Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: New: La Nuit de L'Homme Eau de Parfum (2019)

thank you FragFrog for those detailed impressions.

sounds rubbish with little cardamom to speak of, another great job from YSL
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Hold your judgement until you have tried it yourself. Every nose is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Another crappy flanker. Ah well!

Thanks for the impressions.
    I wouldn't go as far as calling it crap, but it's really not a fragrance, which wow'ed me.
    I like the original La Nuit EdT and the Frozen cologne much more.
    However compared to all the new designer fragrances in this realm, it's not that bad and I'm sure, there will be many people who like it a lot.
    But please don't tell the folks it's like the 2009 La Nuit EdT - that's certainly not true! The differences are very obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight99 View Post
    Hold your judgement until you have tried it yourself. Every nose is different.
    Yes, I would recommend to try it and make up an own opinion. Shouldn't be hard to find in the stores as the YSL fragrances are widely available.

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as calling it crap, but it's really not a fragrance, which wow'ed me.
    I wasn't that enamored with this concept from the jump as everything from the name to the notes to the bottle screamed "unimaginative cash grab" and your impressions just iced an already crappy cake. Rest assured I'll inhale it at some point when I see it in store but all I'm expecting from it is another in a long line of ho hum flankers that don't come anywhere near the original.

There's too many amazing scents out there to even bother with such dross and I've no issue in calling it how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    I wasn't that enamored with this concept from the jump as everything from the name to the notes to the bottle screamed "unimaginative cash grab" and your impressions just iced an already crappy cake. Rest assured I'll inhale it at some point when I see it in store but all I'm expecting from it is another in a long line of ho hum flankers that don't come anywhere near the original.

There's too many amazing scents out there to even bother with such dross and I've no issue in calling it how it is.
    I see where you're coming from and honestly I haven't expected that much - just gave that fragrance a chance and it seems, it's just not for me.
    You are right, that there are many better options out there and as I've said, I would rather wear the not so amazing Eau Electrique or even the current La Nuit EdT. Best option is a pre 2016 La Nuit EdT.

Basenotes Junkie

Thanks for review, FragFrog!

Basenotes Junkie

So I just went to the store to test this.
    And I don't like it.
    Opening has some sharp chemical note (aldehydes?!), this gives me headaches. In a minute or so cardamom kicks in. That chemical off-putting note fades away, but stays in the background. It is dark and heavy scent, however it sits close to my skin.
    It has little in common with La Nuit EdT that I sprayed on another hand, had to wash it off because of headache.

Thank you YSL, but NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    Thanks for review, FragFrog!
    Seconded.

FragFrog is a thorough, astute reviewer.

I'll give this one a sniff if it comes across my path, but it doesn't sound like the kind of thing I need to bother seeking out.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap Thread

The Brooks Otterlake Sale Thread

Current Favorites
    Aramis Havana, Aramis Tuscany, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Remy Latour Cigar, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    So I just went to the store to test this.
    And I don't like it.
    Opening has some sharp chemical note (aldehydes?!), this gives me headaches. In a minute or so cardamom kicks in. That chemical off-putting note fades away, but stays in the background. It is dark and heavy scent, however it sits close to my skin.
    It has little in common with La Nuit EdT that I sprayed on another hand, had to wash it off because of headache.

Thank you YSL, but NO!
    Damn shame. This reminds me of the Le parfum, I noticed a strong sharp chemical smell, from opening and would linger throughout.. I hated it, didn't smell anything like the warm, smooth, and seductive La Nuit EDT. Will pass on this, they should have kept the darkness, amped up the performance, and took out that chemical note on the EDP. (Of course I haven't smelled it myself yet).

Thank you guys for your positive feedback to my review and thanks @ Zizzy for sharing your thoughts - I can feel you. There is a slightly piercing note in the base which is probably used to prolong the life of the fragrance and which reminded me a bit of a molecule, which is also used in the ultra strong Valentino Uomo Intense. When La Nuit Parfum has settled down on paper, after many hours it began to smell a little bit like Lalique L'Insoumis (without any hints of Ambrox) which I found really weird.

I liked the older La Nuit Le Parfum version much better than the new Parfum.

Quote Originally Posted by DolceThaDon View Post
    I was actually surprised to hear the news of this new "Eau De Parfum" version of Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme being that the Le Parfum & L'Intense flankers already exist! As we all know there have been many different flankers for L'Homme & La Nuit de L'Homme but few have even come close to the original fragrances.. In the case of La Nuit de L'Homme I found Le Parfum enjoyable but not quite as good as the original fragrance.. I found L'Intense interesting yet I felt it strayed too far from what made the original fragrance so appealing.. I have yet to get my nose on Eau Electrique! As a big fan of the original fragrance I myself did not really appreciate La Nuit de L'Homme enough until it was too late & the reformulations took place! I would love to just see the original fragrance brought back to it's former glory! If this new EDP is similar enough to the original fragrance with maybe a stronger performance than what is currently available it could be great! I am not too big a fan of the bottle as it looks so similar to the L'Intense bottle but the juice is really what matters.. I have my hopes up but I wouldn't be surprised if this could be a disappointment.. Anyways I hope to get my nose on this as soon as possible, in the meantime I hope to hear some feedback from others who get to it first!
    Hello,

I sent a PM about your swap thread. I think your mailbox is full.

Cheers!

