Code of Conduct
o
    Basenotes Plus

Default Moderator status identification (CuddleCat) and Basenotes Masthead

CuddleCat's avatar i.d. block doesn't list her status as moderator:

This confused me for a minute:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/235...=1#post4603018

Also, the moderators listed on the masthead (right-side box) of the Basenotes 'contributors' page are completely out of date:
    http://www.basenotes.net/contributors

FORUM MODERATORS
    Deadidol, Furrypine, Kiliwia , Redneck Perfumisto , Rum

Community Manager

Default Re: Moderator status identification (CuddleCat) and Basenotes Masthead

The masthead has slipped our mind, I will alert Grant about it. Strange about CuddleCat's status not showing properly, Grant will have to look at that too.
    No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.
    Currently wearing: Basi Homme by Armand Basi

Freed from BN Institution

What happened to Deadidol? I haven't seem him post in a while.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Community Manager

Just busy with life and work, he's here occasionally

Are moderators the same people who approve new fragrances to be added to the database?
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com
    Currently wearing: Vanille Fatale by Tom Ford

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    Are moderators the same people who approve new fragrances to be added to the database?
    No, sorry, we can't do that. Just like you we can submit fragrances but only Grant can approve & publish them.

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    No, sorry, we can't do that. Just like you we can submit fragrances but only Grant can approve & publish them.
    I just wasn't sure how it worked. Seems like he should deputize a few people to review fragrances. I bet he could even get volunteers for that task alone. I'm sure he has a lot on his plate with trying to update the site structure overall, hosting, the "Not Secure" issue, etc. It's frustrating to have fragrances submitted over 3 months ago that haven't been posted, which I want to track in my collection.
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com
    Currently wearing: Vanille Fatale by Tom Ford

Just saw this now. I've never had wording directly below my username even before I was a mod there was no wording. It's there now so thanks, Grant for fixing it!

Just want to add there are quite a few members that don't have wording directly under their username. Have a look in the SOTD thread in FFD at the usernames!

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    I just wasn't sure how it worked. Seems like he should deputize a few people to review fragrances. I bet he could even get volunteers for that task alone. I'm sure he has a lot on his plate with trying to update the site structure overall, hosting, the "Not Secure" issue, etc. It's frustrating to have fragrances submitted over 3 months ago that haven't been posted, which I want to track in my collection.
    I don't know the details but from what I understand the way the database it set up it's not easy to give access to work directly on the directory. The new version of Basenotes that's in the works will fix that.