Code of Conduct

Default Vintage Eau Sauvage. Need advice.

Hey guys.
    I purchased this EDT bottle on ebay. The box seems legit, it's a non-magnetic cap so i checked for the right things when i purchased it.
    However, the longevity is poor. Within 30 minutes it becomes a skin scent and within an hour or two it's gone. Which leads me to the question, judging by these pics, does it look like a legit bottle from the 90's? I hear the older releases lasts longer, which isn't the case at all with this one.
    I didn't pay more than the current version so it's no big deal, just disappointed in the performance.

Thanks

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Vintage Eau Sauvage. Need advice.

Quote Originally Posted by HBK View Post
    Which leads me to the question, judging by these pics, does it look like a legit bottle from the 90's?
    It does to me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

The packaging looks correct but I can't comment on the liquid in the bottle.
    I have a pre-barcode bottle and I get a hefty oakmoss that accompanies the aromatics and citrus. The initial projection is outstanding and the longevity is very good (at least 6 hours) with regular wafts throughout the day.
    The bottle pictured should still be louder than the later white box bottles.
    If the box was sealed when you bought it I would expect better performance than you’ve described.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Default Vintage Eau Sauvage. Need advice.

Quote Originally Posted by HBK View Post
    Hey guys.
    I purchased this EDT bottle on ebay. The box seems legit, it's a non-magnetic cap so i checked for the right things when i purchased it.
    However, the longevity is poor. Within 30 minutes it becomes a skin scent and within an hour or two it's gone. Which leads me to the question, judging by these pics, does it look like a legit bottle from the 90's? I hear the older releases lasts longer, which isn't the case at all with this one.
    I didn't pay more than the current version so it's no big deal, just disappointed in the performance.

Thanks

What Hednic said. Looks perfectly fine to me too.
    Your bottle is made in the period (1992 to early/mid-'00s) when IFRA-restrictions, on f.ex oakmoss, really started picking up speed and 'hurting' frags noticably (in particular those classics where oakmoss is a key player). Though I'm not an expert on ES, that COULD be one of the reasons for the performance/longevity issues.
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    What Hednic said. Looks perfectly fine to me too.
    Your bottle is made in the period (1992 to early/mid-'00s) when IFRA-restrictions, on f.ex oakmoss, really started picking up speed and 'hurting' frags noticably (in particular those classics where oakmoss is a key player). Though I'm not an expert on ES, that COULD be one of the reasons for the performance/longevity issues.
    Yeah i've heard that and had that in mind when I purchased this. I thought i was gonna be fine with a bottle from the 90's though as the seller told me.
    Oh well i guess i should try and find a pre barcode one.