Code of Conduct

Default Recommendation for my wife

My wife doesn't have my interest in fragrances, although she does wear them on a daily basis. I'd like to buy her something new as a present, and would appreciate suggestions.

She currently owns:

TF Black Orchid (one she bought with my persuasion).
    DKNY Be Delicious Electric
    CK Downtown

Her previous favourite was CK Euphoria, and she always prefers gourmond style scents (TF Noir Extreme, L'Occitane Eau Des Baux) on me.

Any ideas as to what to consider?

Basenotes Plus

.................................... Penn's old stomping grounds

Default Re: Recommendation for my wife

L'Aquarossa Elixir by Fendi. It's discontinued but, usually can be had fairly cheap online.

Yesterday Haze by Imaginary Authors. Niche-ish but, delightful.

A cheapie, so to speak and full-on gourmand: Gold Sugar by Aquolina.
    I've got blisters on my fingers!

It’s hard to guess based on a few ideas, but here are my thoughts:

Versace Black Crystal
    Bond No. 9 Perfumista
    Dior Le Colle Noire
    Bottega Venetta
    Hermès Galop
    Hermès Kelly Caleche
    Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune
    Tauerville Fruitchouli Flash
    Jo Malone Plum Blossom
    My only regrets in life are the people I haven't stood up for,
    and the perfumes I've thrown away.

Angel is the classic mainstream gourmand. It’s a bit divisive but it’s widely available and fairly weird/complex compared to most gourmands. Comptoir Sud Pacifique and L’artisan are both mainstays of gourmand, and might be worth investigating. CSP Vanille Abricot was the favorite scent of a lot of women, L’Artisan has a somewhat different take on vanilla.

As a complete change of pace, the other common scent type when gourmand first got big was green tea. Elizabeth Arden Green Tea is still available and is a delicate little thing.

If you got into scent when gourmand first got huge and started to spread your wings, big white tuberose bombs were often the next step.

Freed from BN Institution

I'd recommend one of the Guerlain classics Samsara.

Since you mentioned of her like gourmands I'd suggest Guerlain Tonka Imperiale
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Between two pine trees

For me, this whole fragrance rabbit hole started with CK Euphoria. I can tell you just where I went after that:

(1) Robert Piguet Visa (modern formulation) -- I despise Angel, but I adored Visa. I found out much later that the modern formulation is apparently a twist on Angel (as so many that followed her were). Visa is a floral oriental with fruit and leather. Fantastic stuff.
    (2) Serge Lutens Chergui -- I fell immediately head-over-heels for it. The fact that it's an oriental rather than a floral oriental or gourmand made no difference to me. The hay/tobacco/iris combination hooked me.
    (3) Etat Libre d'Orange Divin' Enfant -- an incredibly well-blended, long-lasting crazy gourmand, it has orange blossom, marshmellow, amber, a touch of leather, and wisp of cigarette smoke. I wore it just last night, and it remains one of my husband's absolute favorite fragrances on me.
    (4) La Maison de la Vanille Vanille Givrée des Antilles -- a wonderful vanilla with patchouli, tuberose, and rose.
    (5) Torrillin is exactly right -- I started with floral orientals and gourmands and fell straight into Big White Florals, namely Annick Goutal Songes EDP (jasmine, coconut, and smut), Serge Lutens A La Nuit (jasmine and vanilla), and Serge Lutens Un Lys -- gorgeous fleshy lily, vanilla, and musk. I also fell in love with Frederic Malle Carnal Flower, but if fragrance isn't really her thing, you might not want to go there quite yet.

Good luck!
    Currently wearing: Ella by Arquiste

Also adding TF Velvet Orchid, Feminite du Bois by Lutens, Coco Noir by Chanel, both Hypnotic Poison (along with other both flankers and regular releases from the Poison fragrance series) but also Dolce Vita, these latter two both by Dior, Terre de Lumiere and Terre de Lumiere Intense-these two by l'Occitane

Tom Ford Noir de Noir if you're not concerned about price. It's a fantastic semi-gourmand fragrance that smells akin to a rose dipped in chocolate and drizzled with vanilla.