Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member

Default Vintage Milliseme Imperial

Does this vintage millisime imperial have better performance than the newer ones? Newer ones become a skin scent so fast

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Vintage Milliseme Imperial

Quote Originally Posted by nevinyrral View Post
    Does this vintage millisime imperial have better performance than the newer ones? Newer ones become a skin scent so fast
    I can't speak to the newer ones, but I have the original release in the gold bottle when it was first released and performance for me is very good.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I can't speak to the newer ones, but I have the original release in the gold bottle when it was first released and performance for me is very good.
    :O decant pls

There was a recent thread about this very thing, and MANY did say that the strength of the MI offered over the last few years has been noticeably inferior to what it was in earlier years. I have an older bottle and it's great, but since I haven't smelled any newer MI, I can't really offer an opinion.

But the overwhelming opinion of those that have smelled newer batches over the last few years is that performance has gone down, seemingly without question, and that the problem is not solved by giving it a little extra time to blossom in the bottle (which is the case with some Creeds).

So it might be in your best interest to seek out an older bottle.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    There was a recent thread about this very thing, and MANY did say that the strength of the MI offered over the last few years has been noticeably inferior to what it was in earlier years. I have an older bottle and it's great, but since I haven't smelled any newer MI, I can't really offer an opinion.

But the overwhelming opinion of those that have smelled newer batches over the last few years is that performance has gone down, seemingly without question, and that the problem is not solved by giving it a little extra time to blossom in the bottle (which is the case with some Creeds).

So it might be in your best interest to seek out an older bottle.
    what year is yours?
    yea im trying to find a pre 2012 one for a reasonable price

Basenotes Plus

:O decant pls
    that ain't happening.

what year is yours?
    yea im trying to find a pre 2012 one for a reasonable price
    Ask on the Facebook groups, might have a decent shot at one or more being offered actually. Just be reasonable with your expectations, and you'll probably have to deal with a partial/used bottle - but you seem to be alright with decants, so that's probably fine.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!