Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    Default 500$ for Aventus Cologne!

    So in a newest Video on Youtube from a popular fragrence Reviewer i heard, that the Price for aventus cologne will be like 500$ for a 100ml bottle..

    im kinda disappointed to hear that, for me this is more like a ripoff and i wont support this...

    even the 290$ for the oriignal was more or less overpriced Imo, since the Performance was not that good for many guys out there (like me too)..

    if this is true, im done with the house of GREED...

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    293,188

    Default Re: 500$ for Aventus Cologne!

    Quote Originally Posted by wari23 View Post
    So in a newest Video on Youtube from a popular fragrence Reviewer i heard, that the Price for aventus cologne will be like 500$ for a 100ml bottle..

    im kinda disappointed to hear that, for me this is more like a ripoff and i wont support this...

    even the 290$ for the oriignal was more or less overpriced Imo, since the Performance was not that good for many guys out there (like me too)..

    if this is true, im done with the house of GREED...
    If you live outside the EU. 100ml can be gotten for more than 50% less: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/465...=1#post4624610
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  3. #3
    Basenotes Junkie

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    754

    Default Re: 500$ for Aventus Cologne!

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    If you live outside the EU. 100ml can be gotten for more than 50% less: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/465...=1#post4624610
    This is interesting to me - I signed up for their website this morning after seeing your recommendation. Shipping is insane (under the threshold), but even with the crazy shipping it works out to $300 for a 100ml, which is a lot lower than $499 + Tax here in the states.

  4. #4
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: 500$ for Aventus Cologne!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigserver1 View Post
    This is interesting to me - I signed up for their website this morning after seeing your recommendation. Shipping is insane (under the threshold), but even with the crazy shipping it works out to $300 for a 100ml, which is a lot lower than $499 + Tax here in the states.
    split an order with me

  5. #5
    Basenotes Junkie

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    754

    Default Re: 500$ for Aventus Cologne!

    Quote Originally Posted by nevinyrral View Post
    split an order with me
    I want to smell/sample this before buying, but if I like it, I could be down with that.

  6. #6
    Basenotes Junkie Erok32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    665

    Default Re: 500$ for Aventus Cologne!

    Lol since when was Aventus $290? It wasn’t even $290 at retail.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  7. #7

    Default Re: 500$ for Aventus Cologne!

    Clones in 3, 2, 1
    Currently wearing: Zidan Classic by Al Rehab

  8. #8
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    around
    Posts
    377

    Default Re: 500$ for Aventus Cologne!

    Creed: call me when you release the following flankers in all their I-don't-give-a-damn-what-IFRA-says-glory:
    Aventus 2010,
    Aventus 11Z01,
    Aventus 13ZZ01, and
    Aventus 15X01.

    I'd buy 100% accurate, freshly-produced re-releases of those.

    Until then, I'm done with whatever Creed's trying to do with Aventus these days.

  9. #9

    Default Re: 500$ for Aventus Cologne!

    That's standard Creed MSRP as far as I know. You get what you pay for

  10. #10

    Default Re: 500$ for Aventus Cologne!

    funny they are selling it for £215 direct in the UK.

  11. #11

    Default Re: 500$ for Aventus Cologne!

    Quote Originally Posted by mustardsalad View Post
    Creed: call me when you release the following flankers in all their I-don't-give-a-damn-what-IFRA-says-glory:
    Aventus 2010,
    Aventus 11Z01,
    Aventus 13ZZ01, and
    Aventus 15X01.

    I'd buy 100% accurate, freshly-produced re-releases of those.

    Until then, I'm done with whatever Creed's trying to do with Aventus these days.
    Word! I wonder what Creed's plan is with this fragrance. I understand the idea behind this cologne-type version (I mean Roja Dove did kind of a similar thing with Elysium) but if they had the balls they would have released something like Aventus Intense/Noir/Dark...

    There is still some hope for the 10-year anniversary.

  12. #12
    Super Member Kyle08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    494

    Default Re: 500$ for Aventus Cologne!

    Quote Originally Posted by Y4S_58 View Post
    Word! I wonder what Creed's plan is with this fragrance. I understand the idea behind this cologne-type version (I mean Roja Dove did kind of a similar thing with Elysium) but if they had the balls they would have released something like Aventus Intense/Noir/Dark...

    There is still some hope for the 10-year anniversary.
    Highly doubt they would release two flankers of Aventus in two consecutive years. They would lose a lot of credibility and look even more like money hogs than they already do.
    Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book, just turn the page.

    "It smells really good, it's not Aventus though."
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

  13. #13

    Default Re: 500$ for Aventus Cologne!

    I also highly doubt that. But then again, it's Creed. They should have skipped this cologne in the first place imo.

    What credibility you are talking about? The napoleonesque credibility?

  14. #14
    Basenotes Member ryogee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    91

    Default Re: 500$ for Aventus Cologne!

    just wait and see...& take a deep breath. *meanwhile save some to get decant sample
    Currently wearing: 33 by Chris Rusak

  15. #15
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    around
    Posts
    377

    Default Re: 500$ for Aventus Cologne!

    Quote Originally Posted by Y4S_58 View Post
    But then again, it's Creed. They should have skipped this cologne in the first place imo.
    Word.

  16. #16

    Default Re: 500$ for Aventus Cologne!

    The higher it goes the less people will wear it. They’re trying to bank on the past formulation
    Aventus Junkie by heart!

  17. #17
    Moderator
    rum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK / Île de chypre
    Posts
    13,124

    Default Re: 500$ for Aventus Cologne!

    Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    funny they are selling it for £215 direct in the UK.
    Well, yes £215 for 100ml and £155 for 50ml, so same retail price as Viking, but these are pre-sale prices on the site. No idea if these will be the actual prices. I wouldn't go further than testing this for the time being, let alone going for a full bottle.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

  18. #18
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    675

    Default Re: 500$ for Aventus Cologne!

    Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Well, yes £215 for 100ml and £155 for 50ml, so same retail price as Viking, but these are pre-sale prices on the site. No idea if these will be the actual prices. I wouldn't go further than testing this for the time being, let alone going for a full bottle.
    Viking is 185\265 GBP. 155\215 is the same price as for MI, VIW, OV, OS, etc




Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1434
    Last Post: Yesterday, 12:00 PM
  2. Aventus Cologne is great!
    By bigtyivier2k2 in forum Creed Aventus Subforum
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 6th September 2019, 10:23 AM
  3. Aventus Cologne..... woot....???
    By remik in forum Creed Aventus Subforum
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 29th June 2019, 12:07 PM
  4. Aventus Cologne?
    By d.bishkoff in forum Creed Aventus Subforum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10th May 2019, 11:10 PM
  5. Is this Aventus Cologne a real deal?
    By tracerbullet in forum Creed Aventus Subforum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 5th April 2019, 03:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000