Code of Conduct

Default Green Fragrances?

I am looking to add at least one more green fragrance to my perfume wardrobe but I'm after a certain type of green fragrance. I don't like my green perfumes to smell musty, muddy or too swampy. If it is a clear swampy green, I may like it. Clear as in the smelling equivalent of looking into clear & reflective water where you feel all the hidden depths are reveal to you as apposed to muddied up water where you just know that you aren't getting the full experience because there's something in there muddying up the water or in this case, the combined perfume notes. I love clear greens & I do like herbal green aromas as well.

I own & love No.19 Poudre by Chanel & years ago, I owned No. 19 EDT. It doesn't smell the same these days & the longevity has changed, too. I still like it but I don't seem to love it anymore & I'm not sure I would reach for it enough when I already have the Poudre version.. I love Ayalitta by Ayala Moriel & have owned a bottle of this in the past but it's an all natural that sits close to the skin after an hour or two plus I can't spray lots of it as it comes in small sizes. It is a full bodied, well rounded scent but has an overall clearness to it. so if anyone knows this scent & can suggest something else along these lines that would be great! The notes are: Top Notes Galbanum, Sage, Neroli Heart Notes Jasmine, Rose, Clary Sage Base notes Patchouli, Oak moss, Labdanum

My current top contender for a green fragrance buy is Tiare by Ormonde Jayne but I would like to sample a few more green fragrances before settling on a purchase.

Any recs would be much appreciated. I would prefer perfumes that are currently available & not recs for vintage at this stage. Thanks!

Freed from BN Institution

Default Re: Green Fragrances?

As mentioned in yesterday's SOTD thread Guerlain Un Air de Samsara. Green airy with a nice citrusy mint accord with florals of narcissus and jasmine. It's not expensive and still easy to find on eBay.

Then there's Rouge Perfumery Chypre-Siam. A nice vintage style chypre fragrance that is quite affordable.

Finally there's Phantom Rain by Neil Morris.

A nice review written by teardrop:
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26147784.html
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Bayrhum-Vetiver by Creed

91911E1B-05A3-4CC5-8AA9-581F71E12B8B.jpg

Byredo Green. It’s the only Byredo fragrance that is not in production any more, but it’s green.

Edit: just saw that you don’t want recommendations of discontinued stuff, sorry.
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Thanks for the recs!

Ormonde Jayne Tiare is a great choice. Old style citrus-green chypre, more citrusy relative to things like Chanel Cristalle. Speaking of which, how do you feel about Cristalle? That is usually considered the reference Chanel green. The eau verte version is lighter and more transparent.

Otherwise, you can look into other surviving citrus chypres, like Jacomo Silences or Piguet Futur (though the latter is indeed a bit soapy and slightly murky). For fresh green, hard to beat Sisley Eau de Campagne, with its tomato leaf note.

cacio

Tiare is one of my favorites and I'd always recommend it. I do also find it quite similar to Cristalle by Chanel, so if you haven't smelled that you should.

Two others you might like to try are Futur by Robert Piguet and Scherrer by Scherrer.

Lean in closer, dear

Blog Entries

I see that Diptyque is releasing a new fragrance that has my interest, even though I already own the limited edition Jo Malone Fresh Mint Leaf. From Now Smell This:

Diptyque will launch Eau de Minthé, a new fougère fragrance, next month. Eau de Minthé was inspired by the naiad of Greek myth, Minthe, who was turned into garden mint by Persephone.
    With Eau de Minthe, diptyque uses mint to reinvent an emblematic olfactory family: the fougere (fern in English). In the very heart of the composition, the aromatic freshness of mint enhances the lively floral notes of geranium while patchouli softens this duo with its profound depths. Eau de Minthe is a mythological tale which leaves behind a vibrant sillage

If allowed only one perfume in all the world, I would chose Nanadebary Green. I prefer the original edt, but the current edp might tickle your fancy. From Lucky Scent::
    Nanadebary's take on green is the tender, vibrant green of just sprouted seedlings poking their heads through a tangle of branches. The startlingly fresh green of new bamboo. A brilliantly clear citrus note mingles with basil, cardamom, thyme, and soft musk, creating a fragrance that is as crisp as new stationary, but still feminine and flirtatious enough to suit the kittenish young lass on the bottle. Fresh and effortlessly appealing -- this pale green elixir with a subtle touch of spiciness is a perfect warm weather fragrance.
    Citron, bergamot, basil, cardamom, thyme, musk, vetiver.

Another scent I could wear almost every day is
    Chanel Bel Respiro:
    Bel Respiro, Gabrielle Chanel’s home, is a perfect illustration of her art in keeping things simple. She bought it in 1920, in the Paris suburb of Garches — considered a pastoral paradise by Parisians at the time. To evoke such a place, Jacques Polge created a fragrance full of freshness and refinement, which brings together dew-kissed grass, crushed leaves and the aromas associated with the Garrigue (Southern French scrubland), carried by the breeze.

