Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Azurea by L.T. Piver

A friend of mine acquired a vintage sealed bottle of this from a family member who recently passed away and gave her this bottle. The scent had never been opened and she has no idea what it smells like, what formulation it is (it doesn't mention it on the bottle) and is super excited about unsealing it and wearing the fragrance (if the fragrance hasn't turned).

There is a bottle on ebay, at the moment, but that bottle for sale is completely different packaging. The eBay listing says the word "Parfum" in the advertisement but if you look at the photos of the bottle there is no mention of "parfum" at all on the bottle - just like my friends. Maybe L.T. Piver only made this scent in parfum??

I think that is a picture of iris flowers on the bottle - no?

Is anyone familiar with this scent? There's no reviews on Basenotes.

"When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Bois de Mysore by Mizensir

Default Re: Azurea by L.T. Piver

Lovely bottle!

I know nothing about this perfume. I've seen other vintage Piver parfums and the presentations were always lovely (like Pompeia). The bottle looks old and back then perfumes were indeed primarily parfums. If they had eau de or eau de cologne, it was usually clearly indicated. So I would indeed assume that this was the standard parfum concentration, but this is just a guess.

Enjoy the find!

Basenotes Institution

Thanks cacio
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

What you have there is an impeccably preserved bottle of a 1901 release. I have never seen a Piver bottle or case as perfectly preserved as this is.
    The oldest it could be would be 1920, so you really have a collector's item worth quite a lot of money. I would suggest consulting Roja Dove about
    its value. He would be able to send you to the correct evaluating expert. Don't part with it until you have an expert's opinion as to the value. Personally,
    I would value it to be in the $1K to $2K range, but I am no expert.
    Currently wearing: Vetivert by Hove Parfumeur

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by JackTwist View Post
    What you have there is an impeccably preserved bottle of a 1901 release. I have never seen a Piver bottle or case as perfectly preserved as this is.
    The oldest it could be would be 1920, so you really have a collector's item worth quite a lot of money. I would suggest consulting Roja Dove about
    its value. He would be able to send you to the correct evaluating expert. Don't part with it until you have an expert's opinion as to the value. Personally,
    I would value it to be in the $1K to $2K range, but I am no expert.
    Cool, thanks

-- Eckhart Tolle