Code of Conduct

Default Lavender Absolute (not EO) and safety in use

When it comes to lavender EO, I haven't seen any particular safety limits for it other than being mindful of the overall amount of geraniol, coumarin, etc. that you're ending up with in your overall formulation. Fine; simple enough. However, when it comes to the lavender absolute (specifically the one from EB: https://www.edenbotanicals.com/lavender-absolute.html) they claim a maximum dermal level of 0.1%, citing Tisserand & Young's Essential Oil Safety, 2nd ed. as their source.

Is this simply because the absolute is (relatively) coumarin-dense at ~10% according to their SDS? If so, does that mean I can disregard the 0.1% limit for the lavender absolute as long as I'm good about not exceeding the IFRA limit for coumarin overall? Or if I do need to specifically limit the absolute to 0.1%, what is the cause of that if it's independent of the coumarin content?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Lavender Absolute (not EO) and safety in use

I would work on the overall allergen content of the fragrance.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Default Re: Lavender Absolute (not EO) and safety in use

That's what I figured too. Thank you for the sanity check.