Code of Conduct

Default The latest Curve flanker, Spark.

I saw this for the sale on the Koh'ls website, thought I'd toss it in my order since I haven't seen this anywhere else yet, and the price was fair enough. With absolutey no information about this, there was something about the bottle that just screamed to be that was either going to be a GIT knockoff or Aventus..

62513141_314786322759206_1852072477371400192_n.jpg
    Sorry about the pic quality, I dunno why it's only uploading blurry pics lately through Facebook.

The bottle is the same typical Curve bottle, but the artwork is what stands out to me. It very much reminds me of stuff from my childhood, late 80's early 90s ish, very much the art deco of that era.

And I was right, it's a rip off of Aventus. Of course, it smells a lot more cheap. Longevity is pretty bad, at around 3 hours on me. The birch note, if any is very muted, it's more of the top notes of Aventus.

I thought i would write a little something on it though, since I haven't seen it discussed anywhere else. If anyone else was or is contemplating it, now you have a little something to go off of.
    "Where there's gold, there's a gold digger" -Dashboard Confessional

Default Re: The latest Curve flanker, Spark.

Good to know, since I already have plenty of Aventus type scents. The fact that the name is the same as another LC scent, which is nothing like Aventus, is rather odd.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Good to know, since I already have plenty of Aventus type scents. The fact that the name is the same as another LC scent, which is nothing like Aventus, is rather odd.
    TBH Liz Claiborne Spark is something of an underdog boozy spicy frag. I hope this doesn't "replace" it. Crap like this is also why nobody respects the original Curve, which is quite nice.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Island Lime by Avon

I dunno if Spark is still being made or discontinued, I know Spark Seduction was discontinued, sadly, probably my favorite Claiborne fragrance ever. Glad to have many back ups.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I dunno if Spark is still being made or discontinued, I know Spark Seduction was discontinued, sadly, probably my favorite Claiborne fragrance ever. Glad to have many back ups.
    Fragrancenet had some 50 ml Spark bottles really cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Fragrancenet had some 50 ml Spark bottles really cheap.
    They're likely the half oz unboxed bottles which are all over the place. I do prefer the more rare 3.4 oz.. but I might get a couple more of the half oz, thanks.

Basenotes Junkie Danny Mitchell's Avatar

I still have a quarter bottle of Curve in the back of my cabinet. It's probably 20 years old at this point. I wonder if it's held up all these years/and if it's the same as what they have out now.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Allure Homme by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    They're likely the half oz unboxed bottles which are all over the place. I do prefer the more rare 3.4 oz.. but I might get a couple more of the half oz, thanks.
    Looks like they are still available. I bought one a week or so ago, and indeed it was 50 ml spray cologne.