Code of Conduct

Default Need help with VINTAGE Giorgio Red for Men

Hi, as i haven't found help for my problem, i think would be good try to ask from here. Do anybody know how i can recognize a vintage version of Giorgio Beverly Hills Red for Men? Seems that newer/current and vintage bottles looks quite same, so really confused with this one as i don't know much about different versions of this fragrance yet. Want to try this but after reading few reviews i came to a conclusion that vintage one seems to be the only way to go, so would be nice to know that when i'm buying a bottle (if i happen to find some nice deal where the seller says he/she is selling a vintage bottle), i'm really buying a vintage one, not the current one

Thanks for the possible answers!
    Last edited by Rensy; 11th May 2019 at 04:43 PM.

Default Re: Need help with VINTAGE Giorgio Red for Men

Good thread, man. I'd like to know as well. Bought a new version a couple years ago and did not appreciate it. Thought it was to sweet and pungent. Never tried an older/vtg version, though, so had nothing to compare to.
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    Good thread, man. I'd like to know as well. Bought a new version a couple years ago and did not appreciate it. Thought it was to sweet and pungent. Never tried an older/vtg version, though, so had nothing to compare to.
    Ok, so you wasn't a fan of current one either... I almost bought the current one already, because seems that you can get it almost from everywhere for a little money. But then after wondering for a moment, i decided to save moneys at least for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rensy View Post
    Ok, so you wasn't a fan of current one either... I almost bought the current one already, because seems that you can get it almost from everywhere for a little money. But then after wondering for a moment, i decided to save moneys at least for a while.
    Sounds like a good plan. I found some photos of new & old 50ml Reds. New & old bottles look alike, and in general you can tell the difference between new & old EdT-sprays. The spray-tubes/stems in the old/vtg are much thicker.
    Vintage:

New:

Vintage box & bottle

You can ask the seller if the label on the bottom of the bottle says EA Fragrances - that's the reformulation that I think smells nothing like vintage. You can also see if a local store sells Preferred Stock, which is similar to the original Red (it's not as deep, complex, etc.). If you don't like PS at all then I'd guess you won't like vintage Red. I've got a vintage to sell/swap in case you can't find it anywhere else (and live in the US).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    You can ask the seller if the label on the bottom of the bottle says EA Fragrances - that's the reformulation that I think smells nothing like vintage. You can also see if a local store sells Preferred Stock, which is similar to the original Red (it's not as deep, complex, etc.). If you don't like PS at all then I'd guess you won't like vintage Red. I've got a vintage to sell/swap in case you can't find it anywhere else (and live in the US).
    Ok, that information would help much, thanks. In other case i would be maybe interested of buying yours bottle but when you live in the US, makes a things bit difficult (postage costs and so on... i do live in Europe), so i'm gonna check if i would find someone on ebay or other site selling a bottle from Europe with price i would be ready to pay.

Actually this one i found on ebay today where the seller is telling that she/he is selling a vintage bottle, but can't ensure myself that it's a vintage one really (while some sellers can usually lie/exaggerates the titles or doesn't speak the truth on ebay...). There's also a pic from the bottom of bottle, but no mention about "EA" i assume?

s-l1600.jpg
    s-l16001.jpg

Thanks to Marand75 for those other pics also!

Default Need help with VINTAGE Giorgio Red for Men

Quote Originally Posted by Rensy View Post
    Ok, that information would help much, thanks. In other case i would be maybe interested of buying yours bottle but when you live in the US, makes a things bit difficult (postage costs and so on... i do live in Europe), so i'm gonna check if i would find someone on ebay or other site selling a bottle from Europe with price i would be ready to pay.

Actually this one i found on ebay today where the seller is telling that she/he is selling a vintage bottle, but can't ensure myself that it's a vintage one really (while some sellers can usually lie/exaggerates the titles or doesn't speak the truth on ebay...). There's also a pic from the bottom of bottle, but no mention about "EA" i assume?

s-l1600.jpg
    s-l16001.jpg

Thanks to Marand75 for those other pics also!
    You're welcome.
    Yeah I saw that bottle too. That's definately an older bottle, still distributed by Giorgio Beverly Hills. From around 2000 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    You're welcome.
    Yeah I saw that bottle too. That's definately an older bottle, still distributed by Giorgio Beverly Hills. From around 2000 I think.
    I'm glad to hear that. I pulled the trigger and bought it. Price was quite good. Looking forward to get smell it