Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tracks, Wrong Side of
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Do "blocked" users get notice of PM rejections?

    If someone on your "Ignore" list sends you a PM, will the sender receive a notice that their message was blocked?

    (And would this also apply if they send you a "friend request"?)
    Last edited by Cook.bot; 5th May 2019 at 01:22 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Do "blocked" users gets notice of PM rejections?

    Good question -- I've also wondered this.

  3. #3
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    6,387
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Do "blocked" users gets notice of PM rejections?

    I've seen a PM appear in notifications and then not be there, so I know Basenotes blocks them.
    oh look, I have a signature

  4. #4
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tracks, Wrong Side of
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Do "blocked" users gets notice of PM rejections?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    I've seen a PM appear in notifications and then not be there, so I know Basenotes blocks them.
    Yes, but does the sender get told that his message was blocked?

  5. #5
    Always be smelling

    epapsiou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Oud Forest
    Posts
    6,125

    Default Re: Do "blocked" users gets notice of PM rejections?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Yes, but does the sender get told that his message was blocked?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    I've seen a PM appear in notifications and then not be there, so I know Basenotes blocks them.
    Why dont you test it out. I know ZC would love to block CB
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

  6. #6
    Missing Oakmoss

    Bonnette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,497

    Default Re: Do "blocked" users gets notice of PM rejections?

    Yes, just test it out. I belong to another vBulletin forum, where a few of us carried out that experiment - blocked persons did NOT receive notice that they'd been blocked. Maybe the forum administrator sets that parameter, so it might not be the same here.

  7. #7
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    6,387
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Do "blocked" users gets notice of PM rejections?

    Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    Why dont you test it out. I know ZC would love to block CB
    I would ugly cry if I was blocked by CB. ;__;
    oh look, I have a signature

  8. #8
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tracks, Wrong Side of
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Do "blocked" users gets notice of PM rejections?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    I would ugly cry if I was blocked by CB. ;__;
    Nah. Never happen.

    Well, maybe if you don't stop wearing that accursed Tai Winds....

  9. #9
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    6,387
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Do "blocked" users gets notice of PM rejections?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Nah. Never happen.

    Well, maybe if you don't stop wearing that accursed Tai Winds....
    u.u
    oh look, I have a signature

  10. #10
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tracks, Wrong Side of
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Do "blocked" users gets notice of PM rejections?

    Apparently the answer to my OP question is "No".

    I had ZC put me on his 'ignore' list, and I sent him a PM and a friend request. He didn't receive either of them, and I didn't receive any notification that my messages had bounced.

  11. #11
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    6,387
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Do "blocked" users gets notice of PM rejections?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Apparently the answer to my OP question is "No".

    I had ZC put me on his 'ignore' list, and I sent him a PM and a friend request. He didn't receive either of them, and I didn't receive any notification that my messages had bounced.
    Also turn off PMs to everyone, just registered users or contacts. That keeps the creep factor down
    oh look, I have a signature

  12. #12
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tracks, Wrong Side of
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Do "blocked" users gets notice of PM rejections?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Also turn off PMs to everyone, just registered users or contacts. That keeps the creep factor down
    I've recently heard from several BNers that they've received PMs from total strangers requesting samples or swaps from their wardrobes. That would tick me off no end, but it hasn't happened to me yet. Probably because my wardrobe is full of antique bug repellants.

  13. #13
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    6,387
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Do "blocked" users gets notice of PM rejections?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    I've recently heard from several BNers that they've received PMs from total strangers requesting samples or swaps from their wardrobes. That would tick me off no end, but it hasn't happened to me yet. Probably because my wardrobe is full of antique bug repellants.
    I've never had a problem with antique bugs either.
    oh look, I have a signature




Similar Threads

  1. "Most users ever online was 13,572, 4th November 2018"
    By LiveJazz in forum Tech Questions, Bug, Feature Requests, Basenotes-related talk...
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 5th June 2019, 02:06 AM
  2. "You Notice the Bad Smell?"
    By Buysblind in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 16th September 2018, 03:48 AM
  3. what is your "You Will Notice Me!" niche fragrance?
    By acceptfacts in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 26th July 2008, 09:09 PM
  4. Hello!! Did No One Notice The "new" Front Page?
    By GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 1st April 2007, 08:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000