I may prefer my greenies sweeter than you like (i.e., Philosykos) as my skin tends to turn things bitter, so that's the one caveat I'll add to these nominations.
    See REPORTS about CHICAGO BASENOTES MEET-UP here
    Currently wearing: Rose Flash by Tauerville

Dependent

Creed GIT.jpg

I noticed that you don't have this one in your wardrobe.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Perhaps Nu Green by Honore Des Pres might work.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I would like to suggest
    Papyrus de Ciane by Parfumerie Generale
    Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca by Guerlain
    Amazingreen by Comme des Garcons

Possibly also Neroli, Regine dei Prati and Edera by l'Erbolario, Herbae by l'Occitane

Sillage Monster

How about Diptyque Eau de Lierre? Green ivy.
    The Merry, Merry Month of May

Orris & Sandalwood, Tuberose Angelica, Timbuktu, Patchouli Patch, Black Aoud, Buonissimo, Le Parfum de Therese

Etro : Palais Jamais. Clear, liquid green. Forest undergrowth, rather than trees.
    Spring/early summer rotation : Guerlain Vetiver and Habit Rouge L'Eau; Etro Palais Jamais, Shaal Nur, Dianthus and Gomma; Penhaligon's Juniper Sling and Blenheim Bouquet; Comme des Garcons Zagorsk and Avignon; Dior Fahrenheit; and L.T. Piver Heliotrope
    Currently wearing: Ambra by Etro

Blog Entries

The bright, tingling green of fresh laundry; ‘Creed Millisime- White Flowers’. A clean, refreshing jasmine.

Basenotes Plus

If you like Tiare (and I do too), I think you'd love Iskander by Parfum d'Empire. A clear, ringing soft green with light floral backbone.

If you like garrigue-style, bone-dry Mediterranean herbal greens, Eau du Sud by Annick Goutal and Corsica Furiosa by Parfum d'Empire.

If you don't mind a little fig and tomato leaf, Ninfeo Mio by Annick Goutal, my favorite modern green of all.

I also love green scents, and I like them without sweetness. I'll put in another vote for Eau de Campagne, Silences, and Scherrer 1. I agree with Cacio that Eau de Campagne is "hard to beat" as a modern green.

I also enjoyed testing Monsillage Eau de Celeri and Margiela (Untitled). If there were no more vintage Vent Vert (1947 version) left in the world, I would buy these.

Meanwhile my bottle of Piguet's Futur (current) has been a disappointment--a thin and fleeting green, in my opinion.
    Last edited by grayspoole; 19th April 2019 at 01:23 PM.
    Currently wearing: Muse by Coty

This is absolutely what you are looking for:

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26137489.html

It's green but it's clear, somehow herbal and not muddy at all.

Enjoy !
    If the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch

Fantastic green perfume - one of my favorites! And you are right about the description.

Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post

Enjoy !
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Might be worth sampling Comme des Garcons Amazinggreen. It is very (grass/leaf) green, the concept of 'green', but it is linear.

-1 for Piguet Futur - I was also disappointed - too screechy, too floral, and more of a fluorescent bluey-green than green-green.
    Spring/early summer rotation : Guerlain Vetiver and Habit Rouge L'Eau; Etro Palais Jamais, Shaal Nur, Dianthus and Gomma; Penhaligon's Juniper Sling and Blenheim Bouquet; Comme des Garcons Zagorsk and Avignon; Dior Fahrenheit; and L.T. Piver Heliotrope
    Currently wearing: Ambra by Etro

Between two pine trees

I agree with the recommendations from Quarry, Trilby, and Cook.bot!

I would add California Snow by A Lab On Fire -- forget cocaine; it's a photo-realistic green grass and growing things in the early spring sun after a rain. Just gorgeous.

Another beautiful clear, woody green is Ichnusa by Profumum Roma. It has some fig, but it's not overwhelming. It's beautiful and what I wear most on my hikes.

Based on the notes you listed, I'm also going to recommend Bogue Profumo MAAI -- it's definitely dank (and you have to like patchouli, oak moss, and animalics), but I don't find it muddy or cloudy. Your mileage may vary

I also just fell in love with Mousse Illuminee from Rogue Perfumery. It's sort of like the 80s version of Polo in the green bottle, but it's so much more (and better, IMHO)! I honestly don't know if you would find it muddy/swampy/cloudy. I wrote about my impressions of it on page 17 of the Rogue Sample Pass thread in the GFD forum.

Good luck!
    Currently wearing: Daim Blond by Serge Lutens

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post

Enjoy !
    Now I want to try this one!

Another one to try is Green Water (Fath's Essentials), Cecile Zarokian's take on the original classic.

Everything I would suggest has been mentioned at this point, but +1 in particular on:

Sisley Eau de Campagne
    Parfum d'Empire Corsica Furiosa

Oh, I will add one. Ambergreen from Oliver & Co. It might be a little more straightforward than what you're after...it's clear in its approach to green, but also extremely intense and direct. Full frontal green. Full metal green jacket.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 19th April 2019 at 10:53 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: Azurée by Estée Lauder

Many thanks to all that posted recs on this thread. What fun, it's going to be tracking down samples of all these wonderful sounding fragrances to try. Think, I'll go to Luckyscent and get what I can from there to start with so I've got some heading my way.