Code of Conduct

Default Unscented antiperspirant/deodorant (UK)

Hi,

What does everyone use as their unscented antiperspirant/deodorant? I currently use Dove Extra Fresh spray however I stink of it, it literally lingers around for the whole day as I sweat a lot (smell sometimes).

Iíve heard Mitchum Unscented is good however for the life of me I canít seem to find where to buy them (UK). Has anyone used Driclor? Or another Dove range?

All help regarding smelling would be appreciated. Since starting my new job I swear extremely which results in smell. Iíve tried Triple Dry however it isnít that good on me.

Thanks

Default Re: Unscented antiperspirant/deodorant (UK)

Edit: Has anyone used the female version of Mitchum Triple Defence Unscented?

Mitchum Unscented was available in Boots, Superdrug and other stores such as Wilkinsons. They are normally in the female / general deo isles, not in the mens section.

Quote Originally Posted by ripjean View Post
    Mitchum Unscented was available in Boots, Superdrug and other stores such as Wilkinsons. They are normally in the female / general deo isles, not in the mens section.
    I’ve found loads however all of them are advertised as female. Have you used the product at all?

Thanks

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

I use this and it's amazing -

It works way better the one marketed to men (gave me white flakes) which I threw away. Ignore the marketing label!

I have gone through this for aerosols, I have a Mitchum Triple Odor Intense for Women Unscented here right now. I just sprayed it into the air to remind myself why I don't wear it. It is not unscented at all, plus what is there smells feminine. I settled on Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort, which whilst it does smell, it soon backs off and is not that unnoticeable and at least what is there only smells like fresh clothes really. ...haven't founded an unscented one yet, but if anyone has I'd be interested to know. The trick is probably to go with stick ones.

I will try the gel one posted in the image.

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post

It works way better the one marketed to men (gave me white flakes) which I threw away. Ignore the marketing label!
    Is it actually odourless? Many of these products claim to be odourless but give away some smell. I just want to stop smelling of sweat so I can use my colognes without it turning into a grim sweat smelling odour.

Thanks

Forever Living: Aloe Ever-shield

Quote Originally Posted by Shemelimelle View Post
    Gels don’t work for me, and it’s because they contain water. I hate how sticky they feel, but that could be due to over-application, so as a result, I stopped buying gels. I always use Mitchum unscented invisible stick, marketed to men, and I’m happy with the performance. I get no residue on my skin or clothing. I have never seen or heard of Mitchum Triple Defense unscented here in the U.S. I can’t stand stinky armpits, and other bodily stank.
    Unfortunately the one marketed at men isn’t available in the UK. I can’t even seem to find any online websites to buy it from.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemelimelle View Post
    That’s odd, but then, I’ve never understood spotty distribution. Mitchum is what I use, and it’s the only drugstore product I can highly recommend without delving into the “prescription strength” category, which is something you might want to look into.
    Yeah I’m thinking to try the Certain Dri Prescription Strength Clinical Antiperspirant.

Basenotes Member

This https://www.pharmacyfirst.co.uk/inde...eb6fdb4d79119a

Very strong stuff so follow the instruction.

I apply once a week only (normal deodorant other days). Ensure you only use at night before bed and use a hair drier to dry under your arms BEFORE & after application. If you are not dry before application it will cause irritation.
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

From the mainstream ones the "Simple" and "sanex" brand are in that eco health friendly field and have some unscented deodorants.

There also likely lots of new players offering organic, no smells no nasties deodorants.

Have you tried some of the 'diy' methods, I seem to remember bicarb being one? Earth clinic website
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Thanks for all the replies guys. I’m really looking for a way to reduce/eliminate odour so I’m not sure if a clinical antiperspirant is going to be of use? Whenever I use antiperspirant that’s also a deodorant the smell becomes unbearable, I smell as if I’ve just sprayed the product that second for the whole day.

I’m scared if i use a really strong antiperspirant that the lack of sweating is going to make me extremely hot, is this a possibility?

Why use Aluminium based anti perspirant?

If your aim is to avoid "deo" scent interfering with your perfume, I'd say buy something with a light scent.

I use Mancave Stick - it's aluminium free, which by its inherent nature means, it will make you wet, it will not block your pores and doesn't last more than 12 odd hours.

