Code of Conduct
    Banned

Default Simone Andreoli - Malibu. Sacrifice more virgins on the island by waterboarding them, now!

Wow.

Just wow.

Composition:

Top Notes Lime
    Heart Notes Coconut water, Sugar
    Base Notes Sandalwood, Rum

Just landed after we split a bottle blind based on a recommendation in another thread (which I can't seem to find no matter what I typed in the search bar?) and wow, this really is something else. It beats the cleats off Virgin Island Water with ease as it takes its style and then turns it into something far beyond it by simplifying it. Sure people might say that this smells synthetic and linear in comparison to the Creed offering (which it does) due to how huge and cartoony the main accords are in contrast to VIW which feels a lot more restrained/complex and classy all round but this certainly does make you smile as its just so nice.

To give you some conception, the opening lime and sugar attack smells how a citrus ice lolly used to taste back in the days. Its that lip smackingly refreshing as its so large but the undercurrent of coconut (not a suntan in sight) prevents it from becoming too saccharine and juvenile as it smooths it out nicely. And thats when the rum shows up.

It still smells like some cool refreshing confectionery but now its been spiked with an alcohol beverage which allows you to get your lean on in polite company without looking like the drunkard you are. Marvelous!

This stuff is great. Its simple, fun, loud, carefree and in the moment. Summertime in a bottle and it more than lives up to its party name. Well worth a sniff although I can see how some would get all snooty about it because of its makeup but for me this is a louder, prouder, simpler and more entertaining VIW redux that knocks it out of the park so boring types need not apply even though the dudebros may appreciate this just as much as the rest of us who enjoy a good old fashioned feel good fume because that is exactly what this is. No pretension, nothing you've got to "get", just a darn good smell with great performance that is suited perfectly to the heat.

Great juice, well worth squeezing.

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: Simone Andreoli - Malibu. Sacrifice more virgins on the island by waterboarding them, now!

This thing costs almost as much as VIW (130 vs 156 EUR), but smells a lot more cheap, why should one even consider it at this price point?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Simone Andreoli - Malibu. Sacrifice more virgins on the island by waterboarding them, now!

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try..

Can't wait until I get my mitts on my decant...!

Thank you for the recommendation-considering to also join the ranks of the ones testing this, if and as soon as one (or more) sampling option (s) do surface

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzy View Post
    This thing costs almost as much as VIW (130 vs 156 EUR), but smells a lot more cheap, why should one even consider it at this price point?
    You have to really smell it to see why. Everything I've said in the review is true in terms of the downsides against the original but its upsides are actually viscerally good and thats kind of hard to convey via a screen as its a very fun scent. You'll feel what I'm saying the moment you smell it.

Quote Originally Posted by DanHD View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try..
    Interested in hearing what you make of it bud as there aren't that many impressions floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    Can't wait until I get my mitts on my decant...!
    Interested in hearing what you make of it bud. It literally made me grin from its first spray as its just got that vibe in spades.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Thank you for the recommendation-considering to also join the ranks of the ones testing this, if and as soon as one (or more) sampling option (s) do surface
    Samples are super hard to obtain mainly due to how crappy the distribution is as there were a few from the house I wish to try but this one is apparently the star of the show.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

That's one hell of a thread title. Also, don't forget to breath man. You're chomping at the bit worse than Scrappy Doo at the big culprit reveal.

Still, if sampling were possible, I'd try it.
    oh look, I have a signature

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    That's one hell of a thread title. Also, don't forget to breath man. You're chomping at the bit worse than Scrappy Doo at the big culprit reveal.

Still, if sampling were possible, I'd try it.
    You suck and here's why you should @#$% off

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    You suck and here's why you should @#$% off
    I proofread my longer passages for flow, using plenty of commas, semicolons (if necessary) and periods to denote pauses in my text. I "breathed".

You've gotta do better than that if you're going to attempt a clapback.
    oh look, I have a signature

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    I proofread my longer passages for flow, using plenty of commas, semicolons (if necessary) and periods to denote pauses in my text. I "breathed".

