Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default best bergamot scent

looking for a bergamot dominant fragrance , something that matches le labo's bergamote 22 and xerjoff's nio's quality but more budget friendly and with decent performance.

l own dua's clowns for those two and they are pretty good , also own bergamote soleil by atelier and love it.
    what is the ultimate bergamot?

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: best bergamot scent

One I enjoy is Bergamote by The Different Company
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    One I enjoy is Bergamote by The Different Company
    sounds good , just bought marcell by marie jeanne , smells amazing but horrible performance , has the most amazing bergamot opening though...

Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot is nice and cheaper than those, but is a bit different than Nio or Bergamote 22 because of the oud. it is quite nice though.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by avo1811 View Post
    Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot is nice and cheaper than those, but is a bit different than Nio or Bergamote 22 because of the oud. it is quite nice though.
    It's performance is terrible though. It's gone in minutes

Basenotes Plus

I mean... Sauvage? right?
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

Acqua di Parma Bergamotto is amazing but lasts all of about an hour.

The Zegna Italian Bergamot is a very good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    It's performance is terrible though. It's gone in minutes
    Wow really? I am one who normally gets bad performance on my skin and i feel like it lasts longer than that for me. Definitely not a big time performer though, compared to other options.

Basenotes Junkie

I dont know if Dior Homme Cologne fits the smell you are looking for, but it last a surprisingly long time for a super duper freshie of the citrus kind. If I spray it four times under my shirt it performs subtly for 8 hours plus and holds on to top notes for most of that time, and on open skin it can go 5 or 6 hours sometimes 7, it just hits the deep dry down faster.

TDC Bergamote is good, also Eau de Guerlain BUT bergamote is a 'top note' so neither lasts long. Atelier do citrus styled stuff with a bit more heft - worth checking out their line.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Jason125 View Post
    I dont know if Dior Homme Cologne fits the smell you are looking for, but it last a surprisingly long time for a super duper freshie of the citrus kind. If I spray it four times under my shirt it performs subtly for 8 hours plus and holds on to top notes for most of that time, and on open skin it can go 5 or 6 hours sometimes 7, it just hits the deep dry down faster.
    the guys on fragrantica say it has poor performance , and it has been compared to the smell of lemonade by some youtubers , I'm looking for something like bergamot 22 which is bergamot centric smells natural has good performance and affordable

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    TDC Bergamote is good, also Eau de Guerlain BUT bergamote is a 'top note' so neither lasts long. Atelier do citrus styled stuff with a bit more heft - worth checking out their line.
    what's tdc? , I own and love atelier's bergamote soleil , havn't sampled anything else from this house though..

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    I mean... Sauvage? right?
    wrong, too synthetic and metallic.
    I used to like it , but it became too popular and my taste got better , still like dior homme sport 2017 but I'm looking for something much better

Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    The Zegna Italian Bergamot is a very good one.
    I thought about bling buying acqua di bergamotto but I'm afraid of getting bad performance from it , I heard that zegna is comming up with an edp version of italian bergamot

Quote Originally Posted by avo1811 View Post
    I like my ouds mysterious and dark , I only buy oud based colognes from the likes of areej le dore , bortnikoff ensar etc...

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Xerjoff Nio. Delicious bergamot scent perhaps the best.
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Xerjoff Nio. Delicious bergamot scent perhaps the best.
    that's what I have written in the thread... looking for something like bergamot 22 or nio but more affordable , something below 200$

Quote Originally Posted by Robin oud View Post
    that's what I have written in the thread... looking for something like bergamot 22 or nio but more affordable , something below 200$
    Sorry I misread. But a decent cheapie by Pierre Bourdon is Ferre's Bergamotto Marino. A favorite of mine for years. I need to rediscover it again.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Sorry I misread. But a decent cheapie by Pierre Bourdon is Ferre's Bergamotto Marino. A favorite of mine for years. I need to rediscover it again.
    I thought it was discontinued

To be clear, the Zegna Italian Bergamot I referred to was launched in 2012 and is an EDP concentration. It is not to be confused with the Acqua di Bergamotto. I get impressive performance from it relative to many of the other bergamots I have tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin oud View Post
    I thought it was discontinued
    Sad if it is. A very good scent if it is still circulating on e-bay.

Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    To be clear, the Zegna Italian Bergamot I referred to was launched in 2012 and is an EDP concentration. It is not to be confused with the Acqua di Bergamotto. I get impressive performance from it relative to many of the other bergamots I have tried.
    I know they are not the same, I guess I got the wrong information regarding the concentration though...

Acqua di Bergamotto by Zegna is a good lower priced bergamot that I think performs really well and is less than half the cost of Zegna Italian Bergamot - as good as.
    Probably the best bergamot cologne ever made was by Edmond Roudnitska created in 1966 for Dior Eau Sauvage is a great lemony scent of bergamot and todays version is still very similar to the original - reasonable price.
    Top Bottles Summer '19: • eau de cologne imperiale • le labo bergamote 22 • zegna florentine iris • [/I] le labo another 13 • 19-69 purple hazeblack leather j-scent • artist phuong dang • hemes osmanthe yunnan • andree putman l'original tonic blanc kosmala • xerjoff nioapres l'amour kosmala no. 4 • 19-69 caprigentleman givenchy cologne • villa nelicote 19-69 •

Among others, happened to enjoy very much so far Bergamotto Marino by Gianfranco Ferre and Bergamot & Neroli by Woods of Windsor

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Acqua di Bergamotto by Zegna is a good lower priced bergamot that I think performs really well and is less than half the cost of Zegna Italian Bergamot - as good as.
    Probably the best bergamot cologne ever made was by Edmond Roudnitska created in 1966 for Dior Eau Sauvage is a great lemony scent of bergamot and todays version is still very similar to the original - reasonable price.
    I heard eau sauvage cologne is even better, maybe I'll pick up zegna acqua db ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Among others, happened to enjoy very much so far Bergamotto Marino by Gianfranco Ferre and Bergamot & Neroli by Woods of Windsor
    I think both are discontinued

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    This.
    Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Cartier L'Envol EDP, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

Going to try to sample nishane's ambra Calabria and colognise

Nice Bergamote essential parfums
    Currently wearing: 33 by Chris Rusak