Code of Conduct

Default So about Creed Neroli Suavage...

God damn that might be the best opening in menís perfumery.
    Sadly the fragrance didnít even last 30min on my skin but... damn that opening is something.
    (And I donít mean it in a fragrance newb way- the fragrance was literally gone with no trace in about 20min).

Any chance older bottles might have better performance?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Bķzios Brasil

Default Re: So about Creed Neroli Suavage...

Not familiar with the current release but my original bottle from the early 90s has very good performance.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Not familiar with the current release but my original bottle from the early 90s has very good performance.
    Ive always had a bottle in my collection since it was launched in Mid '90's, so Ive been through a fair few bottles. My latest is from last year and I have never had any performance issues. I get a good 6-8 hours.

I just ordered a sample.. let's see this best opening..
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional

User of Toilet Water

Incredibly beautiful smell, but nothing masculine about this one to me. My bottle is a 120ml before the new sprayers were introduced and while it doesn't disappear, it quickly becomes a true skin scent. Not suitable for a SOTD in my opinion.

I wear Neroli Sauvage frequently. It’s a perfect, light cologne, highly versatile, great for professional settings. Also goes well with t-shirt and jeans. Sure, it’s short-lived, but almost all citrus-based colognes are like that. Happily reapply if you want to smell it all day.

it has a wonderful citrus smell for 30 1 hour,after that i get musky skin scent for 5-8 hours.
    not cool at all

Freed from BN Institution

I recalled several years back when sampling it, I got a couple of hours. Not a huge fan or neroli though.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    Ive always had a bottle in my collection since it was launched in Mid '90's, so Ive been through a fair few bottles. My latest is from last year and I have never had any performance issues. I get a good 6-8 hours.
    How was the silage for you?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    How was the silage for you?
    From 3 sprays, I get about 3 ft for the first 3 hrs. After that it becomes close proximity - 1 ft. Ive had comments walking by people in mid afternoon many times. Im lucky as all Creeds seem to last all day on me.

Glad to say I wasted $12 on a decant of this, but I guess it's a small price to pay for what could have been a whole bottle. Not to say it's a bad fragrance, but I certainly don't have the same enthusiasm as the OP. Needless to say, it's just one more I can now check off my list.

It smells pretty good, but basically it's like every other niche or higher end neroli/orange blossom fragrance, with a light citrus background. The ambergris dry down, Creed's signature comes in quick on this one, and lasts for a few hours - and it's really the only thing that differentiates it from the next niche neroli, but the dry down is so faint, you might think it's gone. The top notes last about a whole 10 minutes, and although they are nice, certainly not the best top notes I've ever smelled.

I would recommend and alternative like Concentre d'Orange Verte, which smells very similar, but with much more orange, and much better performance.

I think Mugler Cologne could also be a suitable replacement for this.

Basenotes Institution

I have a bottle of this and a bottle of Mugler Cologne that I bought several months ago and haven’t used yet in the hopes for them to be worn in Summer. I look forward to giving both of these some major full wearings.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Bois de Mysore by Mizensir

Second best opening .. after Creed's Citrus Bigarrade
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Second best opening .. after Creed's Citrus Bigarrade
    Nice one! Very unfortunate that CB is no longer available. This was my first Creed purchase (along with Vetiver 1948) and one of my all time Creed favourites!

Blog Entries

Neroli Sauvage is my favorite citrus fragrance and settles into a very pleasant floral-woody drydown that lasts around 2-3 hours. That makes it perfect as a weekend breakfast cologne.
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    Nice one! Very unfortunate that CB is no longer available. This was my first Creed purchase (along with Vetiver 1948) and one of my all time Creed favourites!
    My favorite citrus opening from Creed comes from Scent of Oger. It reminds me of a traditional Eau de Cologne fragrance.

Can anyone authenticate this bottle for me please? I am confused by the 125ml/4fl oz. markings, can anyone explain? Apparently this is an older bottle?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

I find this very refreshing especially in hot weather.

This one's a heartbreaker. Lasts an hour on me, tops.

Basenotes Institution

Wearing mine today for the 1st time. Love it! I got several hours of smelling it very clearly on my skin before it faded into a skin scent. It's wonderful on a hot day like today (Summer Solstice!)
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Bois de Mysore by Mizensir

Basenotes Junkie

^that 120ml bottle will last you about two weeks if you use it everyday and want to get the most effectiveness from it everyday.
    Parfum de Marly Oajan

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Wearing mine today for the 1st time. Love it! I got several hours of smelling it very clearly on my skin before it faded into a skin scent. It's wonderful on a hot day like today (Summer Solstice!)
    It DOES smell soooo good when you first spray it on. It doesn't last long, but the initial fragrance I get is enough to keep me coming back to it.

I'm not a huge neroli fan, but this one is by far the best smelling one, to me.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by lukedow View Post

Can anyone authenticate this bottle for me please? I am confused by the 125ml/4fl oz. markings, can anyone explain? Apparently this is an older bottle?

Thanks
    I assume that bottle is fake since it should be 120 ml, not 125 ml for 4 ounces. Creed makes lots of mistakes, but I don't think that would be one of them.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by lukedow View Post

Thanks

I have never seen a Creed with sprayer marked 125 ml, this would denote 4.2 oz I think. I have however seen 125 ml very rare flacons of Creed, so it's not to say it's impossible, only very rare, I just have never seen it in the spray bottles. As for everything else, it looks authentic, in the style of the earlier 4 oz Creed bottles from 2005-2008 or so. My older GIT with a 2005 batch code had the same bottle, the atomizer had "Creed" stenciled into the sprayer on top. Pulling it off to reveal and all white mechanism looks accurate. The big white piece on the base of it should be almost like a foam-ish material, if I recall. A loose fitting cap, and sprayer that shoots like a fire hose are both good signs of an authentic Creed bottle from the 2005 era.

May I ask what the batch code is? If it's an older Creed, it should be on the lower back side of the bottle, close to the base.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I have never seen a Creed with sprayer marked 125 ml, this would denote 4.2 oz I think. I have however seen 125 ml very rare flacons of Creed, so it's not to say it's impossible, only very rare, I just have never seen it in the spray bottles. As for everything else, it looks authentic, in the style of the earlier 4 oz Creed bottles from 2005-2008 or so. My older GIT with a 2005 batch code had the same bottle, the atomizer had "Creed" stenciled into the sprayer on top. Pulling it off to reveal and all white mechanism looks accurate. The big white piece on the base of it should be almost like a foam-ish material, if I recall. A loose fitting cap, and sprayer that shoots like a fire hose are both good signs of an authentic Creed bottle from the 2005 era.

May I ask what the batch code is? If it's an older Creed, it should be on the lower back side of the bottle, close to the base.

I canít see the batch code, I think it may have rubbed off. But the spray is definitely like a fire hose though!

Very likely it's fake. Original bottles have the letters "CREED" on the bottle in clear, and then 125 ml is something unheard of for ordinary bottles, and besides, you have 4fl oz on the right which is 120ml(actually 118) ... 125ml is 4.2fl oz...

Rumour has it itís a 90ís bottle? Itís definitely real juice. Correct me if Iím wrong but surely there werenít any fakes of this that long ago?