Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Is my Aventus fake?

Hi everyone,

Can you help me about Aventus batch LT4215Y11 I purchased from ebay (indian seller) for about $240 including shipping fees? I will get it soon but I'm wondering if it could be a fake one. Seller says its 100% authentic but don't do refunds. What should I do in case it was fake? can I process refund from ebay?

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Quote Originally Posted by carrera View Post
    Hi everyone,

Can you help me about Aventus batch LT4215Y11 I purchased from ebay (indian seller) for about $240 including shipping fees? I will get it soon but I'm wondering if it could be a fake one. Seller says its 100% authentic but don't do refunds. What should I do in case it was fake? can I process refund from ebay?

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Thanks!
    100% fake. Cellophane wrapping did not appear until re entry. The first cello wrapped batch just came out. Fake bottles have been discussed here a lot. Please search and read prior comments. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

hi everyone,

can you help me about aventus batch lt4215y11 i purchased from ebay (indian seller) for about $240 including shipping fees? I will get it soon but i'm wondering if it could be a fake one. Seller says its 100% authentic but don't do refunds. What should i do in case it was fake? Can i process refund from ebay?

thanks!
    Fake! Fake! Fake!
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

It's not grey market man, it's 100% fake. Don't even bother trying that juice, it will be crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Y4S_58 View Post
    It's not grey market man, it's 100% fake. Don't even bother trying that juice, it will be crap.
    I got it yesterday and it smells very nice fresh fruity scent with good projection and longevity! I only smelled Creed Aventus samples 2017/2018 which I personally didn't find better than Armaf Club De Nuit Intense and Insurrection Pure 2. But this one I got smells more natural and better quality than Armaf, IP2 and these samples. I can smell it before I spray! once I remove the cap easily and the opening is incredible. I can easily smell the top notes (pineapple & citrus mostly) for some hours, then it fades into the heart notes (woody and a bit smoky) for about 4-5 hours more and after that I can smell the base and that is almost same behavior to what I used to with Armaf/IP2. I sprayed 1 on my pillow and I can still smell it after 18 hours or so.

I also asked people around me and they said its very nice strong scent and much better than what I was wearing before, so I got good compliments! How could this one be a fake? I'm really amazed of its performance and it seems to me like an expensive awesome fragrance

Not sure if I will request a refund even if its a fake one

Here are some pics:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hk8gebd1vp...33829.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fetkmo4qhd...30924.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1pxlxzj2d...31203.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vp3gi59sng...32033.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4xefxd6xc...32543.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8o202f1jgo...32756.jpg?dl=0

It's a knockoff, its 100% fake like I said. But if you like the smell, keep it. Just keep in mind that you could buy yourself 30 bottles of that for the price you paid for that one bottle...

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Not sure if I will request a refund even if its a fake one
    Either way, you must be happy with the decision you ultimately make.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Thanks guys for your kind support! Maybe its a good fake one because of its quality and performance that anyone who don't know about Creed perfumes can be fooled.

But what issues to tell Ebay about in the refund process other than Cellophane wrapping? In my case the seller doesn't accept returns, so is it a must to send it back to him or to Ebay? Its my first odd purchase so I don't know anything about refund policies

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Thanks guys for your kind support! Maybe its a good fake one because of its quality and performance that anyone who don't know about Creed perfumes can be fooled.

But what issues to tell Ebay about in the refund process other than Cellophane wrapping? In my case the seller doesn't accept returns, so is it a must to send it back to him or to Ebay? Its my first odd purchase so I don't know anything about refund policies
    If you paid for the purchase through PayPal, you have the choice of disputing it through PayPal or Ebay. That's up to you. If you're not sure of the procedure, just give Ebay or PaypPal a call, explain the situation and they will tell you what you need to do.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Aventus batch numbers, part 2

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    If you paid for the purchase through PayPal, you have the choice of disputing it through PayPal or Ebay. That's up to you. If you're not sure of the procedure, just give Ebay or PaypPal a call, explain the situation and they will tell you what you need to do.
    Hi guys,

@Hednic thanks for the tip! I left negative feedback for him and that its fake Aventus and I opened a refund case with Ebay listing all issues with images attached. Then he kept following me to remove everything because its a new Ebay account and his sales will drop. He claims that its original box from his side but maybe wholeseller where he bought it cheated him.. He refunded me and asked me if I can make discount for him, so I made him about 10% and kept the bottle Is this a clear sign that he is pretty sure the product is counterfeit?

After spending some days checking Aventus images/bottles and forum comments, I couldn't tell its a bad batch or grey market or so. Maybe the major points are the atomizer light silver and bottom of glass having rounded dashes/dots * (not sure what they are for but I see them on some glasses) are the top red flags. But for the juice, I think this is a good fragrance (original creed sample or Armaf or IP2 watered down), as when I wear it its not bad at all and lasts several hours :S also good compliments when I ask others and my brother said how this is fake while it is so aromatic and strong. Maybe this is similar to this guy's review below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiDwxxlrjTg

* These are the rounded dashes engraving which I didn't see on any Ceed Aventus genuine bottle:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8o202f1jgo...32756.jpg?dl=0

Dependent

Default Re: Is my Aventus fake?

Creed atomizers are white, not silver.

Hi everyone,

Can you help me about Aventus batch LT4215Y11 I purchased from ebay (indian seller) for about $240 including shipping fees? I will get it soon but I'm wondering if it could be a fake one. Seller says its 100% authentic but don't do refunds. What should I do in case it was fake? can I process refund from ebay? Thanks!
    I cannot say for sure if your Aventus is real or fake. However, you should know that Creed Fragrances for the markets outside of the USA are sealed in cellophane. I have purchased a few Creeds abroad from authorized sellers, and each bottle was wrapped in cellophane and each bottle was 100% authentic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seldomseen View Post
    I cannot say for sure if your Aventus is real or fake. However, you should know that Creed Fragrances for the markets outside of the USA are sealed in cellophane. I have purchased a few Creeds abroad from authorized sellers, and each bottle was wrapped in cellophane and each bottle was 100% authentic.
    Thank you! I guess its either a good clone/copy made in China or a bad batch version which was wrapped in cellophane by some wholesale distributors as compared to the samples I have and the one I got today:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/416...60#post4627260

Also, you don't know what's in that bottle! It could be radioactive if it's a fake, for all you know. Do you have a Geiger counter handy? LOL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Also, you don't know what's in that bottle! It could be radioactive if it's a fake, for all you know. Do you have a Geiger counter handy? LOL.
    Lol.. Thats true we never know what chemicals and oils are used. I read somewhere one guy complaining in the review and that the seller told him to spray only on clothes Thanks!