Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Is Amouage Interlude a safe blind buy?

I've found 100ml of this online for a great price. I've only ever heard good things about this scent, is it a safe blind buy? I like to be able to wear all of my frags to the office so if it's too cloying I'll have to pass. Does it compare to anything in the TF range? or anything designer for that matter.

Thank you

Default Re: Is Amouage Interlude a safe blind buy?

Im gonna say no to safe blind buy. Its a beast of a scent, although i do love it. If i were to wear it to the office i think i would probably spray one spray out in front of me and walk through it, otherwise it would be too much.

No, if ever there was a scent that could be the poster-child for not blind buying then it's this one.
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

My Top Summer Scents

1. Eau de Rochas Homme
    2. Guerlain Homme l'Eau Boisee
    3. Guerlain Vetiver
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I echo the sentiments above - no.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I love Interlude, but no way is it a safe blind buy. It could really offend a lot of people in the office, and you might not even like it.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Yes.

You might not like it, but unlike a gazillion other perfumes on the market it is not vulgar, crude, low quality or insipid.

I have worn it to work (and I worked at a bank).

You need to do a bit of research - i.e. whether you'd like the notes and the general style of Amouages (not far removed from Memoir Man or Journey Man, if you've tried those).
    50 sprays a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Echoing the others here. It's a fantastic scent and very potent. I do occasionally wear it to the office with 2 sprays max. However, it's polarizing and you may dislike it. So I'd say don't risk it.
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami by Hermès

sorry -- I've just spat my mouthful of tea across the room

Thank you all

No.

But just to clarify, no no no no no no no nope.

But it's not a bad scent really (if you can get past the oregano that they decided to load it full of for some reason). Just NOT what would be termed a "safe" blind buy.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

No, not a safe blind buy and not necessarily office-safe (it's particularly headache-inducing when applied aggressively).

I'd recommend you sample it first.
    Swap Thread | Sale Thread

Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Cartier L'Envol EDP, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

A word of caution: if you do buy, be sure it is authentic. There are a ton of fake Amouage (and Acqua di Gios, Chanels, Tom Ford Private Blends, .....) to be found online (especially on eBay).
    50 sprays a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Yes.

You might not like it, but unlike a gazillion other perfumes on the market it is not vulgar, crude, low quality or insipid.
    Maybe not, but if you didn't like it you'd still be stuck with relatively pricey juice you didn't enjoy wearing.

Current Favorites
    Aramis Tuscany per Uomo, Cartier L'Envol EDP, Dior Eau Sauvage EDT, Guerlain Héritage EDT, Guerlain L'Instant Pour Homme EDT, Lalique Pour Homme Lion EDP, Michael Kors Michael for Men (Vtg), Odori Tabacco, Tom Ford Noir Anthracite, Tom Ford Ombré Leather

no, if you like the smell of spoiled rice pudding, yes.
    1976 - Yatagan Caron
    1977 - Snuff by Schiaparelli
    1981 - Kouros YSL
    1988 - Fahrenheit Dior
    1980 - Patou Pour Homme
    1987 - Lapidus Pour Homme
    1981 - Quorum Antonio Puig
    1985 - Derby de Guerlain
    2014 - Dior Homme Parfum
    1987 - Ho Hang Club Balenciaga

Basenotes Plus

I bought my first interlude man bottle blind.

Did not regret. Was pleased in fact.

I'll add this: it is a scent worth sampling just because it's distinctive and everyone seems to come away from it with a different impression.

I struggle with certain kinds of incense-y fragrances, and this one is not one of my favorite things (though I don't recoil from it in the way that I do from Jubilation XXV). But it is very unique.

Current Favorites

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Yes.

I struggle with understanding how it could possibly be a safe blind buy if he might not like it.

Do yourself a favor and go to Saks.com and purchase the Amouage Men's discovery set. It includes a 2ml of Interlude along with six others, (Lyric, Epic, Jubilation, Reflection, Bracken, Beach Hut) for $35. You'll probably get three to four wearings of each which is the better part of a month's worth. There may something there you like better, but it's not bad considering it's a fraction of buying a full bottle and then realizing you may not like it.
    Find out Wassup! In Las Vegas here --> https://www.wassupinlasvegas.com The Bark Bites Back on film here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com
    Currently wearing: Bracken Man by Amouage

Basenotes Plus

Just wore it the other day. If you dont think incense stinks, id say there is a good chance youll like this smell. That being said, dear mama, this beast needs to be tried before investing. If it is a good enough deal you could always flip it if you dont like it. It is mega present, maybe not neccesarily cloying as its not really sweet, but choking on the scent either way.
    It’s tragic to think that heroic man’s great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    Just wore it the other day. If you dont think incense stinks, id say there is a good chance youll like this smell. That being said, dear mama, this beast needs to be tried before investing. If it is a good enough deal you could always flip it if you dont like it. It is mega present, maybe not neccesarily cloying as its not really sweet, but choking on the scent either way.
    See, what I think could really turn people off is the oregano.

I don't see how people can be bothered with buying things and them flipping them later if they don't like them. Seems like way too much trouble.

I think I may have confused this perfume with another offering from Amouage (Reflection I believe). I don't know much about this house at all, but thank you all for your posts!

I think you should sample it before buying, especially if you might be confusing Interlude with another from Amouage. Interlude is a powerhouse that can be overdone with liberal spraying. I happen to love it, but I usually avoid wearing it in the summer months.

Quote Originally Posted by A10 View Post
    I think I may have confused this perfume with another offering from Amouage (Reflection I believe). I don't know much about this house at all, but thank you all for your posts!
    Reflection Man is a much safer blind buy, but I would try Mont Blanc Individuel before going for Reflection. They're pretty close, and Individuel can be had for, like, $20, so I don't think the Amouage is really worth buying.

My favorite fragrance, but a blind buy is always risky. On the other hand, I don't find Interlude challenging to wear unlike many others.

Reflection is much safer than Interlude, but i think its kind of a love it or hate it scent. I would probably still try before you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by avo1811 View Post
    Im gonna say no to safe blind buy. Its a beast of a scent, although i do love it. If i were to wear it to the office i think i would probably spray one spray out in front of me and walk through it, otherwise it would be too much.
    Really?

Please take a look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrV-v1CtCpY

No, could be one of the worst blind buys.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by A10 View Post
    I've found 100ml of this online for a great price. I've only ever heard good things about this scent, is it a safe blind buy? I like to be able to wear all of my frags to the office so if it's too cloying I'll have to pass. Does it compare to anything in the TF range? or anything designer for that matter.

Thank you

lol. No, not a safe blind buy. But an amazing frag. I wear it to work, but it's literally a 1 or 2 spray type frag for work.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

No!

It's hard to advise what is a safe blind-buy because it also depends on YOU. If you like risky, extreme, loud, complex, challenging scents and like to be shocked/challenged/surprised - yes it could be a safe blind-buy.

Otherwise it's a no. And more responsibly - I should just say NO.

And no, no and no.
    Currently wearing: Fate Man by Amouage