Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Would this have been a bottle for a specific maker or is just an "aftermarket bottle" ?

Good morning all,
    I have developed a taste for collecting sterling silver and when I saw this little bottle I had to have it! It is sterling over glass, measures about 2 1/2" tall, 1 1/4" wide, and 9/16" thick.It has a sterling stamp as well as "Hecho en Mexico", a .925 and another illegible mark that I would think make up the hallmark. I believe it to be a Taxco piece (Taxco de Alarcon) but would it have been for a specific house or more of something that came with a vanity set? Thank you for the information and here is a picture!

Default Re: Would this have been a bottle for a specific maker or is just an "aftermarket bottle" ?

Quote Originally Posted by nikonNUT View Post
    Good morning all,
    I have developed a taste for collecting sterling silver and when I saw this little bottle I had to have it! It is sterling over glass, measures about 2 1/2" tall, 1 1/4" wide, and 9/16" thick.It has a sterling stamp as well as "Hecho en Mexico", a .925 and another illegible mark that I would think make up the hallmark. I believe it to be a Taxco piece (Taxco de Alarcon) but would it have been for a specific house or more of something that came with a vanity set? Thank you for the information and here is a picture!
    This to me looks like a flask and not a perfume bottle, as I have a similar one. Beautiful though.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Would this have been a bottle for a specific maker or is just an "aftermarket bottle" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bratsche View Post
    This to me looks like a flask and not a perfume bottle, as I have a similar one. Beautiful though.
    Thank you very much for the information! I automatically defaulted to a perfume bottle as it is so tiny. I need to check the volume but I would think 15 milliliters at the max. It's my going in my sterling silver shave set that I have been building from a hodgepodge of antique store finds!
    Last edited by nikonNUT; 3rd May 2019 at 12:25 AM.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Beautifully designed piece.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.