After first hearing about this new Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Eau De Parfum I was interested in revisiting my bottle of the original La Nuit de L'Homme unfortunately the weather really won't permit it.. Anyways I am sad to see the few reviews this new fragrance has received in this thread! Being that this new release looks like it is meant to be an "Eau De Parfum" version of the original La Nuit & being that the notes don't look all that different I was kind of hoping that it would end up being good! I'm not so sure why it is so hard for YSL to make a decent flanker of La Nuit that can compete with the original fragrance? Overtime the original La Nuit de L'Homme really grew on me & became one of my favorite fragrances, that is way before the somewhat recent online hype train it has received.. Well I hope to hear more about this new EDP & hope to eventually get my nose on it sometime soon! Ideally I would like it to be very similar to the original La Nuit with a stronger performance but I doubt that that is going to happen so I guess I will be satisfied if they can at least just pull off a better flanker with this then the other La Nuit flankers which in all honesty have been misses, not hits!

Quote Originally Posted by kelvon View Post
    Same I also emailed ysl directly asking when and if it will be released in the US and sent them the direct link, but never got a response.

I guess worst case can order online if possible but I am not a big fan of blind buying at all
    I just got back the following response from YSL

Thank you for contacting Yves Saint Laurent Beauté.

Our products are sold worldwide but the product line varies from country to country. This product is not released in the U.S at this time, If you would like information about products available in the United States, please visit our website link at the bottom of this page.

We appreciate your interest in Yves Saint Laurent Beauté

From the reviews from what people posted here not that big of a deal does not sound that great anyway

Dependent

On my test list.
    Currently wearing: Brut by Fabergé

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Have this now waiting for me at home when I return.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have this now waiting for me at home when I return.
    Where did you purchase it?

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks Otterlake View Post
    Seconded.

FragFrog is a thorough, astute reviewer.

I'll give this one a sniff if it comes across my path, but it doesn't sound like the kind of thing I need to bother seeking out.
    Same here. I have Le Parfum, and while I cherish the bottle as a memento of France, the fragrance itself is still second-place to the EDT to me - even the new EDT.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines

Tried this one in the store today. What can I say, I was not impressed. And that was before reading this thread. Nothing new or exciting. Didn’t see the point of this flanker, there are already too many.

I'm really surprised that Armaf/Rasasi etc.. didn't clone the original edition of La Nuit and put it out as the demand is obviously there at the right price (note "right price" which means those overpriced crappy clones at a couple of bucks per ml don't count) and it doesn't smell like it hand anything fancy in it.

Interestingly Zara produced a decent dupe that nailed a lot of the vibe but they forgot the most important part, d'oh! Such a strange omission as the rest of the scent was quite well put together and no one would complain at a tenner for 100ml but the cardamon accord in the original was something absolutely magical and what defined the scent.

Quite insane when you consider that this scent has had a rabid fan base for 10 years and the clonesharks often take a stab at anything that will bring in a few bucks yet they seem to stay away from this one and even YSL can't recapture their own magic...

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by The People's Champ View Post
    Where did you purchase it?
    Monaco
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Sounds interesting
    Currently wearing: Lost Cherry by Tom Ford

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by H_West View Post
    Tried this one in the store today. What can I say, I was not impressed. And that was before reading this thread. Nothing new or exciting. Didn’t see the point of this flanker, there are already too many.
    I felt the same way.

I have tried my bottle now, but this one is a bit tricky. I need more time with it. What I can say is that the opening is really harsh. It takes ten minutes before it settles down to something much more pleasant. I find leather and sandalwood to be really prominent. It does not smell anything like the original, but I do detect the La Nuit base in the back. I will write more in a few days when I had some more time with it, but it is not as bad as some people say.

I find leather and sandalwood to be really prominent.
    I got the leather, too, though it's not listed at the notes.

And I realized, that in the beginning with this fruity not-so-bright opening there's a strange kinda coconutty smell with it, which reminds me a little bit of Replica Jazz Club - however I like Jazz Club much more!

I have tried my bottle now, but this one is a bit tricky. I need more time with it. What I can say is that the opening is really harsh. It takes ten minutes before it settles down to something much more pleasant. I find leather and sandalwood to be really prominent. It does not smell anything like the original, but I do detect the La Nuit base in the back. I will write more in a few days when I had some more time with it, but it is not as bad as some people say.
    I am really sad to see more & more reviews of this fragrance coming out where people are saying that it smells nothing like the original! The note breakdown looked quite similar so I had my hopes up that it would stick closer to the original fragrance than some of it's other flankers but it looks like I might be let down.. Ugh!

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    I got the leather, too, though it's not listed at the notes.

And I realized, that in the beginning with this fruity not-so-bright opening there's a strange kinda coconutty smell with it, which reminds me a little bit of Replica Jazz Club - however I like Jazz Club much more!
    Been wanting to try Jazz Club, as it seems to be my genre. Haven't got around to it yet.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

If it's not getting released here for me to test, it isn't of my concern because I never online blind-buy these kinds of things.
    oh look, I have a signature

I am not a big fan of Replica Jazz Club. I would say that La Nuit de L'Homme EdP is considerable more wearable than Jazz Club, but that is my personal preference.

I find La Nuit de L'Homme EdP to be very similar to Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu. To my nose they are really close, but I haven’t seen anybody else make that connection yet.

I find La Nuit de L'Homme EdP to be very similar to Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu. To my nose they are really close, but I haven’t seen anybody else make that connection yet.
    I've written in my review, that La Nuit de L'Homme EdP has something in the base, which reminds me of Valentino Uomo Intense.
    So I could see where you're coming from.

Basenotes Junkie Danny Mitchell's Avatar

Is there also an Intense version of LaNuit or jjust the EDT and the EDP? Too many flankers, I can't remember. Whatever it was, I tried it today and I liked it. Not sure if I liked it more than the La Nuit EDT or not.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast