Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 70
  1. #1

    Default Aventus Cologne is great!

    I had a chance to sample it this morning around noon and I still smell it on me 7 hours later so longevity isnt an issue.
    As far as the scent its nice and fresh but doesnt smell too much like Aventus. The first minute I thought it was similar but that quickly went away. I did not notice the mint note at all but the scent is wonderful and great for warm weather.

    If you love Aventus you will definitely love Aventus Cologne. Got my bottle on preorder from the Creed Boutique in NYC for the 18th. Cant wait.

  2. #2
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Yes!!!! Can’t wait to try it. Another win from the kings.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Yes!!!! Can’t wait to try it. Another win from the kings.
    Honestly I was expecting a flanker to capitalize of the Aventus name but this is like a brother to Aventus. Those who hate Aventus will hate on this, those who love Aventus will love this.

  4. #4
    Basenotes Institution dougczar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    30,150

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Looking forward to giving this a try!
    Current Summer Favorites:

    1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

  5. #5
    Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Here I am.
    Posts
    11,098

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    I look forward to trying it.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Any idea on the prices yet?

  7. #7
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    282,549

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Looking forward to giving this a try!
    Likewise.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    You cannot post Aventus threads in the Male Forum: they ought to be posted in the Aventus Subforum!
    http://www.basenotes.net/forums/293-...entus-Subforum

  9. #9

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Any idea on the prices yet?
    $430 for the 100ml. There will be 2 sizes released on June 1. 50ml and 100ml

  10. #10
    Basenotes Plus

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    24,397
    Blog Entries
    39

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
    $430 for the 100ml. There will be 2 sizes released on June 1. 50ml and 100ml
    Yikes!
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

  11. #11

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Yup, precisely "yikes" ! I will wait for a decant for sure ...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Curious as to where you sample this, if it's not released?
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional

  13. #13

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
    doesnt smell too much like Aventus. The first minute I thought it was similar but that quickly went away.
    What does it smell like then?


    And why would Aventus fans surely like it if it doesn't smell like Aventus?

  14. #14
    Basenotes Institution
    sjg3839's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    42,198

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Thanks for the info.
    <div class="bnsotd"><b>Currently wearing:</b> <a href="ID26148387.html"><img src="http://www.basenotes.net/photos/products/33/26148387-7393.jpg"> Carven L'Eau Intense by Carven</a></div>

  15. #15
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sambuccashake View Post
    And why would Aventus fans surely like it if it doesn't smell like Aventus?
    Same vibe, I guess

  16. #16
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!


  17. #17

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sambuccashake View Post
    What does it smell like then?


    And why would Aventus fans surely like it if it doesn't smell like Aventus?
    this lol. makes no sense

  18. #18

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    Same vibe, I guess
    Sure I can get that. And I confess to being a Creed fanboy and will blind buy it. But still, the more we can learn, the better. ��

  19. #19
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!


  20. #20

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    Thanks for sharing!
    I was hoping to hear more about the scent itself to tell the truth.
    Since he had wore it since 8 in the morning, that would be an interesting indication of performance and development.
    Alas, we got nothing,

    But, I heard "More vetiver" and then that it was a bit more aquatic and "Fizzy".

  21. #21
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/the-h...s-cologne-nyc/

    Looks like creed is having some event may 15 for
    Those in nyc area.

    Not sure what this website is but they seem to be partnering w Creed

  22. #22
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    282,549

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Any idea on the prices yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
    $430 for the 100ml. There will be 2 sizes released on June 1. 50ml and 100ml
    Much cheaper ordering overseas for people in the US after VAT is deducted and meeting the free shipping threshold:

    Enssenza Nobile in Germany will be selling the 100ml for $240 (214,29 Euros) and the 50ml for $170 (151,26 Euros) at current exchange rates starting June 5th

    Prices below from their website are with VAT deducted for registered users outside the EU:




    Concentration: Eau de Parfum
    Family: Fresh , Fruity , Spicy
    Gender: Ladies , Gentlemen
    Perfumer: Olivier Creed
    Availability: This product will be available on Wednesday, 05. June 2019
    Description

    Creed - Aventus Cologne

    Experience Aventus with a refreshingly exciting twist. - Powerful. Iconic. Exuberant!


    THE FRAGRANCE
    With Aventus Cologne, Creed has succeeded in completing the legendary Aventus family - the masculine Aventus and the feminine Aventus for Her - with a grandiose eau de parfum, which combines the proud Aventus aura of strength, success and freedom and at the same time presents a very special character for women and men.

    AVENTUS COLOGNE is brighter, fresher and more uplifting than ever before. This is ensured by the nuanced stylistic elements of Olivier Creed's perfumer's palette, which lend the iconic spicy aromatic fragrance structure of Aventus a lively twist without losing its power and fascination. A fruity-fresh top note of mandarin and ginger invigorates directly in the opening with vibrating tanginess and subtle spiciness. The heart note captivates with the masterful fusion of patchouli, Indian sandalwood and vetiver from Haiti, which was intensified in Aventus Cologne. Musk, birch and tonka bean form the basis and complete the composition. What remains is a contemporary masterpiece of virtuoso perfume art. An expression of the highest standards of incomparable luxury and stylish individuality.


    INSPIRATION
    The creation of Aventus Cologne was about creating a new legend within the Aventus fragrance universe that captivates its wearer with the refreshing aura of an Eau de Cologne. Aventus thus experiences a twist that transfers the olfactory idea or the elements of a cologne to the cult classic without, however, renouncing the usual high and powerful concentration of eau de parfum. Aventus Cologne is already arousing great interest in the social media and will inspire not only loyal Creed lovers, but also all those who are rediscovering the royal class of perfume.


