Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD: Friday, 7th June, 2019

Scent of the Day Thread for Friday, 7th June, 2019

Useful Links
    * SOTD for yesterday, Thursday, 6th June, 2019 (FFD)
    * SOTD for yesterday, Thursday, 6th June, 2019 (MFD)
    * SOTD Feature

Basenotes Robot's SOTD
    Today I'm wearing: Harvest Moon by Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements

Bloop bloop bleep

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: SOTD: Friday, 7th June, 2019

Riviera Lazuli by Atelier Des Ors

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I got woken up in the middle of the night by booming thunder and this morning it’s raining. I’m taking a bus trip to the DMZ so I’m hoping it turns to drizzle by the time I have to be outside. Breakfast was lotus root marinated in soy sauce and beef and mushroom stir fry. I haven’t mentioned lunch or dinner because usually I don’t know what I’m eating. I pick a place with the longest line of locals and have whatever is being served. I’ve had dumplings, noodles with stuff tossed in it, mung bean pancakes, fried dough, and pork hock, sliced off the bone and doused with vinegar, red chile paste, and crispy garlic. I walked eight miles yesterday, exploring neighborhoods, and had a wonderful time. I walked down blocks lined with sewing machine stores, through the lighting district (the temp rose about 10 degrees because all the lamps, chandeliers, and other lighting bits were lit), the wedding notion street, with fancy lace, sparkly appliqués, bits of fur and feather, and the cloth market, full of wonderful silks. Tomorrow I hit the artist section. Maybe I’ll find something nice to put on my wall and remind me of Seoul.

SOTD is Idylle Jasmin-Lilas. I miss my perfume collection at home.
    It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.--Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

No baiting/trolling. No insults. No politics. Read the Code of Conduct.

Dependent

Honor man

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    ------------------------------------------------
    For what its worth!

I'm in sync with Queen by Queen Latifah. I will be continuing with some inside projects today.

Happy Friday all!
    Currently wearing: No. 5 L'Eau by Chanel

Freed from BN Institution

Synching with Creed Virgin Island Water
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

hello all,
    Currently wearing: Tiffany for Men by Tiffany

Oh foxbins, your narrative is so cool! Thanks!
    How do you know what a French whorehouse smells like?

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Friday, 7th June, 2019

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning, fragrant friends!

Same here, foxbins! A heavy thunderstorm (with hail I think) in the middle of the night left fields around me partly flooded, mud on the roads and also down at the entry of my private access road... some work to do when I come home today.

I did read your meet-up reports, guys! I am so thrilled for you all and the great time you had. I wish I could just easily join you in the future.

Jon, you smelled mighty-fine in Vol de Nuit yesterday. So did I on Wednesday!

I have very ripe pineapples at home, so cocktail hour will bring nice Mary Pickfords...

I am in plenty Unspoken Parfum from the original Roja Dove trilogy.

Happy Friday all!

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

IMG_20180725_153220_636.jpg

Samba for Men by The Perfumer's Workshop (1990)
    oh look, I have a signature

Blog Entries

Morning all!

foxbins, l'm loving your travel reports, & looking forward to photos when you get the chance!

l'm synched in Brasil Dream to defy the wet & gloomy weather we're having.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Jasmin Full by Montale

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Jon, you smelled mighty-fine in Vol de Nuit yesterday. So did I on Wednesday! I am in plenty Unspoken Parfum from the original Roja Dove trilogy.
    You are smelling exceptionally good today too

Day off today and the inclement weather won't matter in the slightest as our gardens desperately need the moisture. Will be entering pottering mode shortly, though mine will centre around culinary creativity as opposed to toil in the soil. A four seasons pizza should complement today's merlot very nicely and as it is Jenny's favourite I'd better bring my A-game to the table

Looks like I have a scent twin for today's synch

Good morning everyone Sotd is Chêne, so in synch with a boozy scent

Basenotes Plus

Hello and best to everyone. In synch with Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille.

A happy Friday and weekend, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Currently wearing: Tiffany for Men by Tiffany

Hello everyone!

foxbins, I loved your travel notes, too! And I like your approach to food - just going where locals go and trying everything they eat Have a great time in Seoul!

I have been a bit stressed and had lots of work lately, so didn't even want to post much in SOTD threads, but now, when summer warmth and sun is slowly taking all my stress away, I'm starting to feel much much much better. Looking forward to my holidays! (I have nothing planned so far except two metal festivals that I'm looking forward to attend.)

