Code of Conduct

Default Pittosporum accord

I already have an accord I like. It is very pleasant, but i don't know if I can add more naturalness. My accord is:

Cabreuva oe 25
    Benzyl acetate 9
    Ho wood oe 8
    Aldehyde C11 10% 7
    Tagetes oe 6
    Pine 6
    Aldehyde C9 4
    Indole 2
    Farnesol 1
    Benzaldehyde 1

Now i'm already wandering about some ocimene wich I need, but I don't know what else to add to get a rounder and more natural result, like violet leaf, neroli, tilia or arnica flower to get a greener shape, or ylang ylang III, jasmine base (my own), and just a little real jasmine to get a more white floral, if someone wants to recreate the scent and give me an opinion, it takes a little to mix up well.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Pittosporum accord

I don't know Pittosporum, but I see this:
    "Pittosporum is a genus of about 200 species of flowering plants in the family Pittosporaceae."
    So if there are 200 species, maybe your specificity level needs to improve, to better your chances of a good reply?

Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Yes, sorry, I used the Tobira one as a reference, since it is the most common in Italy, and in this period of the year u can find flowering plants EVERYWHERE.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by nickname già in uso View Post
    Yes, sorry, I used the Tobira one as a reference, since it is the most common in Italy, and in this period of the year u can find flowering plants EVERYWHERE.
    OK, I know that plant better by it's USA common name, Mock Orange.
    seems like you might need an orange blossom or neroli accord to help it out...
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittosporum_tobira
    I think a lot of methyl anthranilate...
    tgsc says that the oil is not for fragrance use, so you' ll not be able to find it anywhere...
    anyway p. tobira is very narcotic floral, a bit heavy, if you live near adriatic sea, now you can smell its beauty.
    it s very difficult to recreate it in a perfume, because it has a very 3d scent

I thought about methyl anthranilate, but it's not in its head space and it is really strong, I wouldnt like the whole thing to turn into neroli.

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    OK, I know that plant better by it's USA common name, Mock Orange.
    seems like you might need an orange blossom or neroli accord to help it out...
    Yeah, I was thinking of using just neroli oil, I will definitely give it a thry

Pittosporum accord is also used in Blonde b Versace. Fruity candy sweet, apple, green, jasminic floral.

hem, ok... I don't buy perfumes. Anyway I think the real problem is in the indole. Mine is stinky, the natural indole is much more rounder and beautifull. I think that a 5-7% of natural indole is exactly what I need. but I can't find a source of pure, natural indole.