Code of Conduct
    User of Toilet Water

Default Kouros Tonique flankers release dates

I just received a bottle of this:

and I'm trying to figure out the release date. There seems be a lot of confusion about the release dates of the Tonique flankers. According to Basenotes it was released in 2014, Fragrantica: 2010, Profumo & Raiders of the Lost Scent: 2013. I would think Raiders of the Lost Scent would be right, but if you look at the "How to recognize Yves Saint Laurent" page on Raiders ( http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...t-laurent.html ) it turns out this was released during the early L'Oreal era (B.R.I.) which was from 2008 to sometime in 2011. According to the batchcode on my bottle/box, it was made in 2009. There is also a bottle for sale on ebay with the same B.R.I. box as mine and a 2009 batchcode ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/163595453267 )

So, it looks like Basenotes, Profumo, and Raiders are wrong about the release date. I guess it could have been made in 2009 and then released in 2010 in which case Fragrantica would be right. To complicate matters, Basenotes lists only three Tonique flankers (I'm ignoring the 2007 Tonique Tattoo): 2009, 2013, and 2014. Fragrantica lists four: 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2014. Profumo lists five (!): 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013, and 2014. And Raiders four: 2008, 2010, 2013, and 2014.

So, does anyone know when this one was released? 2009 (when mine was made?) 2008 (but still made in 2009?) or maybe 2010 (but was being made in 2009?)

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Kouros Tonique flankers release dates

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hound View Post
    I just received a bottle of this:

and I'm trying to figure out the release date. There seems be a lot of confusion about the release dates of the Tonique flankers. According to Basenotes it was released in 2014, Fragrantica: 2010, Profumo & Raiders of the Lost Scent: 2013. I would think Raiders of the Lost Scent would be right, but if you look at the "How to recognize Yves Saint Laurent" page on Raiders ( http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...t-laurent.html ) it turns out this was released during the early L'Oreal era (B.R.I.) which was from 2008 to sometime in 2011. According to the batchcode on my bottle/box, it was made in 2009. There is also a bottle for sale on ebay with the same B.R.I. box as mine and a 2009 batchcode ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/163595453267 )

So, it looks like Basenotes, Profumo, and Raiders are wrong about the release date. I guess it could have been made in 2009 and then released in 2010 in which case Fragrantica would be right. To complicate matters, Basenotes lists only three Tonique flankers (I'm ignoring the 2007 Tonique Tattoo): 2009, 2013, and 2014. Fragrantica lists four: 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2014. Profumo lists five (!): 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013, and 2014. And Raiders four: 2008, 2010, 2013, and 2014.

So, does anyone know when this one was released? 2009 (when mine was made?) 2008 (but still made in 2009?) or maybe 2010 (but was being made in 2009?)
    Shoot an e-mail/contact us form to YSL, see what they say. Or call.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: Qatar by Roja Dove

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Perfume Intelligence shows 2009:

Kouros Energizing Tonique Yves Saint Laurent Beauté
    A masculine fragrance.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

User of Toilet Water

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Shoot an e-mail/contact us form to YSL, see what they say. Or call.
    I did and received an unsurprisingly unhelpful response.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Perfume Intelligence shows 2009:

Kouros Energizing Tonique Yves Saint Laurent Beauté
    A masculine fragrance.
    It only shows two Toniques when there were definitely more. At least 2009 sounds about right.

I'm going to declare this a 2009/2010 release until proven otherwise. Surprisingly, Kouros Tonique is still for sale on the YSL U.S. website. No box is shown, so I don't know which one.

User of Toilet Water

To confuse matters even more, the picture I posted above is not actually the one I have. Mine looks like this:

Very similar, but not the same. In real life, I'd say the juice of mine is actually grey, not blue though.

Hi. The bottle from the ebay link looks different to the box of your flanker. Your box has blue outlines around silver coloured stripes, whereas the box in the ebay link has no blue outlines.
    Currently wearing: Chrome by Azzaro

User of Toilet Water

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Hi. The bottle from the ebay link looks different to the box of your flanker. Your box has blue outlines around silver coloured stripes, whereas the box in the ebay link has no blue outlines.
    Actually the orginal pic I posted isn't like mine. Mine is like the one from ebay. Very confusing!