Code of Conduct

Default How many different formulas of Tea For Two are there and what are the differences?

Been reading a few reviews about this L'Artisan offering as I'm currently collating samples based around the tea note and there seems to be loads of conflicting perspectives and a few threads here and there speaking on reforms so I'm wondering if any of you have some experience of this scent overall and would care to contribute? Also a primer on the different bottle types would be nice as the decant I've inhaled came from a bottle that looks like this:

And has a rather intriguing ashy aspect to it that tempers the honey and really plays nice with the black tea. Whereas what is for sale looks like this:

What gives?

Default Re: How many different formulas of Tea For Two are there and what are the differences?

I'm far from an expert on these matters, but I've owned both bottles (currently own the newer one in the second photo). I didn't notice much difference between them at all. Maybe the older bottle had slightly better longevity, but I can't be sure about that.

A great fragrance, which I enjoy for its honeyed tobacco note and black tea vibe. I've had a few people tell me it smells a bit 'odd' over the years. I tend to enjoy wearing this one at home. It's more of a 'zen' scent than a 'night out' fragrance to me.
    MY UK SPLITS (2019): HERE

Default Re: How many different formulas of Tea For Two are there and what are the differences?

The black bottles are a repackaging exercise they have done around two years ago. Whether that automatically means the fragrances have been reformulated... well... *shrugs*

I tried the old version, and found it similar to Luten's Five O'Clock Au Gingembre in spirit, but I'm not a fan of either to be honest.

PS: if you want a nice green tea note as a foil to orange flowers, try to get a sample of Carven Paris Séville.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

My bottle looks like the one below and I have tried the one that you inhaled from the decant which came from the bottle in the picture. I didn't notice any difference in scent or performance.

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks folks. So they've rebottled the juice thrice it seems? Glad to hear its still the same.

Freed from BN Institution

I tried both bottles as pictured and the differences were minimal. The first bottle you listed had better longevity when I tried it many years ago.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Rose Flash by Tauerville