Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Vintage Diorissimo EDT 100 ml Colour

I have one that is very pale straw coloured, and smells perfect. I have just seen another, but the perfume is much darker/orange/amber coloured. Does this mean it is going or gone "off"? I have been told that it's just the natural darkening of the jasmine oil, and that it should still be very fresh, while others say, only buy the pale one. Also, does the same apply to the Vintage EDP, Parfum, and EDC? I.e. Pale good, dark bad? Any help very much appreciated. Thank you, Gill

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Default Re: Vintage Diorissimo EDT 100 ml Colour

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkabelle View Post
    I have one that is very pale straw coloured, and smells perfect. I have just seen another, but the perfume is much darker/orange/amber coloured. Does this mean it is going or gone "off"? I have been told that it's just the natural darkening of the jasmine oil, and that it should still be very fresh, while others say, only buy the pale one. Also, does the same apply to the Vintage EDP, Parfum, and EDC? I.e. Pale good, dark bad? Any help very much appreciated. Thank you, Gill
    For vintage fragrances, I've had some that seemed darkened (e.g., orange), but they smelled the same as the clearer (more colorless) juice from the same period.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavard View Post
    For vintage fragrances, I've had some that seemed darkened (e.g., orange), but they smelled the same as the clearer (more colorless) juice from the same period.
    Thank you very much. Appreciated :-)

Jinkabelle--

I have a few bottles of vintage Diorissimo, and I do have a darker amber EDT that I believe smells "exhausted." I generally avoid darkened vintages because of my past experience with one or two problematic darkened bottles, but I sometimes think every vintage bottle is unique. We roll the dice every time. Good luck!
    Currently wearing: Scandal by Lanvin