Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
o

Default Is Fierce Intense by A&F worth the money?

Never got into this juice back in the days, mainly because of how you could smell it everywhere when you were in town as they evidently did something like flying over the crops in plane in each store as it boomed throughout the entire shopping center, and have heard the current stuff is crap. The Intense seems well reviewed and apparently has excellent performance but the price is a bit of a piss take, there's no local store and I can't find any samples of it either.

Legend and the likes never appealed as I don't like the composition as they feel "greasy" in a way that the original didn't as it was quite crisp and clean. What say?

Default Re: Is Fierce Intense by A&F worth the money?

The original smells like an Axe/Lynx product -- really cheap

An intense version sounds horrific but I have never tried it

If you wait till they have their store-wide 40% off sale, you can get their cologne for a pretty affordable price. Those sales are a couple times a year. Christmas, for example.
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    The original smells like an Axe/Lynx product -- really cheap

An intense version sounds horrific but I have never tried it
    Don't know what it was but I really didn't dig the originals vibe back in its heyday as it was projecting so brutally but do fancy giving it a spin now. Darn these unicorns!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    If you wait till they have their store-wide 40% off sale, you can get their cologne for a pretty affordable price. Those sales are a couple times a year. Christmas, for example.
    Top man. Wasn't aware of that but will keep an eye out as that would make it almost worth a punt, thanks.

Anyone actually worn the scent and care to offer some input? Is it worth the RRP? How is the composition?

This is just guesstimation on my part, but I would wager, STRONGLY, that Axe used Fierce as inspiration for launching their loud, brash fragrance line. Prior to Axe, Fierce was just about all their was. Unless you count Bod body spray. I'm not sure how long those have been around.

I will admit that a lot of what put me off Fierce back then was its whole "Bro!" vibe and when you paired that with the officially sanctioned extreme overspraying it didn't really stand a chance but if it actually does smell like Axe the eughck!

I've been sampling a few from this house recently as they've got quite a large catalogue that I've studiously ignored so any other recommendations from their range would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Never got into this juice back in the days, mainly because of how you could smell it everywhere when you were in town as they evidently did something like flying over the crops in plane in each store as it boomed throughout the entire shopping center
    I personally wouldn't go anywhere near anything that smells like the original stuff. I experienced Fierce cropdusting at the mall and in high school a few too many times, and the scars haven't faded. The day I noticed the absence of the stagnant plume of the airborne toxic event in and around my local Abercrombie stores was a happy day.

Trying to be objective about the stuff, it's nose-searingly sharp, aggressive and synthetic. Soooo many better woody/spicy/fresh options that are light years easier on the nose.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    I personally wouldn't go anywhere near anything that smells like the original stuff. I experienced the Fierce cropdusting at the mall and in high school a few too many times, and the scars haven't faded. Trying to be objective about the stuff, it's nose-searingly sharp and synthetic.
    Yep.

It's pretty much the fragrance that the more skeptical and cynical folks predicted Office for Men would be.

I actually still have some of the original. Probably bought it when i was 16 (28 now). As a teenager it was a very mass appealing scent and around here if you asked any girl what they liked, they said Fierce, so thats what we bought. Although i dont think it really is that bad of scent, the overload of it i had in those years was too much and i couldnt tell you the last time i sprayed it. Think the last time i did i actually felt a little sick to my stomach. Maybe i will give it another go tonight, just to see if anything has changed.

How do you guys feels about something like PdM Percival? Basically a 'niche' take on the DNA.
    Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book, just turn the page.

"It smells really good, it's not Aventus though."
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

To answer the thread question - Not for me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle08 View Post
    How do you guys feels about something like PdM Percival? Basically a 'niche' take on the DNA.
    I wasnt a fan of it when i tried it, never equated it to fierce in my mind, although maybe that is why i wasnt much of a fan?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    cropdusting
    Haha! New subforum for the Oversprayers Lounge.

You think? Percival is round where Fierce was pointy and besides it has more PE remix sans metal vibe. Think Legend without the greasiness and better quality components. A nice scent but not worth the current prices it goes for for me.