    THE FLACON
    The glass flacons from Creed have always been distinguished by their noble elegance in form and feel. Aventus Cologne presents itself in a grey, delicately grooved design, thus placing itself with a certain symbolism between the two Creed bestsellers Aventus that comes in black and Aventus for Her coming in white. Black - Grey - White. Together with Aventus Cologne, these three fragrances form a superior trio of perfume art!









    15808-2 50ml Eau de Parfum Term of delivery: 1-3 Days 151,26 EUR
    15808-3 100ml Eau de Parfum Term of delivery: 1-3 Days 214,29 EUR
    Item No. Description Delivery Time Price
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  23. #23
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Much cheaper ordering overseas for people in the US after VAT is deducted and meeting the free shipping threshold:

    Enssenza Nobile in Germany will be selling the 100ml for $240 (214,29 Euros) and the 50ml for $170 (151,26 Euros) at current exchange rates starting June 5th

    Prices below from their website are with VAT deducted for registered users outside the EU:




    Concentration: Eau de Parfum
    Family: Fresh , Fruity , Spicy
    Gender: Ladies , Gentlemen
    Perfumer: Olivier Creed
    Availability: This product will be available on Wednesday, 05. June 2019
    Description

    Creed - Aventus Cologne

    Experience Aventus with a refreshingly exciting twist. - Powerful. Iconic. Exuberant!


    THE FRAGRANCE
    With Aventus Cologne, Creed has succeeded in completing the legendary Aventus family - the masculine Aventus and the feminine Aventus for Her - with a grandiose eau de parfum, which combines the proud Aventus aura of strength, success and freedom and at the same time presents a very special character for women and men.

    AVENTUS COLOGNE is brighter, fresher and more uplifting than ever before. This is ensured by the nuanced stylistic elements of Olivier Creed's perfumer's palette, which lend the iconic spicy aromatic fragrance structure of Aventus a lively twist without losing its power and fascination. A fruity-fresh top note of mandarin and ginger invigorates directly in the opening with vibrating tanginess and subtle spiciness. The heart note captivates with the masterful fusion of patchouli, Indian sandalwood and vetiver from Haiti, which was intensified in Aventus Cologne. Musk, birch and tonka bean form the basis and complete the composition. What remains is a contemporary masterpiece of virtuoso perfume art. An expression of the highest standards of incomparable luxury and stylish individuality.


    INSPIRATION
    The creation of Aventus Cologne was about creating a new legend within the Aventus fragrance universe that captivates its wearer with the refreshing aura of an Eau de Cologne. Aventus thus experiences a twist that transfers the olfactory idea or the elements of a cologne to the cult classic without, however, renouncing the usual high and powerful concentration of eau de parfum. Aventus Cologne is already arousing great interest in the social media and will inspire not only loyal Creed lovers, but also all those who are rediscovering the royal class of perfume.


    THE FLACON
    The glass flacons from Creed have always been distinguished by their noble elegance in form and feel. Aventus Cologne presents itself in a grey, delicately grooved design, thus placing itself with a certain symbolism between the two Creed bestsellers Aventus that comes in black and Aventus for Her coming in white. Black - Grey - White. Together with Aventus Cologne, these three fragrances form a superior trio of perfume art!









    15808-2 50ml Eau de Parfum Term of delivery: 1-3 Days 151,26 EUR
    15808-3 100ml Eau de Parfum Term of delivery: 1-3 Days 214,29 EUR
    Item No. Description Delivery Time Price
    thanks!

  24. #24

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Steven/Redolessence had sniffed it and here is his review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT50C5Q_EaE

    Sounds like Aventus Cologne is a clone of Loewe Esencia EdP.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    Erwin wanted to show Jeremy a real cologne.

  26. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,766

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Based on that video it sounds like they've reused the base from Aventus For Her as that is an overdose of Ambrox and Sandalwood which has insane performance and induces almost no olfactory fatigue along with a sprinkle of Green Irish Tweeds fresh opening accord along with a few scoops of new fruit in the top to differentiate it so I'm not expecting anything revolutionarily different due to the recycling at play but it does sound like it will smell nice nonetheless as I like the parts they've reused anyway.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    Steven/Redolessence had sniffed it and here is his review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT50C5Q_EaE

    Sounds like Aventus Cologne is a clone of Loewe Esencia EdP.
    Redolessence has one of the worst noses in the YT frag world. Without a note list to read from he’s completely lost.
    Take what that guys says with a grain of salt.

    That said- the note list doesn’t do much for me but as with any new Creed, I’m looking forward to trying this.

  28. #28
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    282,549

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Just received from Creed Boutique:




    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  29. #29
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    yikes the free shipping threshold is 550 euros for Enssenza Nobile

  30. #30
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    282,549

    Default Re: Aventus Cologne is great!

    Quote Originally Posted by nevinyrral View Post
    yikes the free shipping threshold is 550 euros for Enssenza Nobile
    It's actually pretty much on par with other overseas retailers that are licensed to ship dangerous/hazardous goods with DHL Express. I always meet the free shipping threshold as I always have large orders of multiple items. Otherwise, perhaps not cost effective.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.




Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 17th July 2017, 07:22 PM
  2. Looking for a great Men's Cologne under $30, something unique.
    By Jfbgraphicdesign in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 21st April 2017, 11:33 AM
  3. Received Creed Aventus without LOT no. - but it smells great !?!
    By CHSeifert in forum Creed Aventus Subforum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 21st April 2013, 02:07 PM
  4. A cologne with great sillage?
    By GitRDone in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 21st March 2010, 02:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000