makeup collection for the summer.

I am friendly with the staff so much if possible tomorrow actually ask, but I suspect the answer will be nothing.
    You are probably correct, and if so, this is sad.

I know Guerlain is known for terrible boneheaded marketing decisions, but if they don't do anything for Mitsouko centenary I'll be truly baffled and disappointed. L'Heure Bleu got the special treatment in 2012. Mitsouko's the jewel in the crown. Worried that they'll discontinue and use the name for something that smells of gummy bears, or who knows what.

Basenotes Plus

I keep seeing Mitsouko Cemetery as the thread title.

I know I’ve said this before. I don’t mind announcing it again on this forum. It is my prediction that a discontinuation of all classic Guerlain parfum extraits is imminent. These “old” fragrances are reformulated to death. I see the current L’HB formula as a millennial or adolescent flanker: Smarties 4 Dummies. The previous formula: Frankenstein’s Toilet. I think this begs the question: Parfum extrait of what?? I don’t see the sense in it anymore. Your idea of gummy bears is not so far-fetched.
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

YAY! Me too!
    Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    I keep seeing Mitsouko Cemetery as the thread title.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Great question. A missed opportunity of a lifetime if they don’t already have one in the works.
    They got another 8 months to make such an announcement but yea it would be a missed opportunity if they choose not to.

Given that there's more IFRA restrictions my hopes for something wonderful, should something get released, is minimal at best.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Ambre Canelle by Creed

From what I gather it’s going to be a Paris exclusive, 1 litre bottle at $10k and they aren’t going to make any fuss or celebration about it just as they ignored L’Heure BleueAF2065BD-67EE-46DF-8078-C9CA1C68FD44.jpg

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Peckerhead View Post
    From what I gather it’s going to be a Paris exclusive, 1 litre bottle at $10k and they aren’t going to make any fuss or celebration about it just as they ignored L’Heure BleueAF2065BD-67EE-46DF-8078-C9CA1C68FD44.jpg
    I was hoping for something more rather than just bottle presentation. The bottle looks nice though.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Ambre Canelle by Creed

Damn, I am loving that bottle! A made-over exterior won’t have me gushing over a skeletal Mitsouko Parisian exclusive, when I could easily acquire a luscious vintage elsewhere. The price is obscene.

Nice art on classic Mitsouko bottle but not quite a Baccarat is it to warrant that $10K price tag?
    IMO it still pales next to the Artayaki porcelain edition:

3D29EAB3-48A7-4ECA-911B-CF9EC67E71BA.jpg
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

Gosh, I gotta admit these are two striking upside down heart-stopper bottles. I think it might have helped to seduce me if the fragrance inside equaled in fine detail the glass. Which do I Love, the Japanese patchwork or the Tree of Death? I see two very different interpretations of the Mitsouko theme; both initially appear fitting to the fragrance conceptually; so before I start talking crap, I’m going to declare the clear winner, since the more I thought about it, the easier my decision: ARTAYAKI PORCELAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I can resume my arty-farty talk. Here’s why: The more I look at the kaleidoscopic pastiche of the porcelain, the more I’m drawn to its center. The design reaches out and sucks you in. It’s a curious trick of the eye that’s open to visual interpretation. The French have a name for it: Trompe L’oeil. What is drawing me to the center? Is the “label” in front of the design, or is it being pushed forward from behind it? I think the “quilt” is brilliant and mesmerizing to behold. A wheels within wheels structure in continuous motion.

Let us climb the Tree of Death: This bottle has its appeal, I cannot lie. However, when I deconstruct the design elements, the more I stare, the less I love. The bottle then becomes a like. Again, what’s going on here? Let us examine the details because I’m an extremely detail-oriented person. The more I stare at this bottle, the more I see a Misfits album cover. It screams cheesy goth, and I’m not about to turn my Lady Mitsy into some goth chick, know what I mean? Uh-uh. Hell to the NO!

I know this is what happened to me......with Zoologist Bat, I mean.......I felt like I would have worn this fragrance in my twenties, not that I enjoy the armpit skank of it, but you see the analogy I’m making.

Artayaki porcelain wins by a landslide.
    Last edited by Shemelimelle; 13th April 2019 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Trompe L’oeil.

Well, the manager of my local Guerlain counter said nothing mentioned in training at all about Mitsouko! He did tell me he is not actually a fan of Mitsouko himself.

Oh, there is another Mon Guerlain flanker coming out later in the year. Yawn.
    DONNA

I give up. *throws up hands*
    Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Well, the manager of my local Guerlain counter said nothing mentioned in training at all about Mitsouko! He did tell me he is not actually a fan of Mitsouko himself.

Oh, there is another Mon Guerlain flanker coming out later in the year. Yawn.