All of this consensus on Fierce being a crap fragrance however is really making me rethink this one though as it appears my rose tinted glasses have slipped over my nostrils! Maybe Platinum Egoiste really is the best take on this style? Will have to inhale it when I'm out and about next as its been a while...

Palmolive,
    It wasn't around very long but I bought Ezra Fitch after my Fierce bottle emptied. Ezra Fitch is the best A&F has ever put out there. It's great stuff. Super rare and super expensive now. I'd recommend that if you ever can find a bottle at a reasonable price (yeah, right).

I never tried the intense but I tried regular Fierce and did not like it.It is just another over hyped, over rated and over priced fragrance in a whole ocean of them.Not to mention that terrible looking bottle it comes in.

I'll just add,if I were going to get an A+F fragrance I would go for Woods.

I had the regular Fierce when I was in college (mid 2000s) during its heyday. I still sniff it every once in a while for nostalgia. I think it's perfect for a college aged person just getting into fragrance, but not sure it's really worth the cost. If it was $15-20 I'd consider buying a bottle, but given the reformulations and my evolved tastes.... meh.
    "To 'give style' to one's character-- a great and rare art!" - Nietzsche

"I got my own style; you put my shoes on, you wouldn't last a mile" - Mac Dre

Out of curiosity, has anyone been in an A+F store recently and smelled this wafting through the air? Is that still a thing?
    Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book, just turn the page.

"It smells really good, it's not Aventus though."
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Out of curiosity, has anyone been in an A+F store recently and smelled this wafting through the air? Is that still a thing?
    It's not as bad as it use to be. They've reigned it in a bit.

Blog Entries

I used to hate the original too. I thought it smelled like plastic or something. Then it finally grew on me.

I briefly smelled Intense in the store back during its launch along with another one. Maybe I am getting one mixed up with the other, but they both bared a similarity to original Fierce, one smelled more like it had a First Instinct vibe, and the other smelled kind of dark and exotic, but the dry down was horrid. Both have always been pretty hard to get online since coming out, as have the even harder to find A&F line with the striped colored bottles. I have wanted to try the Green and Yellow ones, both have a mint note which look interesting.

I think A&F have a lot of sleeper's in their arsenal, but they come and go so fast, and by the time they are gone, people already charge ludicrous prices on Ebay, it's just not worth it.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler

Blog Entries

The last time I was at the A&F by me, was a couple years ago, and it still reeked of Fierce.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler

Good God, no! Save your money.

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Tic Tac Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dealt7faux View Post
    Good God, no! Save your money.
    THIS.

I don't know if they still do it, but there's a Scotch & Soda store in the mall near where I live, and holy crap, they must be flooding their ventilation system with whatever their store scent is (Is it still that god awful Barfly scent?). All you have to do is walk past the store and you get smacked in the face with a wave of fake wood chemicals. It's so bad.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    Tabac Rouge
    Petit Matin
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Green Irish Tweed
    Interlude Man
    Prada L'Homme
    Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Aqua Universalis
    Pomelo Paradis
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

Freed from BN Institution

I don't think the scent is worth it back then or now.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Bois Noir by Chanel

This is just guesstimation on my part, but I would wager, STRONGLY, that Axe used Fierce as inspiration for launching their loud, brash fragrance line. Prior to Axe, Fierce was just about all their was. Unless you count Bod body spray. I'm not sure how long those have been around.
    Remember the Bod Body Spray Commercials???

"I want your bod......"

Quote Originally Posted by tracerbullet View Post
    Remember the Bod Body Spray Commercials???

"I want your bod......"
    Now that I think about it, Bod preceded Axe.

Axe/lynx have been around since the early eighties..

Our A&F closed 4 years ago and that wing in the mall still reeks of Fierce.
    Fierce indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by skism View Post
    Axe/lynx have been around since the early eighties..
    Late 80s? I don't remember. It was just starting off but didn't start booming and mass marketing till the late 90s and every wore the crap.