Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Guerlain Vetiver - ribbed/frosted bottles. Plastic under metal collar?

Hey everyone, I was surprised to see my 2003 bottle is actually a plastic mechanism around the neck. I was, I guess, expecting to see a crimped metal piece - but it's a cylindrical plastic underneath the metal collar that the cap snaps onto.

Anyone else notice this? Hopefully that's how it's supposed to be.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Guerlain Vetiver - ribbed/frosted bottles. Plastic under metal collar?

Where did you get it?

Default Re: Guerlain Vetiver - ribbed/frosted bottles. Plastic under metal collar?

Looked at my 125ml bottle and the collar on mine is metal. The spray head is metal with the familiar double G's stamped into it. The only plastic is the cap which is clear plastic with the gray band inset that says Guerlain on one side and Vetiver on the opposing side.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    Where did you get it?
    Individual seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Looked at my 125ml bottle and the collar on mine is metal. The spray head is metal with the familiar double G's stamped into it. The only plastic is the cap which is clear plastic with the gray band inset that says Guerlain on one side and Vetiver on the opposing side.
    Okay, this is what I'm talking about; plastic underneath the metal collar. It appears to 'freely' turn as well - not sure I've seen a mechanism like this before. Have a 2001 arriving tomorrow which I'll try to compare to, but I don't want to compromise the metal collar if it isn't already.

dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Basenotes Junkie

Interesting. I'm certainly no expert in this bottle. Let us know how it compares to your bottle that is coming tomorrow. How does the juice smell?

Probably just another way to cut corners - I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Basenotes Plus

Another thing I didn't really know is that the bottle is like.. not symmetrical in the side profile. It's like lopsided bricks or ice cubes or something, kinda cool! Seems kind of hard to find side profile pics of it also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    Interesting. I'm certainly no expert in this bottle. Let us know how it compares to your bottle that is coming tomorrow. How does the juice smell?
    Smells good to me! Smells like my latter 2015 or so Guerlain Vetiver, but perhaps with a darker/rootier vetiver.

Yeah I'll update with findings tomorrow or so after the other bottle arrives,

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Probably just another way to cut corners - I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    Perhaps. Surprising to see it on a bottle as old as 2003, figured they would've still been doing the ole metal crimping.
    All Hail King Kouros!

Looking admittedly more at the liquid and the containing glass bottle, rather than the plastic insert/additions, chances are good it is genuine (the numerous experiences had with this type of bottle release showed precisely this particular appearance of the bottle/juice).

Also the description of the actual scent seems to be consistent, identical even with the one of the frosted glass bottle formulations of this scents, therefore this could mean even further causes to worry and more reasons to enjoy it.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks everyone.

Received another ribbed bottle today. So at least 2 of my 3 have this plastic thing going on (no Guerlain engraving on the metal atomizer either, only my 2001 does). Seems to be how it is, and coincidentally both the metal collars loose on the 2 of the 3, haha. Kind of sucks, but maybe it was just a flaw with this type. One is a 4.2oz and the other a 2.5oz, years 2003 and 2005 or something like that.
    All Hail King Kouros!