Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Upon wearing Acier Aluminium today I think Creed made a mistake Vaulting it.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this and so glad I bought a flacon a few months back. Anyone who hasn't smelled it needs to know that this is a very underrated Creed that is hardly ever talked about. I rank this among my top 7 Creeds. It has a beautiful sillage when the scent wafts in the air. While yes, it smells good on a test strip, it smells heavenly in the air off of the skin. Acier Aluminium is absolutely the essence of why one wears fragrance IMO. This is pure class.

It's got just the right amount of powder and sweetness without any cloying whatsoever. It's so much more tasteful and natural than any designer made in this genre. This is, IMO, one of Creed's very best scents. I'm frankly shocked that the experienced Basenoters aren't mad for it.

Default Re: Upon wearing Acier Aluminium today I think Creed made a mistake Vaulting it.

This scent has a very nostalgic Seventies vibe to me and I always think of that character Dirk Diggler from that Movie Boogie nights. Something he would have worn. I agree it is underrated and kind of unique in been different from other scents including Creeds other offerings. This and Disco should be brought back!
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    2. Guerlain Homme l'Eau Boisee
    3. Guerlain Vetiver
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Upon wearing Acier Aluminium today I think Creed made a mistake Vaulting it.

I like it and glad I have a full bottle of it but not mad about it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Glad you took my recommendation to get your nose on this one a while back

After all this time, it sits there as my #1 Creed - absolutely love it, mostly for its originality and uniqueness.

My bottle ages very very well, as does my love for it.

Blog Entries

I agree with your thoughts tspencer, the development through the day is gorgeous and there isn’t anything else like it. My favorite from the grey-cap EDT range
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator
    Currently wearing: The Aoud by Mancera

There are so many vaulted Creeds that I would rather see reintroduced. I am not a fan myself, but glad it has a good following.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

User of Toilet Water

As much as I love Acier Aluminium and their other discontinued EDTs (and non-EDTs), I completely understand why they were discontinued. They smell old, dated, and in some cases, just plain weird. If they had stuck with these oldies instead of the modern millisimes (and yes, especially Aventus) they would have gone out of business a long time ago. That's not to say they couldn't offer them side by side, but if it made financial sense to do so, they probably would.

Freed from BN Institution

Ironically this would be my least favorite Creed that I've tried.

Regardless, I'm a bit surprised that it was moved into the Private Collection.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

I passed on several opportunities to acquire this as I wasn't overly taken with it, but I'll certainly give it another look if/when the occasion presents itself.

Bananas and a sort of very dated musk

For me it was horrid but I agree it should be unvaulted as they all should

I liked it, but I can’t see it selling very well. Far apart from current trends.

had a bottle but the metallic powdery banana was not for me, I can't see having a market today!

In my wearings, I found it to be impressive/interesting artistically speaking ... but, not particularly enjoyable in the conventional sense.