Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default 50% off Jean Desprez 'Bal a Versailles' -- USA only

The 1990's-era website design gives me pause (I can't even remember the last time I saw a sidebar menu in a separate frame), but I got a legitimate-looking email saying that Jean Desprez was offering U.S. customers half off on Bal a Versailles parfum ($150 for a full ounce), or a combo pack of 50ml EDT plus a quarter-ounce parfum ($80).

So guess it's legit? Maybe?

https://www.jeandesprez.com/bavusa.php

Basenotes Junkie
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 50% off Jean Desprez 'Bal a Versailles' -- USA only

That design is a real throwback. But the site is more than a bit sus, from what I've seen. A couple of the pics on this page (Bal a Versailles Past and Present) have been lifted from basenotes.net.

I don't know what to make of it. If it is the official website of Jean Desprez, that is downright desprezzing.
    Currently wearing: Photo by Lagerfeld

Basenotes Junkie Feedback 0 grayspoole's Avatar

I do believe that is the website of the current owners of the Bal a Versailles name, Genesis International, who are producing the current output. A few years ago, a similar offer was posted in the Fragrantica review section for BaV...here's an excerpt:

The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. While its true we stopped production of Bal á Versailles during 2013 and part of 2014, we started production again last quarter of 2014 and have been selling to all loyal Bal á Versailles fans since. We had to stop since there was a lot (still may be) old outdated product in the market and we wanted the brand to sell out from all the stores selling on line. We apologize but we need to make sure our customers only buy fresh fragrances. We have nothing against on line stores selling the brand, we just need to know that its not outdated and fresh for our customers. If you wish to buy directly from us go to our company store at:balaversailles.com and for readers of Fragrantica you will receive a 50% discount at checkout! We thank you for the wonderful reviews and your loyalty to the brand.

If you like your BaV fresh and not "outdated," then I suppose these are fair offers. I have tried the Genesis BaV EDC, which is not terrible, but vintage BaV parfum is infinitely better.
    Currently wearing: No. 19 by Chanel

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    If it is the official website of Jean Desprez, that is downright desprezzing.
    HaHa and Ouch, at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by grayspoole View Post
    I do believe that is the website of the current owners of the Bal a Versailles name, Genesis International, who are producing the current output.
    Good to have some verification.