You've gotta do better than that if you're going to attempt a clapback.
    The difference between my posts and yours is that is that people don't spontaneously develop narcolepsy when my words hit their eyes.

Now back to the lecture in hand...

LOL!

This thread is too funny. Great review Palmolive. Your brand of humor has actually made me laugh quite a lot since I have joined this forum, but off topic posts don't really seem to be a thing on these boards, so I enjoy the read and move along. Seeing as this thread has turned that direction, I figured I'd share my thoughts.

Don't worry ZC, your reviews are great as well!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Would like to try this one.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution

I wonder if Malibu Rum is pissed off at the name of the fragrance?

It sounds like a fragrance I'd like. Thanks for the tip!
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Bois de Mysore by Mizensir

Copied my initial impressions from another thread:

The top smells so much like a lime or lemon-flavoured Calippo, it's hilarious. It's starts of very high-pitched, however, it mellows quickly and segues nicely into a coconut that isn't sweetened at all, and has a slightly toasted vibe. Think dessicated coconut which has been toasted ever so slightly so that it hasn't even changed in colour. It hasn't got a suntan-lotion vibe at all because the coconut is so subdued. The dry down hits you fairly quickly with a very subtle white rum vibe laid on top of creamy woods.

I'd say it's a very rounded fragrance. It's not as sweet and vibrant as my fave St. Bart's, and has a warmer, woodier feel compared to St. Barts and VIW. Overall, very good.

My life is better for having read this thread.

Thank you, all, for keeping this fun.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    Copied my initial impressions from another thread:

The top smells so much like a lime or lemon-flavoured Calippo, it's hilarious. It's starts of very high-pitched, however, it mellows quickly and segues nicely into a coconut that isn't sweetened at all, and has a slightly toasted vibe. Think dessicated coconut which has been toasted ever so slightly so that it hasn't even changed in colour. It hasn't got a suntan-lotion vibe at all because the coconut is so subdued. The dry down hits you fairly quickly with a very subtle white rum vibe laid on top of creamy woods.

I'd say it's a very rounded fragrance. It's not as sweet and vibrant as my fave St. Bart's, and has a warmer, woodier feel compared to St. Barts and VIW. Overall, very good.
    Isn't how they did that so amazing? It captures the ice lolly vibe so well that you can almost taste it! If St Barts performed like this it would be a winner but out of all of the VIW clones I've tried (which is only Laboratory Gorse which is decent but no rave worthy) this really deserves a wearing on skin as it does what it does so well and just smells like fun.

More impressions rolling in from the split:

Quote Originally Posted by Bobauckland View Post
    Malibu has arrived safe and sound thanks Palm.
    It's a great shout, this stuff is awesome.
    Palm's description is amazing and worth reading and gives an educated description of why this is boss, I can't word stuff the same way.
    It starts out massively lemony in a good way, then settles into a coconutty type sugary awesomeness, and then settles into sugary rumminess.
    It's the sort of thing you'd wear on a hot day, with shorts and a cool shirt, walk into a meeting with everyone else in suits, and somehow they wouldn't look at you and think you're underdressed or out of place, they'd all look at you and think, 'I wish I was half as cool as that guy'.
    Don't miss out, you've got to give this a try.
    Such a joyful fragrance, it just puts you in the mood as well as everyone around you.

Quote Originally Posted by mistersurgery View Post
    My life is better for having read this thread.

Thank you, all, for keeping this fun.
    *raises glass of rum filled with lime ice lolly pieces as he leans on a coconut tree*

Pull up a pew, knock back a few cool ones!

it's like VIW on steroids. everyone should get in on this one

Wonderfully written. You had me at “citrus ice lolly”, LOL. It’s ‘my childhood vacation stay at grandma’s’ all over again...
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

Mr Palmolive, do you have a strong accent local to your area? If so, please record your thoughts next time and post them in an audio file as it would be brilliant. I would return the favour in my dulcet Brummie tones... Would be so funny to see if our friends from other countries can cope with these accents!