Code of Conduct

Default Bloom perfumery sample subscribers?

Anyone else out there subscribe to Bloom Perfumery's monthly sample service? I got this as a very indulgent Christmas present and have been finding it really interesting. I would love to chat about each month's selection with people.
    Currently wearing: Tara Mantra by Gri Gri

Default Re: Bloom perfumery sample subscribers?

Hi Justfoxie, congrats on the subscription: I saw the Christmas offer and it looked like one of the best organized and structured monthly programs I’ve seen. Wish they offered it here! Just a thought: I’m sure there would be others keen to discuss the scents, even if they’re not part of the same subscription. Which ones have you tried? There may already be active threads discussing these, or you could start new ones for any you wanted to talk about
    Chypreish”:
    /ˈSHēpRAiSH/
    adjective
    (of a person or expression) to be desirous of an abundance of chypre.
    "Today, she was feeling chypreish”
    Currently wearing: Eau Illuminée by Delrae

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Lellabelle View Post
    Hi Justfoxie, congrats on the subscription: I saw the Christmas offer and it looked like one of the best organized and structured monthly programs I’ve seen. Wish they offered it here! Just a thought: I’m sure there would be others keen to discuss the scents, even if they’re not part of the same subscription. Which ones have you tried? There may already be active threads discussing these, or you could start new ones for any you wanted to talk about
    They do offer it worldwide.

The cost per year is not bad (£140), but the samples are 5x1ml, with the dabbers. If they were 2ml with sprayers it'd be more interesting. Because of stupid shipping practices though, DHL will only sent the crappy 1ml samples ("hazardous goods"). And the cost to shipping to Canada per month is prohibitive (£19).

Good selection of niche brands though. Much better than such services here and in the U.S.

https://bloomperfume.co.uk/pages/brands
    Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Thanks Lellabelle! I've been really pleased with the experience and the 10% off coupon that comes with each set is more than a little dangerous!

I think I was hoping to talk about the scents as a set each month rather than as individual fragrances - they are all niche houses as Scarce mentioned above and I haven't found any dedicated threads to any of the scents so far. I'm trying to avoid spamming the boards with lots of little notes on individual scents . . .unless that's of course what everyone wants! Still new here and feeling my way around.
    Currently wearing: Tara Mantra by Gri Gri

Basenotes Junkie

I am subscribed to similar service - Sniph, although they send you only one 8ml decant a month, but they don't charge you for the whole year at once and I like it a lot more. I think it's a rip off to pay 140 GBP upfront and I am not willing to subscribe to anything like that

Quote Originally Posted by Scarce View Post
    They do offer it worldwide.

The cost per year is not bad (£140), but the samples are 5x1ml, with the dabbers. If they were 2ml with sprayers it'd be more interesting. Because of stupid shipping practices though, DHL will only sent the crappy 1ml samples ("hazardous goods"). And the cost to shipping to Canada per month is prohibitive (£19).

Good selection of niche brands though. Much better than such services here and in the U.S.

https://bloomperfume.co.uk/pages/brands
    Yes, I inquired about it when it launched. Between the shipping and international restrictions, it wasn’t worth it. That’s before you consider fluctuating exchange rates and import taxes. For some things that aren’t easily available outside Europe, it’s an option to consider, but on balance a lot of the things I was interested in I could source more easily through other means. I wish more retailers would look at similar programs though. There was talk of Luckyscent doing it for a while, but then it went silent.
    Chypreish”:
    /ˈSHēpRAiSH/
    adjective
    (of a person or expression) to be desirous of an abundance of chypre.
    "Today, she was feeling chypreish”
    Currently wearing: Eau Illuminée by Delrae