Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Chanel Pour Monsieur EDP USA Site Backordered/Now Sold Out

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    The Father’s Day theory does not look promising, I still can not believe this is truly happening to the EDP. I haven’t worn it in about two months and miss it’s presence in my wardrobe, Chanel really owes an explanation for this decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    While it's definitely not the same, I suggest Lalique Pour Homme EdP (1997) as a good way to get your fix. If you don't mind a bit spicier, Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur (1972) is another good alternative.
    I also recommend Nicolai New York Intense as a good way to get your fix.

I contacted Chanel about the availability of pour Monsieur on their website and spoke to a representative via chat about a month ago ( before Father's Day 2019 ) . I don't know anything about it being discontinued in the American market but she said they were definitely NOT going to discontinue it but didn't tell me when it would be available again when I pressed the issue. I have been checking the Internet every day since it has been scarce and I am kicking myself for not buying more of it sooner. This one was a real gem and I hope IF they do reformulate it that don't cut off it's nuts and keep it more or less the same. IMO it smells exactly like the edT with slightly less longetivity. I bought several bottles of Antaeus for good measure just in case that's the next one on the chopping block. It's the new Antaeus, not " vintage Antaeus " but what the heck any Antaeus is is better than none at all!

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by feydakin9 View Post
    any Antaeus is is better than none at all!
    True.

I bought a few bottles of Chanel pour Monsieur edT in the 3.4 oz bottles back in 2013 I believe before the IATA restrictions that heavily cut down on the oakmoss available in the fragrance. Those bottles were amazing and lasted a long time and smelled identical to the Chanel pour Monsieur edP that we are all lamenting right now. I haven't wanted to buy the new Chanel pour Monsieur edT because I heard it was very different than the pre-IATA restriction Chanel pour Monsieur. The color is slightly different, it looks pale yellow now ( much like urine ) and not green like it used to. Is it still the same fragrance? I see that this version is still available on eBay and other places at a reasonable price. Is it worth buying? I have hesitated to buy it because I have heard the longevity of the fragrance is poor and that is a big sticking point for me.

I bought a few bottles of Chanel pour Monsieur edT in the 3.4 oz bottles back in 2013 I believe before the IATA restrictions that heavily cut down on the oakmoss available in the fragrance. Those bottles were amazing and lasted a long time and smelled identical to the Chanel pour Monsieur edP that we are all lamenting right now. I haven't wanted to buy the new Chanel pour Monsieur edT because I heard it was very different than the pre-IATA restriction Chanel pour Monsieur. The color is slightly different, it looks pale yellow now ( much like urine ) and not green like it used to. Is it still the same fragrance? I see that this version is still available on eBay and other places at a reasonable price. Is it worth buying? I have hesitated to buy it because I have heard the longevity of the fragrance is poor and that is a big sticking point for me.
    I had the new version 2018 bottles of EDT and they lasted fine spraying on clothing made it last very well and clearly there at the end of the day 4-5 sprays. Since both EDT and EDP seem to have unknown future availability I’m super bummed and even confused why such a decision would have been made for a quality fragrance. Both versions are great and if your able to get the EDT at a good non price gouging price I’d go for it still a great fragrance.

I contacted Chanel about the availability of pour Monsieur on their website and spoke to a representative via chat about a month ago ( before Father's Day 2019 ) . I don't know anything about it being discontinued in the American market but she said they were definitely NOT going to discontinue it but didn't tell me when it would be available again when I pressed the issue. I have been checking the Internet every day since it has been scarce and I am kicking myself for not buying more of it sooner. This one was a real gem and I hope IF they do reformulate it that don't cut off it's nuts and keep it more or less the same. IMO it smells exactly like the edT with slightly less longetivity. I bought several bottles of Antaeus for good measure just in case that's the next one on the chopping block. It's the new Antaeus, not " vintage Antaeus " but what the heck any Antaeus is is better than none at all!
    I just saw this after my first post, such promising news as nothing comes close to the Chanel quality with PM EDP I await its return and will buy many bottles when it’s available again!
    Currently wearing: Allure Homme by Chanel

Chanel Pour Monsiuer edp was a reformulation from the version of Pour Monsieur edt concentree that it replaced, which itself was a major reformulation of the original oak moss and vanilla original version of Pour Monsieur edt concentree.

That Chanel Pour Monsieur edp smells like 2013 green juice edt is news to me. I have not smelled 2013 green juice, so I can't say. I have some 2008 green juice, and I think the edp was fairly different from that. I've only smelled the edp in the shop. I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    Chanel Pour Monsiuer edp was a reformulation from the version of Pour Monsieur edt concentree that it replaced, which itself was a major reformulation of the original oak moss and vanilla original version of Pour Monsieur edt concentree.

That Chanel Pour Monsieur edp smells like 2013 green juice edt is news to me. I have not smelled 2013 green juice, so I can't say. I have some 2008 green juice, and I think the edp was fairly different from that. I've only smelled the edp in the shop. I liked it.
    Same here, I have never smell identical edp to edt, concentree and edp smell very similar almost identical but very different almost like deferent cologne to any edt or cologne and I have try many different edt and colognes.
    1976 - Yatagan Caron
    1977 - Snuff by Schiaparelli
    1981 - Kouros YSL
    1988 - Fahrenheit Dior
    1980 - Patou Pour Homme
    1987 - Lapidus Pour Homme
    1981 - Quorum Antonio Puig
    1985 - Derby de Guerlain
    2014 - Dior Homme Parfum
    1987 - Ho Hang Club Balenciaga

Quote Originally Posted by peter4ptv View Post
    I have tried many different edts and colognes.
    Anytime "Cologne" is on the label, that's a good bottle of Chanel Pour Monsieur, I believe - unless it has turned.

Pour Monsieur EDP was temporarily out of stock and feared discontinued by many here in the UK but the good news is it now back in stock at least here. If any of you PM EDP lovers are planning a visit to the UK it may be worth stocking up.

Was notified a few weeks ago that PM is considered a permanent fragrance by a Chanel Customer Service representative and is just awaiting re-stock.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by rdoss27 View Post
    Was notified a few weeks ago that PM is considered a permanent fragrance by a Chanel Customer Service representative and is just awaiting re-stock.
    Currently wearing: Allure Homme by Chanel