Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Basenotes Member

Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

damn so you'll have to buy like 3 100mL's... which is like what 650 euros vs 400~ for one at boutique?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by nevinyrral View Post
    damn so you'll have to buy like 3 100mL's... which is like what 650 euros vs 400~ for one at boutique?
    Anything you like - doesn't have to be Aventus to meet the threshold for free shipping.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Very strange........

The US Creed Boutique image above implies it's unisex (ForHimForHerForAll).

The blurb from Essenza Nobile above (presumably copied directly from Creed) says it "presents a very special character for women and men".

Yet, the UK Creed site says it's "the next legendary addition to the men’s fragrance collection" and refers to the "quality and longevity of this new men’s scent."

So.......is it unisex or masculine??!!

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Anything you like - doesn't have to be Aventus to meet the threshold for free shipping.
    damn gonna become an addicting hobby.. wonder how easy it would be to get my money back selling the other 2 items i get..

also their site looks very...primitive

Quote Originally Posted by Drzava View Post
    Very strange........

The US Creed Boutique image above implies it's unisex (ForHimForHerForAll).

The blurb from Essenza Nobile above (presumably copied directly from Creed) says it "presents a very special character for women and men".

Yet, the UK Creed site says it's "the next legendary addition to the men’s fragrance collection" and refers to the "quality and longevity of this new men’s scent."

So.......is it unisex or masculine??!!
    Of course it's unisex.
    Especially fragrances geared somewhat towards men are rather unisex.
    This one is probably no exception.

(this logic doesn't apply exactly the same way the other way around)

damn gonna become an addicting hobby.. wonder how easy it would be to get my money back selling the other 2 items i get..
    Guess that would depend on what those two other items are.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

New review from BFL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGt2Hz0aIAQ

- - - Updated - - -

So...I'm sure some of you will be interested to know.

Creed will be giving away free samples of this. The various YouTube reviewers will have promo codes that you will be able to use on Creed's site to get a sample of this for free.

Lmao this price. Name of the brand will be more precise if they change C to G

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    New review from BFL:

- - - Updated - - -

Creed will be giving away free samples of this. The various YouTube reviewers will have promo codes that you will be able to use on Creed's site to get a sample of this for free.
    I don't know what it is with BFL, he comes across as a bit of simpleton and minutes of a video go by and he's said nothing. He does that fixed grin at the end of takes too, sort of comes across a bit dim really. I do wonder if this release will stand alone as being good, it will be interesting as Aventus is has become a self-made boring cliché of a scent now.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    New review from BFL:

- - - Updated - - -

samples?! codes?!

Ughhhh...You just knew it would happen (especially with the name they gave this). Called my local Neiman Marcus to ask if they had Aventus Cologne (or even just a tester, so I could try it out). They seemed to be very "confused," and insisted that they had "Aventus Cologne". I really had to spell out that it was a new 2019 release, before they understood me. Wish Creed named this something else (like Aventus fraiche, or whatever else) to avoid the confusion.

Basenotes Member

its available now on boutique site

- - - Updated - - -

Guess that would depend on what those two other items are.
    How does buying from europe work? do you need to pay import taxes or anything on delivery?

Just requested my free sample...Hopefully, its something more than the Viking paper samples that they gave out a few years ago.

FWIW, Most YT reviewers have links you can use to get your own sample.

- - - Updated - - -

New Dracdoc review just dropped...Looks like he's the first one to slow down the hype train a bit. Says it's good, but still not top-5 for him, and he prefers the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh2UeihAiFs

How does buying from europe work? do you need to pay import taxes or anything on delivery?
    If the amount is over $800, with DHL Express shipping the goods, usually a US customs duty is assessed (about 4.3%, but it varies)

Price is ridiculous IMO.

Basenotes Member

If the amount is over $800, with DHL Express shipping the goods, usually a US customs duty is assessed (about 4.3%, but it varies)
    So if i buy 3 for 660~ it'll be free shipping and i'll be exempt from having to pay any fees/duties/taxes on my end?

So if i buy 3 for 660~ it'll be free shipping and i'll be exempt from having to pay any fees/duties/taxes on my end?
    Correct.

Basenotes Member

Correct.
    thanks for the info! interesting how the site lets you add to cart and check out alrdy.. hmmm

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GioB89 View Post
    Lmao this price. Name of the brand will be more precise if they change C to G
    Clever pun.

