Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

Quote Originally Posted by iPaul View Post
    How come you can't find this stuff on Amazon or other sites?
    You can find it on other online sites, but not on online discounter sites yet. Give it at the earliest another 6 months to start appearing is my guess.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I was annoyed with the AHS smell of it in the beginning but now that the dry down hit. Wow, this is great. Cant wait for this to bloom. I hope the AHS vibe goes away a bit as this blooms however

Maybe I got a bad sample, but I get crap longevity. Not a bad smell, just doesn't last.

Basenotes Junkie

Longevity on me was amazing! And I have a dry skin that eats fragrances quickly.
    Applied one spray to my wrist - could smell it from an arm distance 8 hours later. Took a shower and it was still detectable

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    Longevity on me was amazing! And I have a dry skin that eats fragrances quickly.
    Applied one spray to my wrist - could smell it from an arm distance 8 hours later. Took a shower and it was still detectable
    man i sprayed at 9am and could still smell it the next morning. 3 sprays to the chest out of a new bottle.
    This thing lasts longer than post 2015 aventus batches

They have this listed in new arrivals at Fragrancenet. Is that even possible?
    Currently wearing: L'Insoumis by Lalique

1. Love the scent, buts it’s not Aventus as we know.
    2. DW (dear wife) complimented many times, more than any other frag I have
    3. Reuse of Aventus name is to save on marketing, trademark, etc. also popular name recognition.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    That's surprising.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I picked up a sample of this at my local luxury department store last week. Opens with an AMAZING mandarin/pineapple but only lasts a minute or two, which is a shame. It almost immediately goes into a VPH type scent and smells very designer-esque. It stays in this direction until about the 2 hour mark when I start smelling that famous Aventus musky/woody note. Oddly enough, this stage only lasts a hour before you start getting the AHS tonka dry-down that everyone talks about. I own Allure Homme Sport and love it. I only rotate between 5 fragrances these days so AHS is a love for me. IMHO, the Chanel smells better (smother and higher quality) than the Creed. If you are looking for this type of scent profile, I don't know why anyone would pay 5X the price for the Creed when you have AHS and VPH (here in Canada, the Chanel goes for $120 while Aventus Cologne is $594). I think if Creed would have stuck with their traditional approach of using only high quality, mostly "natural" ingredients (including Ambergris), this would smell like a high quality version of the previously mentioned designer fragrances, and I'd be all over it. A redundant release and an easy pass for me. Expected more from Creed.

UPDATE: Ok, the compliment factor is HUGE with this one. 3 unsolicited compliments on my first public wearing. Impressive.
    Last edited by Latency; 18th July 2019 at 03:37 PM.
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Either it isn’t doing so good or it has already been distributed through the grey market already, Fragrancenet is legit so score the deal and enjoy what you like!

I don't understand the reason of buying this when Allure Homme Sport and Versace PH still exist. Very similar, though with some Aventus vibe in the opening.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

the DNA of the original is there ok - especially in the opening, which is a delight

I find the cologne to be less 'masculine' and the edges are much softer than the original

I like it very much

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    the DNA of the original is there ok - especially in the opening, which is a delight

I find the cologne to be less 'masculine' and the edges are much softer than the original

I like it very much
    The more I wear it, the more I like it, and the less I find it to smell like the original - especially if you do a direct side by side comparison. Get fairly good longevity too. Feels like the critics/YouTube reviewers were too quick out the gates and wanting to be the first to bash it without giving it enough of a chance......

Quote Originally Posted by Profcool View Post
    The more I wear it, the more I like it, and the less I find it to smell like the original - especially if you do a direct side by side comparison. Get fairly good longevity too. Feels like the critics/YouTube reviewers were too quick out the gates and wanting to be the first to bash it without giving it enough of a chance......
    Well, it has the Aventus name so it's there to be shot at

The sniping has no effect on me -- I am going to buy a bottle