Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: And the number of sprays is...

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 and done

4 7.84%
  • 2 - 4

27 52.94%
  • 5 - 7

12 23.53%
  • 8 - 10

5 9.80%
  • To infinity and beyond!

3 5.88%

Default How many sprays?

Just wondering how many sprays you lot apply of this fragrance and how long it lasts for you on average.

I generally spray it around 3 times and thats enough for me to get through the day whilst still being able to catch wafts of it here and there. I've found the best application spots are the back of the neck and abs although I read a post recently that mentioned spraying your arms due to the hair/heat/movement and that sounded like a really good idea.

Missing Oakmoss

Default Re: How many sprays?

One spray on each forearm allows me to catch gentle wafts of fragrance all day.

5-7 of Aventus, which is a bit lower than normal -- I leave the wrists free

3 sprays for me, behind each ear, one on the chest. I received a compliment today after 10 hours ...
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shemelimelle View Post
    Seriously though, I used to spray myself from head to toe with fragrances, I’d estimate 80+ sprays. It’s true. People would smell me halfway down the block or after the subway doors close with me inside the car riding I’m off, off, and away to another borough. Nowadays, I’ve cut back considerably as I’ve toned down the volume and am no longer making “appearances”. I also hardly wear makeup anymore because I find I don’t need it. I consider my fragrances more like mood fragrances than statement-making fragrances or scent assigned to an event / occasion. Over the years, I’ve grown comfortable in my own skin.
    You have my respect and admiration.

Basenotes Plus

Isn't this poll and question supposed to pertain only to the application of Aventus, given the subforum that it's in?

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Isn't this poll and question supposed to pertain only to the application of Aventus, given the subforum that it's in?
    Take my hand. I'll help you escape before they capture you.

Also, I 69 sprays of Uhhventus to let all the Seattle TechBros know who's alpha when I mark their parked Teslas on my patrol.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Explorer by Montblanc

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Take my hand. I'll help you escape before they capture you.
    You're so kind, Mr. Wolf. I thought Grandmother's cottage was down this path....

Also, I 69 sprays of Uhhventus to let all the Seattle TechBros know who's alpha when I mark their parked Teslas on my patrol.
    Lift your leg when you do it.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    You're so kind, Mr. Wolf. I thought Grandmother's cottage was down this path....

Lift your leg when you do it.
    Honey, when I lift my leg, traffic stops.
    Now let's get you back to vintage forums before the cloud of overspray gets you.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Explorer by Montblanc

2-4 tops unless you're trying to suffocate people. It's so easy to go anosmic to Aventus, but it lasts and projects almost too much for my tastes though I love the scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    5-7 of Aventus, which is a bit lower than normal -- I leave the wrists free
    How long does it take for the anosmia to kick in bud? I used to go heavier on the trigger but couldn't smell it after 90 minutes so I dialed it back as 3 is enough for me and everyone else around to enjoy it.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

3 Sprays for me
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    How long does it take for the anosmia to kick in bud? I used to go heavier on the trigger but couldn't smell it after 90 minutes so I dialed it back as 3 is enough for me and everyone else around to enjoy it.
    For me, the more I overdo it the easier it is to go anosmic. Otherwise, it varies. Sometimes within the 1-2 hour mark while still catching a few errant wafts. I often spray my hand before going to sleep to test out a frag. Aventus easily lasts throughout the night with few batch exceptions.

Whenever wearing this scent preferring a 3 spray minimum, although would have most likely voted going for any number of sprays between 4 and even 8
    Currently wearing: Bogart by Jacques Bogart

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    I was the first to review Aventus on Basenotes and I said then that because it is so lovely I will be wearing it sparingly, i.e. not on a regular basis. I believe this is the main reason for anosmia, the constant wearing of a favourite fragrance.

So, for me anyway, 5-7 sprays will last me all day and I can still smell in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    For me, the more I overdo it the easier it is to go anosmic. Otherwise, it varies. Sometimes within the 1-2 hour mark while still catching a few errant wafts. I often spray my hand before going to sleep to test out a frag. Aventus easily lasts throughout the night with few batch exceptions.
    One of the things I miss most from the vintage juice is the complexity as the new stuff is quite linear and this contributes to the anosmia whereas the older stuff had a lot more transitions and this helped keep your nose guessing. That said back then I wasn't wearing it every day and did tend to savor it more when I did so...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I was the first to review Aventus on Basenotes and I said then that because it is so lovely I will be wearing it sparingly, i.e. not on a regular basis. I believe this is the main reason for anosmia, the constant wearing of a favourite fragrance.

So, for me anyway, 5-7 sprays will last me all day and I can still smell in the evening.
    Yeah, you're on the money with that one as its a daily driver for me. When I do take some time off it and switch it up it smells absolutely phenomenal on its return as there is just so much to enjoy in the fragrance. I do wonder how Creed are going to top this when they release the true successor as the clone market is at saturation point now but the composition itself is still sheer perfection so we'll see.

Dependent

However many I feel like. Some days it's 3 and some days it's 14 or so. I'm pretty isolated in work so can go heavier on the sprays, though my colleagues don't complain if I'm in their company anyway.
    In fact, I had compliments on two days this week totalling 4 colleagues, despite going heavy on the old squirter.

Around 8 to be able to last more than 6 hours... such a bad performance

EDP: One to the jugular is fine for open shirt, a little higher if I'm collared up with a tie. Keeps me company all day. That's the beauty of this stuff. 50ml could last a year of daily use at that rate, and of course I don't wear it every day.

Anything more than that is a waste. You come across as having marinated yourself in it. It amazes me how people can wear fragrances for years and still not get that what the wearer smells isn't what others smell, particularly with respect to intensity and, well, radius.

Quote Originally Posted by ascotnot View Post
    EDP: One to the jugular is fine for open shirt, a little higher if I'm collared up with a tie. Keeps me company all day. That's the beauty of this stuff. 50ml could last a year of daily use at that rate, and of course I don't wear it every day.

Anything more than that is a waste. You come across as having marinated yourself in it. It amazes me how people can wear fragrances for years and still not get that what the wearer smells isn't what others smell, particularly with respect to intensity and, well, radius.
    I 100% agree! People bath in this stuff and announce their presence before they even come in the room. I love cologne but still get offended when people over-apply

People also still don’t understand that spraying too much causes you to go nose blind to your own scent. Thus all of the people spraying 8 sprays and complaining there is no longevity while everyone around them is getting suffocated. Every batch I have smelt of Aventus has been nuclear.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ascotnot View Post
    EDP: One to the jugular is fine for open shirt, a little higher if I'm collared up with a tie. Keeps me company all day.
    I recommend 10 times that amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    I recommend 10 times that amount.
    I’m sure everyone loves getting stuck in an elevator with you. Haha

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jal3223 View Post
    I’m sure everyone loves getting stuck in an elevator with you. Haha
    I've yet to receive a complaint!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    I've yet to receive a complaint!

No, I wouldn't think a stranger would approach another stranger to give a complaint. Especially in the crazy world we live in today. It still is pretty selfish to not respect others around you and just bomb out everyone because you can't smell the scent anymore due to going noseblind to it. I'm sure all the "cologne guys" out there don't think they are who they are, but they still get talked about behind their backs. I have avoided quite a few women at my job due to them over spraying. Yet I would never hurt their feelings by telling them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jal3223 View Post
    No, I wouldn't think a stranger would approach another stranger to give a complaint. Especially in the crazy world we live in today. It still is pretty selfish to not respect others around you and just bomb out everyone because you can't smell the scent anymore due to going noseblind to it. I'm sure all the "cologne guys" out there don't think they are who they are, but they still get talked about behind their backs. I have avoided quite a few women at my job due to them over spraying. Yet I would never hurt their feelings by telling them.
    When I am in a situation in which I care what others think of me, I wear less.