Code of Conduct

Default Making clothes smell more masculine?

Here's an interesting one. I am sick to death of my clothes smelling like a summer meadow. I would like something to put in the wash that is more masculine.

I was thinking of maybe using an unscented conditioner, and adding a few drops of essential oils myself? Maybe even some aftershave? But maybe this is madness and will ruin the clothes

I found this and might try it as Cedarwood is one of my favourite notes: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wilton-Lond...dp/B07NMS8T5V/

Any other ideas/advice?

Default Re: Making clothes smell more masculine?

Washing stuff with untested perfumes is dangerous, it can ruin the fabric. Plus, few perfumes survive the heat of a wash.

I'd say if you really want to give a certain smell to your clothes, you can use unscented and then spray (the inside, or inconspicuous part) with your favorite perfume.

Basenotes Plus

Definitely don't put anything in the wash water. Dangerous, as Cacio says, plus the smell will just rinse away with the water.

One thing I've done successfully is wait til the clothes in the dryer have cooled down, then spray some perfume on a washcloth or something similar. Add the washcloth to the clothes in the dryer and tumble them on "Air Only" for 5 or 10 minutes. You'll get a light scent that will last quite a while on the fabrics. (I've only done this with bed linens, not with clothing, but the theory should work the same.)

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post

One thing I've done successfully is wait til the clothes in the dryer have cooled down, then spray some perfume on a washcloth or something similar. Add the washcloth to the clothes in the dryer and tumble them on "Air Only" for 5 or 10 minutes. You'll get a light scent that will last quite a while on the fabrics. (I've only done this with bed linens, not with clothing, but the theory should work the same.)
    This sounds like something worth exploring further. Thanks for the tip.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.