Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 96
  1. #1

    Default A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    OK, so I recently contacted Creed about a disappointing bottle of GIT I'd received. This is their response, it does have rather a cooy/paste feel to it.

    Thank you for your enquiry and your continued support of the brand. We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your recent bottle of Green Irish Tweed.

    As you’d be aware all Creed fragrances are made from the finest available ingredients, sourced and selected from producers around the world by the Creed family. In every case each perfume will be composed principally of natural oils. These will account for around 40% of the ingredients, in some cases more. Traditional methods of infusion and distillation are used to process them and much work is still done by hand.

    If you compare this method of formulation for the fragrance to that of the creation of a fine wine, in so far as these ingredients can vary very slightly in odour due to terrain, temperature, level of rain fall etc. from season to season like grapes do; and by the subsequent maturation of these oils during the maceration process, which continues once the fragrance is bottled, this can lead to the final sprays from an older bottle smelling slightly stronger than a brand new bottle which has not been macerating for as long.

    Also we do find that if you have been wearing Green Irish Tweed for a long time, it may be that you have become accustomed to the scent. Unfortunately therefore for most people, the more you enjoy a scent the less you can smell it, which can be very frustrating. This can sometimes be remedied by varying your chosen scents or by leaving Green Irish Tweed out of your rotation for a few days or weeks to allow you to rediscover the fragrance.

    Another element of wearing fragrance is that the scents do interact differently with our skin based on the amount of moisture in your skin, for example during winter when the temperature is lower and we are exposed to heating, our skin is drier and does not retain the fragrance in the way well moisturised skin does, and conversely if the weather is warm and your skin perspires the natural oils from your skin can remove the scent from your skin. Therefore our staff find that spraying the fragrance on your clothing as well as your skin will help to retain the scent for a longer duration.

    We can assure you that Olivier & Erwin Creed do check each formulation of their fragrances before they are bottled for quality control, and they would never distribute anything that was less than perfect, as it is their reputation and name which is represented with each bottle produced. Please also know that batch numbers are used for stock monitoring purposes and would never identify any products with less strength or different notes.

    From my experience with the company, I can certainly say that I personally haven't received any complaints regarding Green Irish Tweed fragrance.

    However if you believe your product to be faulty we would always recommend that it is returned to the stockist through which it was purchased along with proof of purchase, where one of the in-store Creed consultants will be able to test your fragrance against one of the in-store tester bottles and offer you a replacement or refund if the bottle is found to be faulty.

    If you need any further assistance with your enquiry, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us.

    Kind regards,
    Kristina
    Creed Fragrances Customer Service
    +44 (0)203 475 1572
    www.creedfragrances.co.uk | facebook.com/creedfragrancesuk | instagram.com/creedfragrances

  2. #2

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    haha

  3. #3
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    282,233

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    I am surprised at the lengthy response.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  4. #4

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    It reads like a government damage control response cooked up by some wily lawyers. Don't question us or we will beat you down with logic and tie you up with the details. lol
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

    My Top Summer Scents

    1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    2. Guerlain Homme l'Eau Boisee
    3. Guerlain Vetiver
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

  5. #5
    Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tic Tac Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.
    Posts
    14,332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    Quote Originally Posted by lordsummerisle View Post
    (Quoting Creed customer service As you’d be aware all Creed fragrances are made from the finest available ingredients, sourced and selected from producers around the world by the Creed family. In every case each perfume will be composed principally of natural oils. These will account for around 40% of the ingredients, in some cases more.​
    If they start with a lie, it's hard to believe - or even care about - any of the rest.

    40% naturals? Not even close.

    Here's a quote from an old thread about Aventus:

    Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    It was recently GC/MS'd by some folks over in DIY and it clocks in at about 25% naturals, which I'll assume are some of the citrus / leafy materials and the birch tar as they're inexpensive.
    That's what I hate about Creed. They lie. Constantly. About their history. About their ingredients. About their quality control. They constantly lie, and the question is WHY? The quality of their fragrances speaks for itself. They smell fantastic. Why undermine excellent perfumery with such awful business practices?

    I love Creed fragrances, but I'm not a fan of Creed, the house, because I can't respect them. Cheap caps that don't fit. Sprayers that leak and break down. Peeling labels. Batch inconsistencies. And lies, lies, lies.

    I'll say it again.

    I love Creed fragrances, but I'm not a fan of the house. I can't respect them.


