Code of Conduct

Thread: Help Please...

Default Help Please...

Hello,
    I hope this finds all well. Have any of you folks tried Burberry's "Touch"? I'm looking for a lighter, refreshing and a somewhat citrusy cologne, and have read this in some of the product descriptions...
    Also, can you recommended some that are and reasonable in price?

Thanks so much,
    LeRoy L.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Help Please...

Quote Originally Posted by LWLee View Post
    I'm looking for a lighter, refreshing and a somewhat citrusy cologne
    Thanks so much,
    LeRoy L.
    L'Homme Cedrat by L'Occitane might work.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Once again:don't ask: go searching for yourself!
    Currently wearing: Jacomo for Men by Jacomo

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Hello,
    I hope this finds all well. Have any of you folks tried Burberry's "Touch"? I'm looking for a lighter, refreshing and a somewhat citrusy cologne, and have read this in some of the product descriptions...

Thanks so much,
    LeRoy L.
    Touch is more floral-musky. For something light, refreshing and citrusy, I'd suggest Guerlain Homme L'eau Boisee or Bvlgari pour Homme / Homme Extreme.
    a bottle a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

You might want to get your nose on Monsieur Balmain.
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

Basenotes Plus

Dior homme sport
    Lhomme ideal cologne
    Terre eau fraiche
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

Hello,

Thanks so much,
    LeRoy L.
    Herrera Aqua is the only thing I have come close to that is similar, it's a lighter aquatic version of Burberry Touch imho. Problem is, I think it fetches for really high prices now, since being discontinued. Funny, i wore Touch today this morning, going out for breakfast, and only did 3 sprays, and only on my clothing, not on skin, and it did wonderfully! It was about 90 degrees outside too, I thought it was gonna become too cloying but it didn't. Touch is one of the few fragrances that maintains its top notes super long if you spray on clothing.

Also, this could be a long shot though. Eau de Cartier EDT version has a similarity to me. It's the creamy violet note that makes them similar. Eau de Cartier also has a noticeable yuzu note, which kind of smells like a bitter orange, if you're not familiar with the note. It's very good for warmer climate. it's a unisex fragrance and not too expensive. Probably under $30. Be careful if you do buy it, you are looking for the one released in 2001 which is the original version, since there are about 27 versions of it, it can get confusing to some.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    Once again:don't ask: go searching for yourself!
    Rude.. Not everyone has the time, or knows where to begin, and just wants straight forward opinions. Forums give people the opportunity to have a conversation instead of just reading reviews. I have no problem answering specific questions like this, seeking advice and asking people who have experience. The threads I can't stand are the ones where people ask for to recommend them a fragrance, and give nothing for us to work with. Or the "recommend me a panty dropper" style posts. Ridiculous.

Since the OP is genuine and grateful, I feel honored to help him/her and hopefully give them some leads.
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Rude.. Not everyone has the time, or knows where to begin, and just wants straight forward opinions. Forums give people the opportunity to have a conversation instead of just reading reviews.
    We have a perfect place for them: the Start Out Forum! (just coughing up a few names helps no one!)
    Currently wearing: Jacomo for Men by Jacomo

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Hello,

Thanks so much,
    LeRoy L.
    If you like the violet note in Burberry Touch and want something similar but citrusy. I'd go for Creed Green Irish Tweed, but that one can be pricey. If you just want really good citrus choices that are modern and not gonna break the bank, I'd go for:

Dior Homme Cologne (2014)
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne (2006)
    L'Eau d"Issey Pour Homme Fraiche (2016)
    Versace Man Eau Fraiche (2006)

All of these will have respectable performance but light fresh sillage.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Aramis 900 by Aramis

Freed from BN Institution

One that comes to mind would be acqua di parma blu mediterraneo arancia di capri
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Dior Homme Cologne is light, citrusy, and refreshing. Very reasonably priced and easy to find.
    Currently wearing: Citrus Bigarrade by Creed

Also adding Cerruti 1881 and Lalique Homme EDP- essentially fresher, less musky sweet, reasonably priced and richer drydown takes on some of the notes included in Burberry Touch