Code of Conduct

Default Searching By Various Notes - Any Recommendations?

Greetings,

Besides Fragrantica, is there any other source online where you can do a search by notes and I don't mean one or two - but you can select 5 or more notes and it will find all the fragrances that have most if not all the notes, if such a fragrance exists and if it's in the database.

Searching by VARIOUS notes seems to be something that every fragrance directory site should have, but for some reason at least to my knowledge isn't a feature on this site and others.

Thank for any recommendations.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Searching By Various Notes - Any Recommendations?

Unfortunately, I think that's the only one that does that
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Fair enough. Thought I would ask.

Do you know if it's something Basenotes wanted to do, but never got around to it. Considering Basenotes lists the notes of fragrances in the directory - in theory, it doesn't seem like it would be a hard thing to do to set up a search that would match up with the notes listed in the fragrance directory almost like a tag. But then again, I am not the one implementing that.

It can also be done here by a couple of different methods. Go to: http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancedirectory/ and hit the advanced tab.

Luckyscent does this but only with 24 notes and, obviously, only with its own stock. The Perfumed Courts selection is broader: http://theperfumedcourt.com/Categori...-by-Notes.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by schnozz View Post
    It can also be done here by a couple of different methods. Go to: http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancedirectory/ and hit the advanced tab.

Luckyscent does this but only with 24 notes and, obviously, only with its own stock. The Perfumed Courts selection is broader: http://theperfumedcourt.com/Categori...-by-Notes.aspx
    Thank you for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by schnozz View Post

Wow. Great tip! I had no idea that functionality was available here. Basenotes does let you do a lot, but it's buried.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    Wow. Great tip! I had no idea that functionality was available here. Basenotes does let you do a lot, but it's buried.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    I had the same thought - I had no idea. They should make a direct link/button to search by notes on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Man View Post
    I had the same thought - I had no idea.
    Nor did I. I guess that's because I almost never consult the directory, but great info.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Just wish you could limit this functionality to your personal collection/wardrobe when searching for specific notes or be able to sort the total results by most reviewed so that you can see what really popular scents are references for certain notes.

Freed from BN Institution

Fragrantica's the only that I'm aware of.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Like suggested, using the advanced tab and separating each note with a comma, you can search as many notes as you want. I think there is also an option to remove the notes you don't want in the fragrance, but I am not sure how to do that.
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional
    Currently wearing: Rochas Man by Rochas

In addition, if you are looking at a single fragrance in the directory that lists the note that you want, if you just click on the note all others with the same note will be generated.

Personally, I don't think there is much point

The modern perfumers 'pallette' is pretty small and revolves around 20-25 notes or accords [with a few choices of each] --- after that we are heading into bullshit territory

Nor did I. I guess that's because I almost never consult the directory, but great info.
    You need to spend more time here to get used to the site, easy mistake for a rookie to make
    Currently selling:

Perris Monte Carlo Rose de Taif (Extrait), Baruti – Berlin Im Winter, Mancera – Blue Aoud, Mancera – Sand Aoud - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/442795-Sale-Time

Quote Originally Posted by yarn View Post
    You need to spend more time here to get used to the site, easy mistake for a rookie to make

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Personally, I don't think there is much point

The modern perfumers 'pallette' is pretty small and revolves around 20-25 notes or accords [with a few choices of each] --- after that we are heading into bullshit territory
    I would say most people who want a note search function are probably not going to require any more than notes than the standard 50 to 100 or so notes that Fragratica provides to choose from in their directory. Most people probably search for colognes that have their favorite notes in them - they want similar colognes to what they already loves vs. finding some unique cologne.