I'm not synching today and enjoying Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune by Guerlain.
    Last edited by ClockworkAlice; 7th June 2019 at 11:43 AM. Reason: grammar

Hello all.

Lavender on the Rocks by Atkinsons
    DONNA

Lean in closer, dear

Blog Entries

Good Mornin', Roberto! (One of my favorite songs.)

Foxbins, I can almost see the scenes as you describe them. I applaud your adventurous spirit.

06-07-19 - Pina Colada: Pineapple, Coconut, Boozy

Easy! Lucy B Pink Frangipani: This smooth, slightly sweet floral fruit fragrance is composed with top notes of pink grapefruit and pineapple a heart of red suva frangipani in a base of heliotrope and coconut milk.

Among today's adventures: painting camouflage and trialing a new organic, broad-leaf weed killer, Iron-X.
    Currently wearing: Aria di Capri by Carthusia

Champion Thread Killer

Blog Entries

Knize Ten today
    One if by land...two if by sea...three if by air....
    8÷2(2X2) = 1, but then 8÷2(2X2) = 16...??

Hello, everyone and happy, safe and fantastic travels to Foxbins! Thanks for sharing the adventure with us.

It's been super-busy at work for me, and I am in "overcommitted, though mostly with good things" mode - Annual Meeting work, regular work, dance camp attendance and afterparty organizing, singing performances, radio theater rehearsal... You get the idea. :P

In beachy, boozy sync today with Idole de Lubin. Ooooo, it's been too long since I've worn this one. Going to be doing the "Basenotes salute" (nose to wrist in front of face) all day, I expect.

Fabulous Friday, all!

Idole de Lubin fragrance notes: Rum Absolute, Saffron, Bitter Orange Peel, Black Cumin,Doum Palm, Smoked Ebony, Sugar Cane, Leather, Red Sandalwood.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson
    Currently wearing: Farouche by Nina Ricci

Pineapples - well I love eating them, but smelling like one; really?
    So it was with great trepidation that I've decided to try Pina by Madhat Scents for the sync today. I wasn't courageous enough in the morning though - put off wearing it till about an hour ago. It was a bit scary in the beginning, but now the combination with lavender (another note I'm not that keen on as a personal fragrance) is winning me over.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

SOTD

Summer Rotation: Acqua di Gio Profumo, Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche, Sel Marin, Castile, Mugler Cologne, Allure Homme Sport Cologne

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Glad it didn't scare you off too bad

I'm not synched up today. I'm wearing another Chicago meetup inspired purchase in Terre d’Hermès - Pure perfume. LOVING it...wife commented how much she loved it too which is nice. I'll synch up later with my own Piña Extrait when I'm sipping on some a nice stiff drink. I'm ready for this work week to be over even though it's by flying past. The weather is just too nice to be stuck inside (sunny and 80F.)

Foxbins, sounds like the trip of a lifetime. Hope you're soaking it all in!

Quote Originally Posted by Pochi View Post
    Pineapples - well I love eating them, but smelling like one; really?
    So it was with great trepidation that I've decided to try Pina by Madhat Scents for the sync today. I wasn't courageous enough in the morning though - put off wearing it till about an hour ago. It was a bit scary in the beginning, but now the combination with lavender (another note I'm not that keen on as a personal fragrance) is winning me over.

I too applaud your adventurous spirit foxbins! It is so not me, more’s the pity, but I am happy to know someone braver than me. :-)

Wearing Indult Mankara and enjoying the first rhubarb crumble of the season, yum.

Basenotes Plus

SotE: Antonio Puig - Sybaris.

"We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller

Wanted Thread
    For Swap Thread
    For Sale Thread

Sarah Horowitz Perfect Coconut Milk for today, synchronized.

I am happy to report that our rainy season has arrived too! The beautiful afternoon storms. Just walked to lunch under the gathering storm clouds, it's not raining yet but has done the last couple of days. This is my favorite time of year. We don't get monsoon, we get a whole summer of usually dry mornings then rainy afternoons, usually clearing by evening. If you are at the beach you can often see the storms over the Gulf at night too, with very dramatic lightning.

Basenotes Plus

Wearing my new favorite: Koh-i-Noor from Areej le Dore.

If you love slightly indolic florals combined with a bit of deer musk, this one's for you.
    Currently wearing: 1000 by Jean Patou

Basenotes Plus

foxbins I'm enjoying your travelog! Especially the food descriptions.....

I'm in synch (and scent twins with Robin-in-Fl) with Perfect Coconut Milk. Later I think I'll wear something boozy.
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa