Code of Conduct

Default Is this the first online occurrence of fake Ombre Leather bottles?

The lettering is real bad and I didn't see a batch code, but my question is if anyone has seen this before in a TF OL bottle? Thanks.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Is this the first online occurrence of fake Ombre Leather bottles?

There's no image, photo, or link to access, or is it determining just from your words?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    There's no image, photo, or link to access.
    That might have been helpful, right? LOL. Here you go:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tom-Ford-Bl...kAAOSw7Khckr81

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Isn't that perhaps a batch code above the bar code: A49 13141?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Looks real to me. The batch code is A48 as illustrated on the sticker below and it matches the print on the box. The blur on the label is mainly on the 2nd pic so that might be due to the camera and the box has the correct texture.

That said I wouldn't buy because a) its eBay b) its a low feedback account whose sold quite a few OLs recently c) the leaking liquid in the 2nd pic isn't that appealing d) the "opened with box, where they came from or why is unknown" description.

Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Isn't that perhaps a batch code above the bar code: A49 13141?
    Could be, I didn't strain my eyes after I saw that fuzzy/incorrect lettering. LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Looks real to me. The batch code is A48 as illustrated on the sticker below and it matches the print on the box. The blur on the label is mainly on the 2nd pic so that might be due to the camera and the box has the correct texture.

That said I wouldn't buy because a) its eBay b) its a low feedback account whose sold quite a few OLs recently c) the leaking liquid in the 2nd pic isn't that appealing d) "opened with box, where they came from or why is unknown" - really?

Pass.
    I've seen that fuzzy lettering on other fakes, and if you were to take a photo of a real one with the same distance, angle, etc., it would be clear and straight. The lettering on the box is different and superior to what's on the bottle! Also, the space inside the "A" is clearly too small and wrong. And then there is the price - you can even get it for less since it has a "best offer" feature! LOL. Compare to the lettering on this bottle;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173840501786?ul_noapp=true

In the description the seller says, "...where they came from or why is unknown." Cute! And there is clearly some sort of resin on the top of the bottle that suggests leakage.