Code of Conduct

Default Chanel eau de cologne

Hello,

There is some eau de cologne from chanel for sale on the "grey" market, the juice is light brown and yellow, its not clear...I was wondering if anyone know if this scent is the same as the exclusive collection?
    I join a picture i dont know how to rotate it...

20190602_194401.jpg

Default Re: Chanel eau de cologne

The color of the juice need not be a problem, it could be the pic. It's more that this seems fishy. In an undescript refill bottle (ie which can be filled with any type of liquid).

I bought this bottle from a chanel rep that I trust but yes who know what could be inside...but it smell like really nice natural lemon

I have Chanel Eau de Cologne and from what I've seen it can range from completely clear to taking on a yellow hue. What does it smell like? Eau de Cologne always struck me as an extremely crisp lemon smell in the opening; I cannot say I've smelled another that is not from Chanel exactly like it.

Quote Originally Posted by keram View Post
    I bought this bottle from a chanel rep that I trust but yes who know what could be inside...but it smell like really nice natural lemon
    With that said, I bet it is legit. Compare it to a new bottle at the reps store and you'll know for sure. How much did they let it go for?

I will try go to chanel boutique but i a rare occasion it is quite far..
    Those bottle are sold on secondary market around 100 euro, sometime 50 sometime 200 euro....

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I bought this bottle from a chanel rep that I trust
    I'd say chances are good then that it's fine.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I will try go to chanel boutique but i a rare occasion it is quite far..
    Those bottle are sold on secondary market around 100 euro, sometime 50 sometime 200 euro....
    Yeah I do not believe that. Not only have I never seen one of these, but that looks to be 980ml am I reading that correctly? No way a liter goes for that little.

Well this is indeed a 980 ml that i bought for 100 euro from a chanel rep i am not saying this is the same perfume a the les exclusives i was just wondering.

Well this is indeed a 980 ml that i bought for 100 euro from a chanel rep i am not saying this is the same perfume a the les exclusives i was just wondering.
    You're not saying that it's genuine? How about the Chanel representative you bought it from. What did they say it is?

"Eau de Cologne" could be anything. Even grey market bottles and bottles produced specifically for authorized reps should have the full name of the fragrance on the bottle. Looks highly suspect since there's not even the word "Chanel" on the bottle.

Besides, Chanel EdC is clear as water, not yellowish.

Definitely doesn't look like the Chanel Exclusif to me, but if you don't mind it not being genuine, then there's no problem.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

wearing dad's aftershave™

Since the OP is in France and that very high quality labeling graphics I'm tempted to think it's genuine.

Someone needs to compare the ingredients from the Exclusifs packaging to this one and if they line up, my confidence gets quite high.

/Acey

Freed from BN Institution

Could you provide a photo of the front of the bottle?
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

get some vial sample of eau de cologne from discounter or ebay & compare it..
    Currently wearing: 33 by Chris Rusak

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Well this is indeed a 980 ml that i bought for 100 euro from a chanel rep
    That should last you quite a long time!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I bet it's real because no one would ever make a fake that looks like this. It's not even trying to look like the real thing. If you can get more of these, I am willing to take the risk and buy one from you blind so that you can make some profit out of it.

Well, my chanel guy told me it is a bottle only available for people working at chanel. He didnt told me that it was the same as les exclusives, could chanel make perfume just for his coworker?

Is it some leftover from production? But i am 99% sure it is made by chanel.

There nothing more on the bottle, the cap is blank, the bottle is totally virgin. There no chanel logo or print anywhere on the bottle.

I dont know how long it will last i tend to overspray after swimming practice to cover chlorine and it s smell really good.

There is more of those bottle for sale but shipping it would be quite step and there always the risk that it will break...

I need to get some sample from les exclusives

Well, my chanel guy told me it is a bottle only available for people working at chanel. He didnt told me that it was the same as les exclusives, could chanel make perfume just for his coworker?

Is it some leftover from production? But i am 99% sure it is made by chanel.

There nothing more on the bottle, the cap is blank, the bottle is totally virgin. There no chanel logo or print anywhere on the bottle.

I dont know how long it will last i tend to overspray after swimming practice to cover chlorine and it s smell really good.

There is more of those bottle for sale but shipping it would be quite step and there always the risk that it will break...

I need to get some sample from les exclusives
    There is no bottles only available to workers at Chanel. That bottle is only available, because someone stole it. This reads like a scam.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    You're not saying that it's genuine? How about the Chanel representative you bought it from. What did they say it is?

"Eau de Cologne" could be anything. Even grey market bottles and bottles produced specifically for authorized reps should have the full name of the fragrance on the bottle. Looks highly suspect since there's not even the word "Chanel" on the bottle.
    I would walk away from this bottle, it just seems way too suspicious.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by AceyMan View Post
    Since the OP is in France and that very high quality labeling graphics I'm tempted to think it's genuine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow View Post
    I bet it's real because no one would ever make a fake that looks like this. It's not even trying to look like the real thing.
    I'm in the "probably real" camp for these reasons plus the fact that it came from a trusted Chanel rep that you know.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

It looks sus to me

The juice should be clear unless that is just a trick of the light in the photo