I'm just in the "wait and see" camp for this one.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Explorer by Montblanc

Got to try this one out from the Creed boutique in NYC, it's actually a pretty decent scent but my only issue is that it's too expensive for what you get. It starts off nice and fresh, has the orginal Aventus DNA, also I do get the Minty note in this. The best way to describe this is if someone took Tommy T with Aventus with a little hint of Jardan D'Malfi. I was trying this on Saturday and nice middle-aged gentlemen stopped me and kept on saying how good I smelled, so there! with the original Aventus, I've never ever gotten one darn compliment. (which I've owned 4 bottles off and from the Madison Ave boutique ) and This one the first time I try it, BAMM. Also, the lasting power on this is great, lasted on my skin for a good 8 hours. Also, they didn't have any samples in the store so didn't really get to try it after Saturday.
    Any Knowledge Is Good Knowledge For Me.......

Good feedback deadhacker. Glad you got to try it.

Thank you for the recommendation-this one just being advanced within a list of asap testing/sampling priorities
    Currently wearing: Norrland by Zara

Blog Entries

Wearing this today, my first impressions are that it's too redundant. Very similar to Aventus, only lighter. Mine is from batch 9719NO1, Assuming by that number that this is the first batch? The opening is 90% similar to Aventus, only lighter, and the pineapple note is more creamy, almost with a vanilla undertone. It also has more of a metallic vibe than Aventus, which is more the traditional old school DNA of classic Creed's. The opening is quite nice, but also more faint than Aventus. It does project, but not nearly as much as a good batch of Aventus. The dry down, I do get some birch, but not very much, which is good, because I think the birch is overdone in Aventus, which is why I prefer Cedrat Boisee. In the end, it's a very linear fragrance with about 4-5 hours longevity.

Although it's not worth the money to me, I feel this will sell well for them. It takes all the top notes and citrusy components of Aventus and prolongs them, but also mellows it out. It's really just a lighter version of Aventus, with better performance on the top notes.

The end verdict: If you can't get a sample, don't blind buy this. Unless you think a lighter version of Aventus is something that's worth the price here. If there is mint, I don't get any; nor do I get any different notes than regular Aventus. There's no new DNA here, just simply what the name states Aventus "Cologne". I think it will cater to certain Creed Aventus fans, but for the most part, it seems like Creed just capitalizing on the success of its predecessor.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler
    Currently wearing: Jaguar Pace by Jaguar

Hello all,

I was fortunate enough to get a sample of Aventus Cologne with the free promo they advertised on the YT channels. It finally arrived today, and I sprayed it on about 10 minutes ago.

My thoughts?

The opening reminds me of a non-harsh version of the openings of the two Aventus clones I own. I like it well enough so far, but it's not anything I haven't already smelled, if that makes sense.

I'm curious to see what direction this goes. I will give a brief update later.

EDIT: Ok, I found that it stayed fairly linear for the most part, and those top notes held on much longer than I would have imagined. That's pretty impressive, IMO. Deep in the dry down stage, I found this to be similar to (prepare yourselves) Curve Green. I'm not saying it smelled exactly like Curve, but I certainly did get the same vibe from the AC at that point.

Longevity was ok, but that's difficult for me to determine with only two sprays. Projection, on the other hand, seemed quite good for only two sprays from a carded sample vial. I didn't have to lift my arm to my nose to get whiffs of it, and I can't say that for everything.

Please don't come at me here, Aventus Cologne fans. I'm not trying to ruffle feathers. I'm merely sharing my honest opinion. Feel free to write my thoughts off as someone who lacks the experience to know what he's talking about. Quite honestly though, I went into this with the mindset that I was going to have my socks blown off, and then start crying over the price. LOL! I wanted to love it, but
    i find it to be a like.

As I type this, I don't find it to be full bottle worthy based on my tastes, and the cash outlay. It is very pleasant, and quite enjoyable. I also find it to be a safe blind buy recommendation based on the appealing scent profile. Meaning, I cannot imagine that very many (any, perhaps) people would outright dislike the scent, if they're being 100% truthful. it's just not worth the asking price for me. Whether or not it's worth it for you, is for you to decide.

This is all initial impressions, of course, and those can change upon doing a full wearing. Tonight, I just did two sprays on my left forearm for testing purposes. I'll post again once I have had a proper wearing to work. My initial impression is that I'm not clamoring for a full bottle, but my mind is open to be changed at a later date.
    Last edited by painted_klown; 25th June 2019 at 05:39 AM.

Have had my bottle for about two weeks now and I love it. Well worth it for me.

Have had my bottle for about two weeks now and I love it. Well worth it for me.
    I concur

How come you can't find this stuff on Amazon or other sites?

Quote Originally Posted by iPaul View Post
    How come you can't find this stuff on Amazon or other sites?
    It was only released a month ago so it's probably too new to be found on the discounter sites.

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    It was only released a month ago so it's probably too new to be found on the discounter sites.
    How long does it usually take to see a perfume on other sites?