Code of Conduct

Default Keeping skin and hair moisturized

Hello,
    I am a 41 year old male and have noticed that after the end of the work day if I shave and moisturize my skin and hair that it makes a big difference to the way I look. When I leave for work I do shave, use a good quality moisturizer on my skin and then apply hair gel on my hair. But in about 4 hours my skin and hair goes dry again. What daily routines or products can I use to keep my skin and hair moisturized.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Keeping skin and hair moisturized

Quote Originally Posted by jsss8791 View Post
    Hello,
    I am a 41 year old male and have noticed that after the end of the work day if I shave and moisturize my skin and hair that it makes a big difference to the way I look. When I leave for work I do shave, use a good quality moisturizer on my skin and then apply hair gel on my hair. But in about 4 hours my skin and hair goes dry again. What daily routines or products can I use to keep my skin and hair moisturized.
    Just curious - which moisturizer do you use?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

The moisturizer I started using and have had wonderful results with is Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream for Extra-Dry Skin. Absorbs almost instantly but keeps my skin feeling hydrated all day.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap Thread

Autumn Favorites
    Aramis Special Blend, Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Guerlain Héritage EDT, L'Erbolario Méharées, Michael Kors Michael for Men, Odori Tabacco, Perfumes of the Desert Pinon, Rasasi Dhanal Oudh Nashwah, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, West Third Brand Amérique

Basenotes Junkie

Just take moisturaizer with you to work?

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    Just take moisturaizer with you to work?
    +1.
    Summer Rotation
    Acqua di Gio Profumo
    Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche
    Sel Marin
    Castile
    Mugler Cologne
    Allure Homme Sport Cologne

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread
    Currently wearing: Davidoff by Davidoff

What I would do is not using those bullshit brands anymore. They are happy if your skin is dry again after a few hours. It means you will use more and more.
    Try some organic products, you will see the difference. shea butter works well to maintain hydratation but you will maybe not like the sensation it leaves on the skin.

I like to mix a drop of marula oil into my moisturizer for this reason. I also rub a drop between my hands and then touch my hair if it’s feeling dry. If I’m using gel, I often use a hair lotion or leave in conditioner first.
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

Quote Originally Posted by jsss8791 View Post
    Hello,
    Semi medical grade moisturizer - DoubleBase and E45 Intense

- - - Updated - - -

Also adding good quality olive oil is sworn by, by many.

I would think that a good quality conditioner should do the trick. Maybe not wash your hair every single day, as that tends to dry out my scalp in the colder months.
    I use mostly Aveeno products for face and hand moisturizer. I'm not too picky.

Your routine seems fine. It might seem basic but do you drink much water during the day?
    How hydrated you are can have a drastic effect on how moisturised or dry your skin looks. I usually aim for 2 litres but everyones needs will be different. It might take a few days to notice a difference..
    A few favourites

Bois du Portugal by Creed
    Aventus by Creed
    Mousse Illuminee by Rogue Perfumery
    Incident Diplomatique by Jovoy
    Patchouli Nobile by Nobile 1942
    Pour Monsieur EdT by Chanel
    Eau Sauvage (vtg) by Christian Dior
    Eucris EdP by GF Trumper

Also adding the Dove Extra Sensitive moisturizers and other products, if available, from this very same product line