    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I am surprised at the lengthy response.
    When a business has to apologize for the quality of their work often enough, they'll have cut and past responses ready. Like the one above, for example.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    CK One
    Fahrenheit
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Prada L'Homme
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Green Irish Tweed
    Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Pomelo Paradis
    Aqua Celestia
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

  6. #6

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    For all the ad copy nonsense Creed dishes out, this is not an unreasonable response from them. I have various batches of GIT and they all perform well though their note profiles differ. I once thought Aventus was weak until I realized I was inadvertently blasting folks with it.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  7. #7
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,110
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    Great response by creed. That’s why they’re the best.

  8. #8

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    It's actually a pretty good response. Tackles the complaint head on with at least some plausible logic that would not look out of place on the BN forums (olfactory fatigue, skin chemistry etc).

  9. #9
    Wearing Perfume Right Now
    Bavard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    6,368

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    I haven't worn Green Irish Tweed much, but I have experienced olfactory fatigue with Aventus.

  10. #10
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    6,354
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    "You betta like your bottle or we're sending Tony the Knife to have a talk wit' choos. Capeesh?"
    oh look, I have a signature

  11. #11
    Dependent schnozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    NY / DC
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    Well, the feculent content of the letter certainly meets the 40% + naturals standard.

    I love that huge slug of artisanal Dihydromyrcenol in GIT.

  12. #12

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    just return it to the retailer and get a new bottle or something else.

  13. #13

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    "We are Creed, masters of perfume, you complainer. Here's how perfume works, seeing as you seem to need help. By the way, nobody but you ever complained about our masterpieces that you seem unable to understand and use.

    If you really want to embarrass yourself further, please go back to the shop where one of our sales assistants will be happy to prove you wrong".

  14. #14

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Great response by creed. That’s why they’re the best.

    Quote Originally Posted by schnozz View Post
    I love that huge slug of artisanal Dihydromyrcenol in GIT.

  15. #15
    Basenotes Plus
    tspencer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,244

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    ...and by the subsequent maturation of these oils during the maceration process, which continues once the fragrance is bottled, this can lead to the final sprays from an older bottle smelling slightly stronger than a brand new bottle which has not been macerating for as long.
    That part of the response from Creed is verifiable by my personal experience with fragrances and even custom aftershaves that I paid many thousands of dollars out of my pocket to private artisans to have custom made for me.

    I find many of the snide criticisms in this thread to be without merit and it's really not a good look on this forum for members to state opinions like fact about Creed's perfume making process. I mean, come on guys, a few of you are talking like you've actually supervised the creation of a batch yourself when you cannot possibly know what you are talking about without actually having worked in their business.

    I don't mind fair criticism, but unfounded criticism without good evidence is sloppy. So, folks, please, let's clean it up a bit and give some things the benefit of the doubt. It's one thing to 'suspect' something based on your own personal observation...yet quite another if you actually have something honest, official, like internal documents, pictures of their lab and testimony from real employees.

    IMO, Creed gets a lot of negativity/trolling because they are great. Really great. But, IMO, it's not deserved. I'm thankful to have such great fragrances available, albeit expensive, but worth it to 'me'. I hope people roll back some of this over-the-top criticism and exist in a more realistic zone of mind.

  16. #16
    Basenotes Plus
    tspencer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,244

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    Quote Originally Posted by ION-ONE View Post
    It's actually a pretty good response. Tackles the complaint head on with at least some plausible logic that would not look out of place on the BN forums (olfactory fatigue, skin chemistry etc).
    I rationalize this response the same as you. I saw nothing worth being overtly critical about.

  17. #17
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    567

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    I think this explanation of batch variations due to natural components make sense. Why else would it be? Blending aroma chemicals according to a formula is not a big deal at all.
    Also regarding jokes in this thread about olfactory - this is what I experience with Aventus. Half an hour and I don't smell it anymore (should stop applying it close to my nose), but when I sprayed it on my buddy - I could smell it from a distance for quite a while. And my girl could smell it on me 10+ hours after I applied it

  18. #18
    Basenotes Junkie painted_klown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    506

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    I have never owned a bottle of any Creed fragrance, but admittedly, there are several that I am interested in. Aside from the cost, the fears of weak performance have kept me from diving in.

    Aventus, SMW, and GIT are at the top of my Creed “to try” list.

