Code of Conduct

Default Przemysławka - anyone else tried this Polish EdC?

Was introduced to it by my Polish barber and it's been a firm favourite of mine since. Citrus and herb barbershop. Interested to hear what others think as there's no entries for it here or Fragrantica, which is surprising as it's incredible! Certain others here would love it.

"It has a typical fragrance of traditional eau de cologne and succeses the original German "koelnisch wasser". First references to this type of cologne are dated at 1695 when the Italian emigrant living in Cologne produced a cologne which he named 47-11.

The light and fresh perfume of "Przemysławka" is perfect for early morning hours as well as for the all day at work.The pefume's head is "built" of citrus fruits that composed with the touch of herbs and lavender give an impression of freshness and cleanness. The whole composition is consolidated with the warm, balsamic benzoin notes. Available in glass bottles of 50 and 100 ml."

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Przemysławka - anyone else tried this Polish EdC?

Where might one find this?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I buy it on eBay direct from Poland.

Sounds interesting.Does it have any lasting power or is it just a weak cologne like 4711?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Battlestations View Post
    I buy it on eBay direct from Poland.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Has some decent longevity. Not much projection, but used on the face and you'll get delightful lemon hits for several hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlestations View Post
    Was introduced to it by my Polish barber and it's been a firm favourite of mine since. Citrus and herb barbershop. Interested to hear what others think as there's no entries for it here or Fragrantica, which is surprising as it's incredible! Certain others here would love it.

"It has a typical fragrance of traditional eau de cologne and succeses the original German "koelnisch wasser". First references to this type of cologne are dated at 1695 when the Italian emigrant living in Cologne produced a cologne which he named 47-11.

The light and fresh perfume of "Przemysławka" is perfect for early morning hours as well as for the all day at work.The pefume's head is "built" of citrus fruits that composed with the touch of herbs and lavender give an impression of freshness and cleanness. The whole composition is consolidated with the warm, balsamic benzoin notes. Available in glass bottles of 50 and 100 ml."

Completely (or perhaps not so much) off-topic remark, but definitely have to recommend another fragrance from the same country, available most likely with the same (or at least similar) Ebay retailers and within a similar price category, namely Makler.

Have tested this one a few times in Austria out of all places, rather than in Poland. Must admit to have liked it as yet another counterpart-but not 100% blind plagiarism- to other classic barbershop and/or budget brands from all over Europe and the fragrance manufacturing world in general.
    Including but not limited to Floid, Old Spice, Dana, Jovan (in fact was erroneously convinced for a long time it was a Jovan scent, due to its quite striking similarity to the notes, the time interval of its release and also the naming of Gambler), Bogart, Proraso, Muehlens/Mäurer & Wirtz, even the ultra affordable but still surprisingly good CHH Tobacco, to name only a few.

At any rate, thank you so much for the recommendation, will be glad to find and to test this one.

Interesting option but I’ll have trouble enunciating this one.
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

Don't see the need to do groceries in Poland while I can freely get to the top of perfumery in my home country!
    Currently wearing: L'Occitan by L'Occitane