Code of Conduct

Smile Is there a fragrance similar to the classic Palmolive shaving foam?

Hello everyone and thanks for your attention!
    I wanted to ask ... Is there a fragrance similar to the smell of Classic Palmolive shaving foam? (the red tube to understand)

PAL-SC-ORG-02_x1024.jpg

it's a smell so good ... I would very much like Palmolive to produce an EDC or EDT with this fragrance.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Is there a fragrance similar to the classic Palmolive shaving foam?

Perhaps, but only to a certain very limited extent, Felci by l'Erbolario (inexpensive EDP with a good rendition of an Italian/Mediterranean fougere style), perhaps to an even lesser extent several of the aftershave splashes by Proraso, admittedly the performance being rather below average, one can always apply more without breaking the bank.

Same for a certain (at least partly) Spanish equivalent of Proraso, Italian Palmolive shaving cream etc., namely Floid:
    especially Mentolado Vigoroso, rather than the more powdery, "classic" regular Floid being at the very least worth some testing, sampling and considering, even blind buying at its fairly low, almost unlikely inexpensive current price.
    Currently wearing: 1881 Amber by Cerruti

Smile Re: Is there a fragrance similar to the classic Palmolive shaving foam?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Perhaps, but only to a certain very limited extent, Felci by l'Erbolario (inexpensive EDP with a good rendition of an Italian/Mediterranean fougere style), perhaps to an even lesser extent several of the aftershave splashes by Proraso, admittedly the performance being rather below average, one can always apply more without breaking the bank.

Same for a certain (at least partly) Spanish equivalent of Proraso, Italian Palmolive shaving cream etc., namely Floid:
    especially Mentolado Vigoroso, rather than the more powdery, "classic" regular Floid being at the very least worth some testing, sampling and considering, even blind buying at its fairly low, almost unlikely inexpensive current price.

first of all, thanks for the comment!: Smiley:

I know Floid very well, but the classic one, although I really don't like it ... is the vigorous mentholated Floid very different? or does it keep the same base with the addition of some mint molecule? anyway as you say, it's a good buy for the price, I'll try it anyway!

I read that even the Lacoste Booster is particularly close to the classic mint feeling ... do you recommend it?

Sorry for my not perfect english

Always thought ck one in2u men smelled a bit like shaving cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis20 View Post
    first of all, thanks for the comment!: Smiley:

I know Floid very well, but the classic one, although I really don't like it ... is the vigorous mentholated Floid very different? or does it keep the same base with the addition of some mint molecule? anyway as you say, it's a good buy for the price, I'll try it anyway!

I read that even the Lacoste Booster is particularly close to the classic mint feeling ... do you recommend it?

Sorry for my not perfect english
    Thank you for asking, the vigorous Floid does have ore than just an additional mint note added to the same base, in fact the mint/eucalyptus character is so pronounced, it manages to evolve into a fresh scent completely different from the traditional Floid aftershave (the one with black label/bottle and more powdery scent).

As for Lacoste Booster, did not identify much resemblance with the Palmolive (especially the red package) shaving cream and only moderately minty, with further green and citrus notes in it, but still considering it as one of the better fresh scents mostly affordable in price and fairly good in price-quality ratio, while versatile and pleasant for everyday wear.
    Currently wearing: 1881 Amber by Cerruti

Quote Originally Posted by fausto_ View Post
    Always thought ck one in2u men smelled a bit like shaving cream.
    I'll try it! thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Thank you for asking, the vigorous Floid does have ore than just an additional mint note added to the same base, in fact the mint/eucalyptus character is so pronounced, it manages to evolve into a fresh scent completely different from the traditional Floid aftershave (the one with black label/bottle and more powdery scent).

As for Lacoste Booster, did not identify much resemblance with the Palmolive (especially the red package) shaving cream and only moderately minty, with further green and citrus notes in it, but still considering it as one of the better fresh scents mostly affordable in price and fairly good in price-quality ratio, while versatile and pleasant for everyday wear.
    Thanks again ! I will certainly buy it! I'm Italian and it's easy to find around here! and I will also get the Lacoste booster, as a lover of menthol flavor

Basenotes Plus

Try Jaques Fath Lilas Exquise