Code of Conduct

Default What would you recommend

I’m wondering if anyone has opinions about which frags would suit certain gents in the public eye. I know we have ideas about what they actually wear but I’d be interested to hear your views on what might suit them given their personalities, images, and/or just their attire.

Here's no 1. Keith Richards

13081730-6991991-image-a-23_1556969895875.jpg

No 2 Bill Murray

Bill_Murray,_Monuments_Men_premiere.jpg

No 3 Ian McKellan

McKellan.jpg

No 4 Dunno who he is but he looks kind of cool

Some guy.jpg

What do you say?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: What would you recommend

Quote Originally Posted by willie45 View Post
    I’m wondering if anyone has opinions about which frags would suit certain gents in the public eye. I know we have ideas about what they actually wear but I’d be interested to hear your views on what might suit them given their personalities, images, and/or just their attire.

No 3 Ian McKellan

McKellan.jpg

What do you say?
    Bois Du Portugal
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

No 1 Keith Richards - Jovoy Psychedelique

No 2 Bill Murray - CH 212 Sexy Men

No 3 Ian McKellan - Creed Royal Mayfair
    Currently wearing: Santos by Cartier

Quote Originally Posted by willie45 View Post
    No 3 Ian McKellen

McKellan.jpg
    Floris Santal
    Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Cartier L'Envol EDP, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

Interesting BDP suggestion for Ian. I love it and now you've said it I reckon it would work well with his look. I keep reading everyone saying it's a formal scent and I wondered if he was dressed a bit too casually for BDP. I'm never too sure what people mean when they say "casual". Maybe they mean track gear or shorts or something?

The other suggestions are an education for me so thank you. I haven't smelled any of them.

As I say, I haven't smelled Royal Mayfair but it's now on my radar as are your other two suggestions. Thanks for the call out @Sheik Yerbouti

Every Floris fragrances I've tried are very nice though they haven't lasted that long on my skin. I will look out for this one too.

My thoughts were

Keith - Antaeus.
    Bill - Eau Sauvage EDP
    Ian - Egoiste
    Random bloke - Fahrenheit EDT

BTW I’m going purely on their personailty/ public image not what they’re wearing in the photos. Hence no No 4.
    Could never imagine Bill Murray in a serious fragrance. He’s the kinda guy would laugh at a funeral to make everyone feel at ease.
    Currently wearing: Santos by Cartier

they all smell weed to me..
    Currently wearing: 33 by Chris Rusak

Better clothes or stylist for starters...
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

Keith Richards desk. Not sure when the photo was taken.

Habit Rouge up top, Fahrenheit on the bottom. Something else next to Habit Rouge. Another spray bottle of some kind. Hard to tell. Interesting stuff on there, anyway. His longtime maid used to tell people she expected to find him dead every time she got there in the morning. He's 75 and The Rolling Stones are doing a full U.S. tour this summer.

keith-richards library photo habit rouge fahrenheit.jpg

Another angle. Keith Richards on couch,.

1024x1024.jpg

I know Keef is supposed to use HR. I can see him with Fahrenheit easily.

I guess my reason for posting is to help me locate a casual and playful scent for a hippy - type man in his later years

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Keith Richards desk. Not sure when the photo was taken.

Habit Rouge up top, Fahrenheit on the bottom. Something else next to Habit Rouge. Another spray bottle of some kind. Hard to tell. Interesting stuff on there, anyway. His longtime maid used to tell people she expected to find him dead every time she got there in the morning. He's 75 and The Rolling Stones are doing a full U.S. tour this summer.

keith-richards library photo habit rouge fahrenheit.jpg

Another angle. Keith Richards on couch,.

1024x1024.jpg
    I bet it was from the 90’s or early 2000’s. Older bottle of HR. And look at that remote control. Looks like a bottle of Kiehls with that white pump?
    Currently wearing: Ciel Man by Amouage

Keith Richards- nothing left but to second Habit Rouge and/or Fahrenheit

Bill
    Murray- Polo and/or Polo Sport, some of the regular, "designer" as well as the more exclusive, Private Blend ranges of Tom Ford and/or (even if just as an almost involuntary tribute to "Lost in Translation") almost anything by nearly any Japanese designer house like Kenzo, but also a possible niche equivalent to it

Ian McKellan- Opus 1870 by Penhaligon's

Unknown fourth gentleman- he might seem quite comfortable even with wearing something apparently made for the much younger generation and thus unexpectedly sweet, spicy and/or compliment garnering in comparison to the (average, more predictable) fragrance choices for his age group, therefore possibly Le Male, Rochas Man, Endymion, Aventus, any of the sweeter CK's, to name only a few

Well all this talk of Fahrenheit has put me in the mood and I had actually forgotten how much I loved this scent for casual jeans and shirt type wear.