Code of Conduct
o

Default Montblanc Explorer

I picked up bottle before Easter, and I have to say--I think I'm liking this better than Aventus. Don't get me wrong, I love Aventus. I've had multiple bottles over the years but haven't recently purchased it as I sold off my wardrobe and only kept a few basic staples that are more dependable like Bleu de CHANEL. With Montblanc Explorer, I get an almost identical match to Aventus but is lighter and easier to wear. I get the same dry down and would venture to say that I get better performance with Explorer. It's also not as loud obnoxious as Aventus, much more discrete with a modest scent bubble.

Some people have issues that it's produced in a chemistry lab with man-made chemicals. I don't care one bit. To me, it smells natural and puts out really good performance thanks to its design. I also don't buy that Creed uses 100% natural ingredients. I'm sure they have a good amount of man-made materials.

The point I'm trying to make, is if you love Aventus give this one a whirl. I think you might be impressed. It's a great scent. Oh, and the bottle is really cool!

Banned

Default Re: Montblanc Explorer

Cool, thanks!

How does it compare with CDNIM, Zara vibrant leather?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by vipero View Post
    How does it compare with CDNIM, Zara vibrant leather?
    Can't speak about CDNIM, but it's better then Zara's offering - has better longevity and scent wise it feels like it's higher quality

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    Can't speak about CDNIM, but it's better then Zara's offering - has better longevity and scent wise it feels like it's higher quality
    Is it similiar to ZRL in terms of opening or mid or base?

I own and enjoy both. I think ME is certainly great bang for the buck with to the general population no discernible difference.

That being said I know its not Creed and it the fact that it is not the original of the species does lessen the enjoyment.

I also fear it will be quite common and that i will encounter it like BDC and Sauvage

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I thought I'd post here rather than in the thread in the Aventus forum.
    I finally tried this today and if I hadn't known any different I'd have been utterly convinced it was one of the Pineapple vintage variations from Parfums Vintage.
    It seemed smoother in the opening than any of those but 2 hours later it's indistinguishable to my nose.
    Does this make it good or bad ?
    I dunno...