Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 54 of 54
  1. #31
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    516

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I'm thinking of shearing the top off a 100ml bottle and just pouring the contents over me -- not sure how many sprays that will equal
    Not a bad idea.

  2. #32
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    516

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    Currently wearing 30 sprays of Guerlain Vetiver.

  3. #33
    Super Member jkonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    443

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    Currently wearing 30 sprays of Guerlain Vetiver.
    Impressive! How's that treating you? I tried about 25 sprays of Mugler Cologne the other night, and funny enough, I could barely smell anything. I think I broke my nose ooops. Wore 5 sprays of it the next day and it seemed much stronger. Go figure.

    Que scay-je?

  4. #34
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    516

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by jkonick View Post
    Impressive! How's that treating you? I tried about 25 sprays of Mugler Cologne the other night, and funny enough, I could barely smell anything. I think I broke my nose ooops. Wore 5 sprays of it the next day and it seemed much stronger. Go figure.
    I think it's the perfect amount!

  5. #35
    Dependent Francolino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    South of No North
    Posts
    7,079

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    totally digging 25 sprays of Cardinal!

  6. #36
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    516

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    Straight to Heaven by Kilian.
    About 20 sprays.

  7. #37
    Basenotes Junkie
    ScentMemory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    599

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    This kind of over-spraying is the reason some people decide they hate perfume. It's analogous to forcing people around you to eat 20 pieces of cake because you really love the taste and have an insatiable sweet tooth.

  8. #38
    Dependent Shemelimelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Big Apple Orchard
    Posts
    1,258

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    YAY!

    I say, “Let them eat cake!” 20 sprays of Guerlain L’HB edt on the double!!
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

  9. #39
    Basenotes Junkie Danny Mitchell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    713

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    I picture ya'll walking into a Sephora with one of these, setting it down on the counter, and say 'Fill 'er up'.


    165893.jpg

  10. #40
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    516

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by ScentMemory View Post
    This kind of over-spraying is the reason some people decide they hate perfume. It's analogous to forcing people around you to eat 20 pieces of cake because you really love the taste and have an insatiable sweet tooth.
    We wear perfumes for our own enjoyment.

  11. #41
    Super Member jkonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    443

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    We wear perfumes for our own enjoyment.
    I for one don't overspray in public. All of my posts here have been my SOTE once I've gotten home from work. It's kind of fun to have a public-facing subtle scent, and an over-spraying alter ego in private.

    Que scay-je?

  12. #42
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    516

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by jkonick View Post
    I for one don't overspray in public. All of my posts here have been my SOTE once I've gotten home from work. It's kind of fun to have a public-facing subtle scent, and an over-spraying alter ego in private.
    While I do spray what many on here would consider heavy, I seldom spray to the degree of this thread (20+) in public. If I am expecting to be in close quarters, never.

  13. #43

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    I'm talking 20+ sprays. What is the proper way to try this without failing miserably and stench-bombing a whole room?
    There isn't. At least if you will be near living creatures the coming 6-10 hours. I feel bad for those creatures...

  14. #44

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by ScentMemory View Post
    This kind of over-spraying is the reason some people decide they hate perfume. It's analogous to forcing people around you to eat 20 pieces of cake because you really love the taste and have an insatiable sweet tooth.
    Yeah. Doing this kind of thing in public is, honestly, rude and inconsiderate.

    In the privacy of your own home, though, do whatever you what.
    The Brooks Otterlake Swap List

    Current Favorites
    Aramis Havana, Aramis Tuscany, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Remy Latour Cigar, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

  15. #45
    Basenotes Member Trever1t's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    wearing about 15 sprays of Set Sail St. Barts. Well, plus the body spray for good measure. To be fair I'm lounging around today in Linen so appropriate.

  16. #46
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    516

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by Trever1t View Post
    wearing about 15 sprays of Set Sail St. Barts. Well, plus the body spray for good measure. To be fair I'm lounging around today in Linen so appropriate.
    Lounging around by yourself is the best time to overspray because you can fully enjoy a beautiful scent wafting around you without offending a lot of people.

  17. #47
    Super Member jkonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    443

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    Put on a shirt this morning that I forgot was victim to a Tuscan Leather spray-fest a few weeks ago. I think I gave it about 10-15 sprays maybe 2-3 weeks ago then put it back in the closet - as of this morning it had just about the perfect level of TL intensity for wearing to work lol. Brought a travel size Terre d'Hermes with me just in case but I don't think the TL is going anywhere anytime soon.

    Que scay-je?

  18. #48
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    516

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by jkonick View Post
    Put on a shirt this morning that I forgot was victim to a Tuscan Leather spray-fest a few weeks ago. I think I gave it about 10-15 sprays maybe 2-3 weeks ago then put it back in the closet - as of this morning it had just about the perfect level of TL intensity for wearing to work lol. Brought a travel size Terre d'Hermes with me just in case but I don't think the TL is going anywhere anytime soon.
    I've got to try that! You're not afraid that it'll ruin your clothes?

  19. #49
    Super Member jkonick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    443

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    I've got to try that! You're not afraid that it'll ruin your clothes?
    It was just a plain black t-shirt - not too worried. I have some nicer shirts I wouldn’t spray it on though.

    Que scay-je?

  20. #50
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    516

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by jkonick View Post
    It was just a plain black t-shirt - not too worried. I have some nicer shirts I wouldn’t spray it on though.
    Should buy a bulk pack of plain black t-shirts and designate one to each one of your fragrances.

  21. #51
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    South Boston
    Posts
    185

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    You must of lost the smell quickly?

  22. #52
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    516

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by richmilton View Post
    You must of lost the smell quickly?
    Whether it be olfactory fatigue or poor skin chemistry that doesn't hold scents well, we have discovered the solution: Overspraying. Welcome to the extreme oversprayers lounge.

  23. #53
    New Member Spirit Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    I had a friend who work 10-11 sprays of Chanel Chance. It was way too much and disturbed everyone. She couldn't smell it. Keep in mind that people sometimes won't compliment a fragrance if they feel that it is offensively loud. I would try spraying twice in one spot to see if it makes it project more. It may be my imagination, but it seems that when you spray like a cloud around you, it seems to project more than spraying close to the skin.

  24. #54
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    516

    Default Re: *Extreme* Over-Sprayers Lounge

    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Rose View Post
    I had a friend who work 10-11 sprays of Chanel Chance. It was way too much and disturbed everyone. She couldn't smell it. Keep in mind that people sometimes won't compliment a fragrance if they feel that it is offensively loud. I would try spraying twice in one spot to see if it makes it project more. It may be my imagination, but it seems that when you spray like a cloud around you, it seems to project more than spraying close to the skin.
    Interesting. I may try spraying further away to test this.




Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3084
    Last Post: 16th June 2019, 06:59 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 21st February 2017, 03:59 PM
  3. Creed sprayers output vs Decants sprayers
    By mtlfragrance514 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th April 2016, 03:30 PM
  4. basenotes lounge?
    By Emoe in forum Tech Questions, Bug, Feature Requests, Basenotes-related talk...
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 5th June 2015, 04:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000