The good thing about it is, it's very light scent and no alu to block my pores.
    Life is too short to sample. Buy Blind | I am generally not interested in batch hunting or weak fragrances.

Top 10 in no particular order:

Amouage - Epic Man
    Montale - Black Aoud
    Montale - Aoud Lime
    Boucheron - Jaipur pour homme edp
    Hermes - Terre d'Hermes pure parfum
    Thierry Mugler - A Men Pure Malt
    Dior - Sauvage edt
    Rochas - Lui
    Davidoff - Cool Water
    Mancera - Cedrat Boise

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ManCave-MC1.../dp/B00GNH30OM

This is the one. When I see half price, I buy 8-10. Lasts a year easy!
    Life is too short to sample. Buy Blind | I am generally not interested in batch hunting or weak fragrances.

Amouage - Epic Man
    Montale - Black Aoud
    Montale - Aoud Lime
    Dior - Sauvage edt
    Rochas - Lui
    Davidoff - Cool Water
    Mancera - Cedrat Boise

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/ManCave-MC1.../dp/B00GNH30OM

This is the one. When I see half price, I buy 8-10. Lasts a year easy!
    Why don’t you want it blocking your pores? Thanks

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Gurses View Post
    Edit: Has anyone used the female version of Mitchum Triple Defence Unscented?

I never use anything else - completely odourless and works like a charm

Readily available in most branches of Boots.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    I never use anything else - completely odourless and works like a charm

Readily available in most branches of Boots.
    That aerosol one pictured is the one I mentioned upthread which I think smells feminine. It smells a bit like a girly talc to me. It's no more unscented than some of the ones that don't claim it. The gel stick version of the same thing looks interesting, I'm not going to assume it smells the same as it is a completely different product really.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurses View Post
    Why don’t you want it blocking your pores? Thanks
    Why would you not let the body waste out?

Besides some studies link it to cancer, which is BS. Everything is linked to cancer these days lol

Amouage - Epic Man
    Montale - Black Aoud
    Montale - Aoud Lime
    Dior - Sauvage edt
    Rochas - Lui
    Davidoff - Cool Water
    Mancera - Cedrat Boise

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mfinz8 View Post
    That aerosol one pictured is the one I mentioned upthread which I think smells feminine. It smells a bit like a girly talc to me.
    initially there is a light aroma but I don't find it particularly feminine and once it has dried it is imperceptible after a few minutes. Works for me, anyway

Basenotes Plus

When I lived in the UK I ordered Biotherm Deo Pure and Sanoflore from Paris. Personally I really loved the smell of Sanoflore and I wish it wasn't so darn expensive here in the States.

Have you tried the Kiehl's Cream deodorant/anti-perspirant yet? Personally I didn't have luck with Boots except for La Roche Posay and you'll find that mixed in with the skincare of the same name, not in the deodorant aisle. I believe Vichy might have one too, but it's with the Euro skincare, not in the deodorant rows. Usually bottom shelf.
    Currently wearing: Battaniye by Pekji

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Besides some studies link it to cancer, which is BS. Everything is linked to cancer these days lol
    I read a study which linked bacon and sausages to cancer.

Basenotes Plus

There are only two organs in the body that process and eliminate toxins - the kidney's and the liver.

From what my tinfoil hat aunt told me, she believe breast cancer is related to wearing deodorant that has aluminum. However when I explained that there are lymph nodes between the armpit and the breast tissue and then asked why the lymph nodes were cancer free. There was a lot of silence....followed by her googling lymph nodes....and then calling me stupid and she stormed off.
    Currently wearing: Battaniye by Pekji

Sanex Deo Stick
    00 - Sanex Deo stick.jpg

How about Seba deodorant?
    When I am want ingredients to be safer, Seba tends to be my No.1 choice.
    Aesop is certainly better but much more expensive.
    In fact, I am also searching for some brands of deodorant other than Seba and Aesop.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentChou View Post
    How about Seba deodorant?
    When I am want ingredients to be safer, Seba tends to be my No.1 choice.
    Aesop is certainly better but much more expensive.
    In fact, I am also searching for some brands of deodorant other than Seba and Aesop.
    Thank you.
    Never heard of either, any good for masking odour?

Thaks

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post

Thanks to you and this thread I went and got some of the above last night from Superdrug. (Couldn't see the Gel version in Boots, only the solid stick). I can confirm this stuff is practically unscented, and it works too!