Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Polo - Eau de Cologne? Not 'Cologne' or EdT, but actually 'Eau de Cologne'.

Another Polo thread, yes, but I didn't necessarily want to put it into the 'vintage fragrance I bought today' thread (I already did when I purchased it, but it just arrived today).

Also, I'm not sure I've ever seen another Polo being Eau de Cologne labeled.

Any info y'all can give on this one? What's funny is the box seems to have 91 degrees at the bottom (first pic), but the bottle seems like it wants to say 86 degrees.

Something else I noticed (last pic) is that my other Cosmair bottles are a uniform green color when looking through them with a light source behind them. This Eau de Cologne Warner/Lauren bottle is not uniform, it has a pretty yellow & green variations or something in color; perhaps due to dye inconsistency in the glass and/or thickness of the glass varying along the bottle from the molding process? Don't know.

(EdC on left - Cosmair on right)
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Default Polo - Eau de Cologne? Not 'Cologne' or EdT, but actually 'Eau de Cologne'.

Probably just what they called it in England, before joining the eau de toilette-formula of 85% produced in France by Parfums Ralph Lauren. 'Eau de' being very european and 'cologne' being american. So, made by Warner in the UK/europe = Eau de Cologne.
    An alc. vol of 91 I've never encountered before, though.
    Nobody puts POLO in the corner!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Polo - Eau de Cologne? Not 'Cologne' or EdT, but actually 'Eau de Cologne'.

Quote Originally Posted by Marand75 View Post
    Probably just what they called it in England, before joining the eau de toilette-formula of 85% produced in France by Parfums Ralph Lauren. 'Eau de' being very european and 'cologne' being american. So, made by Warner in the UK/europe = Eau de Cologne.
    An alc. vol of 91 I've never encountered before, though.
    Ooo, good point. Maybe just was sold or intended for a different market. Maybe the alc % thing is due to some kind of regulation/tax on alcohol - who knows.

Also, it smells good
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!