  19. #19
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    6,354
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    Quote Originally Posted by tspencer View Post
    That part of the response from Creed is verifiable by my personal experience with fragrances and even custom aftershaves that I paid many thousands of dollars out of my pocket to private artisans to have custom made for me.

    I find many of the snide criticisms in this thread to be without merit and it's really not a good look on this forum for members to state opinions like fact about Creed's perfume making process. I mean, come on guys, a few of you are talking like you've actually supervised the creation of a batch yourself when you cannot possibly know what you are talking about without actually having worked in their business.

    I don't mind fair criticism, but unfounded criticism without good evidence is sloppy. So, folks, please, let's clean it up a bit and give some things the benefit of the doubt. It's one thing to 'suspect' something based on your own personal observation...yet quite another if you actually have something honest, official, like internal documents, pictures of their lab and testimony from real employees.

    IMO, Creed gets a lot of negativity/trolling because they are great. Really great. But, IMO, it's not deserved. I'm thankful to have such great fragrances available, albeit expensive, but worth it to 'me'. I hope people roll back some of this over-the-top criticism and exist in a more realistic zone of mind.
    I told you they were gonna send Tony the Knife, and here he is with his knuckle duster ready to "talk"!

    (Just kidding man, you're know you're super cool and I like ya )

    You're right about the maceration thing and the final sprays of the bottle smelling stronger or with faded top/stronger base than when the bottle was new. I have designers that aren't even "natural" going back 10 to 15+ years with less than 50% of their juice left and they smell like they've aged like fine wine (luckily none have spoiled).

    My old bottle of Polo Blue smells way deeper and less sharp like the calone marine sledgehammer it was when I bought it, and now in 2019 is more like the mature fragrance the marketing said it was back in 2002. I almost wish they had an aeration machine for perfume so my next bottle won't take 17 years to smell like this one does.

    Now time is the ultimate arbiter and I can't guarantee a 15 year wait will make that bottle of GIT smell any better to OP than it does now, since taste is subjective, but I almost guarantee it will be stronger in the drydown if nothing else.
    oh look, I have a signature

  20. #20

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    I read the response once, and it sounded mostly reasonable until I hit this part, "We can assure you that Olivier & Erwin Creed do check each formulation of their fragrances before they are bottled for quality control, and they would never distribute anything that was less than perfect, as it is their reputation and name which is represented with each bottle produced. Please also know that batch numbers are used for stock monitoring purposes and would never identify any products with less strength or different notes.

    From my experience with the company, I can certainly say that I personally haven't received any complaints regarding Green Irish Tweed fragrance."


    Quote Originally Posted by tspencer View Post
    IMO, Creed gets a lot of negativity/trolling because they are great.
    By that rationale, a house like Amouage should be getting absolutely destroyed here.
    Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene should cost $275 for a 100 ml.
    Currently wearing: B9 by Bond No. 9

  21. #21
    Dependent
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,110
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    Another win for the good guys! Creed is king. Aventus Cologne coming soon and will deserve its own forum.

  22. #22
    Basenotes Institution dougczar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    30,147

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    Just grab yourself a bottle of Chez Bond.
    Current Summer Favorites:

    1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

  23. #23

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Krycek View Post
    I read the response once, and it sounded mostly reasonable until I hit this part, "We can assure you that Olivier & Erwin Creed do check each formulation of their fragrances before they are bottled for quality control, and they would never distribute anything that was less than perfect, as it is their reputation and name which is represented with each bottle produced. Please also know that batch numbers are used for stock monitoring purposes and would never identify any products with less strength or different notes.

    From my experience with the company, I can certainly say that I personally haven't received any complaints regarding Green Irish Tweed fragrance."




    By that rationale, a house like Amouage should be getting absolutely destroyed here.
    Yeah, it seems like a stock reply that they just pasted "Green Irish Tweed fragrance" into the appropriate parts.

    I wonder how GIT smelled when it was launched in the 80s. It must have been seriously glorious, as even recent bottles I've sampled smell fantastic.

  24. #24
    Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tic Tac Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.
    Posts
    14,332
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    Quote Originally Posted by tspencer View Post
    IMO, Creed gets a lot of negativity/trolling because they are great.
    No.

    They get a lot of negativity because they lie. Come on now. Their house does not date back to the time of the dinosaurs no matter how hard they try to preach it. They get a lot of negativity because their quality control is poor. It's inexcusably embarrassingly poor. And they get a lot of negativity because they inspire so much dumb dude bro culture. I'm not sure if that last one is their fault, but oof, it's bad. The gym rat Cologne Guy who wore 20 sprays of 1 Million for a workout will eventually discover Creed and that'll be his staple.

    Do their fragrances smell great? Absolutely. Royal Oud is one of my all time favorites by any house. But, unlike houses such as MFK, Amouage, Malle, Etc, Creed doesn't seem confident enough in their craft, so they lie. And that's a shame.

    If I ever got the chance to meet Francis Kurkdjian or Jean Claude Ellena or even Tom Ford, I'd expect to meet someone classy. If I met one of the Creeds, I'd expect a dude with a used car salesman attitude - or worse, a Pharma Bro. Actually, they're probably more like the Pharma Bro guy.

    Their fragrances are top notch. Absolutely. So why do they need to lie about everything? And they keep jacking up their prices, so why can't they spend the money to have quality control that's on par with bargain bin designers found at Ross? Come on now. Their caps are cheap plastic trash that rarely fit properly. Their sprayers don't last and often leak. Their labels often peel. All of that should be at MFK & Amouage level quality. Instead, they're worse quality than what you'd get from something by Calvin Klein or Kenneth Cole. And if they're not embarrassed by that, they certainly should be.

    I'm wearing Royal Oud today. It smells awesome. Better than awesome! ...but the frigging sprayer is about to fall off and the cheap plastic cap doesn't fit. At Creed prices, there's no excuse for that. None. It's sad that you can get more reliable sprayers by buying Creed decants here on basenotes than by buying actual bottles from Creed.

    Their scents are fantastic. Their house is a joke.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    CK One
    Fahrenheit
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Aqua Universalis
    Prada L'Homme
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Green Irish Tweed
    Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Pomelo Paradis
    Aqua Celestia
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

  25. #25
    The Devil in the Details
    Zealot Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Seattle/Bellevue
    Posts
    6,354
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    No.

    They get a lot of negativity because they lie. Come on now. Their house does not date back to the time of the dinosaurs no matter how hard they try to preach it. They get a lot of negativity because their quality control is poor. It's inexcusably embarrassingly poor. And they get a lot of negativity because they inspire so much dumb dude bro culture. I'm not sure if that last one is their fault, but oof, it's bad. The gym rat Cologne Guy who wore 20 sprays of 1 Million for a workout will eventually discover Creed and that'll be his staple.

    Do their fragrances smell great? Absolutely. Royal Oud is one of my all time favorites by any house. But, unlike houses such as MFK, Amouage, Malle, Etc, Creed doesn't seem confident enough in their craft, so they lie. And that's a shame.

    If I ever got the chance to meet Francis Kurkdjian or Jean Claude Ellena or even Tom Ford, I'd expect to meet someone classy. If I met one of the Creeds, I'd expect a dude with a used car salesman attitude - or worse, a Pharma Bro. Actually, they're probably more like the Pharma Bro guy.

    Their fragrances are top notch. Absolutely. So why do they need to lie about everything? And they keep jacking up their prices, so why can't they spend the money to have quality control that's on par with bargain bin designers found at Ross? Come on now. Their caps are cheap plastic trash that rarely fit properly. Their sprayers don't last and often leak. Their labels often peel. All of that should be at MFK & Amouage level quality. Instead, they're worse quality than what you'd get from something by Calvin Klein or Kenneth Cole. And if they're not embarrassed by that, they certainly should be.

    I'm wearing Royal Oud today. It smells awesome. Better than awesome! ...but the frigging sprayer is about to fall off and the cheap plastic cap doesn't fit. At Creed prices, there's no excuse for that. None. It's sad that you can get more reliable sprayers by buying Creed decants here on basenotes than by buying actual bottles from Creed.

    Their scents are fantastic. Their house is a joke.
    Yeah, despite me getting behind the maceration part of that letter, I do have to admit they sell the myth too thick for anyone with knowledge beyond a typical mall walker to take seriously. I love the scents I've tried (mostly), I go to great lengths trying to ignore both their banal history re-writes and snake oil claims of medieval perfumery methods, but when I see letters like this I feel like what they're trying to do is gaslight you and convince you that you're in the wrong for being unhappy, which is a typical abuse tactic FYI.

    Sorta shows you that they're not selling a product as much as they are selling a lifestyle around said product's usage, which is no different than haute couture brands either (if you ignore their mainstream perfume). The lying won't stop me from wearing the perfume, but it will stop me from endorsing any direct support of the house, and going the grey market or discounter route like I do with so many other luxury/prestige brands in this hobby.
    oh look, I have a signature

  26. #26
    Basenotes Plus
    Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    5,523

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    Read the Creed response. It’s essentially the same line of BS they teach SAs to say. ‘It smells different cause the sun happened to be closer to the earth when the cuckoo birds were pooping poppy seeds over the Himalayas. But it’s still perfection.’ No, my other bottle was perfection. This one is not. I also found it comical that one of the options is for you to take a break from the fragrance and then come back to it to rediscover it. Your nose is the problem, and not their formulation! Ha! Amazingly other brands can manage to keep their high oil concentration fragrance(s) smelling the same until reformulation. For that matter, I’ve dealt with essential oil companies for many years that manage to keep products smelling the same, batch after batch. Some of those brands have their own farms but some other ‘source the highest quality level’ of a given oil from their native regions of origin etc etc blah blah. It’s all a bunch of phooey. They may source the highest possible for a given max price, but the distributor they source from can change batch after batch (leading to differences in scent) and they certainly aren’t using a ‘price doesn’t matter’ approach when sourcing materials.

    I didn’t read the rest of the thread, so I apologize if I’m repeating anything. I’ll just stick with my professional medical analysis that the response is a bunch of phooey.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

  27. #27
    Basenotes Institution dougczar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    30,147

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    Like I always say - if you buy a fragrance because you thought someone else wore it... you are a fool and should be out that money. You should wear it if you like it. If you smell it, and then hear it was from distilled unicorn tears, and it then smells different to you... the you deserve to have stories told to you.

    Smell the darn scent and if you like it, buy it.

    However, I am a little surprised at the bottle/sprayer quality of many Creed scents however. But I would rather have a great scent in a mediocre bottle than a mediocre scent in a great bottle. And they sure do know how to make some great original scents.
    Current Summer Favorites:

    1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

  28. #28
    Newbie
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    14,416

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    I’m more interested to hear the Creed official response to questions pertaining to their shitty ill-fitting caps and labels. Perhaps these are also handmade by artisans so you shouldn’t expect a perfect fit? Labels are applied by Erwin Creed himself by hand using organic glue?

    Seriously I’m sick and tired of stock company responses no matter how reasonable they sound. I have much more respect for companies that own up to their shortcomings, be they real or perceived, and then set about to do something about them. Nobody expects perfection all the time but at least have the balls to own up and show your customers that their concerns do matter.

    /end of rant
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

  29. #29
    User of Toilet Water

    Bangkok Hound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    3,904

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    Quote Originally Posted by lordsummerisle View Post
    However if you believe your product to be faulty we would always recommend that it is returned to the stockist through which it was purchased along with proof of purchase, where one of the in-store Creed consultants will be able to test your fragrance against one of the in-store tester bottles and offer you a replacement or refund if the bottle is found to be faulty.
    The above paragraph is the most important part to me.

  30. #30
    Basenotes Junkie jkonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    636

    Default Re: A response from Creed re complaint about batch inconsistencies

    I guess that's better than the standard stock response, but still...

    I agree with others; they may make some great fragrances, but I can't respect the house and their practices. I have only bought Creed decants and will continue to do so. I don't mind paying a lot for a fragrance that smells as good as it costs. While I enjoy getting a bottle with a nice presentation, etc, 99.9% of it is about smelling the fragrance.

    If I'm paying 60% for fragrance, and 40% for nouveau riche cachet, count me out. I'm not rich. I'm not interested in appearing rich. But I do want to smell really damn good. That's all.

    Que scay-je?




Similar Threads

  1. Creed Aventus - last 120ml batch and first 100ml batch
    By gts in forum Creed Aventus Subforum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14th September 2018, 03:51 AM
  2. Daver's response to Jeremy's Response (for those keeping score)
    By Dandydude in forum Shameless Self Promotion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 4th September 2016, 02:23 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12th September 2015, 07:46 AM
  4. What can Creed do to fix the batch inconsistencies?
    By Nate3380 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 29th August 2014, 11:33 PM
  5. Creed Himalaya batch numbers/good batch.
    By Dawg15 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16th June 2012, 11:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000