Code of Conduct

Default How To Know If a Fragrance is Legit or Not

Hey everyone,

It is my first post here. Forgive me if this may be found somewhere else. However, I am trying to seek out Gucci Eau De Parfum II, and from what I can gather its been discontinued making it hard to find. Fragrancex.com seems to have it (and at a good price too), however, some reviews said that it seems to be watered down. Is this a possibility? I was always under the impression that Fragrencex sells only 100% brand new legit bottles. So, I searched other places, and there are some bottles on Ebay. My concern here is I am not sure how to know if these are legit bottles or not. If anyone knows what to look for, or how to tell, I would really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: How To Know If a Fragrance is Legit or Not

Quote Originally Posted by phil112190 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Fragrancex.com seems to have it (and at a good price too), however, some reviews said that it seems to be watered down. Is this a possibility? I was always under the impression that Fragrencex sells only 100% brand new legit bottles.
    I wouldn't let the opportunity slip by if I were you. FragranceX is a legit company and it won't leave you guessing as to whether you have the real thing. I'd bet they won't be there long. Good luck.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by phil112190 View Post
    Hey everyone,

It is my first post here. Forgive me if this may be found somewhere else. However, I am trying to seek out Gucci Eau De Parfum II, and from what I can gather its been discontinued making it hard to find. Fragrancex.com seems to have it (and at a good price too), however, some reviews said that it seems to be watered down. Is this a possibility? I was always under the impression that Fragrencex sells only 100% brand new legit bottles. So, I searched other places, and there are some bottles on Ebay. My concern here is I am not sure how to know if these are legit bottles or not. If anyone knows what to look for, or how to tell, I would really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks!
    You should be okay with Fragrance X. So many factors come into play with the perception of the strength of a fragrance (weather, body temperature, body chemistry, scent tolerance levels etc.) that you need to take such claims in a sceptical manner and trust your own nose.
    Currently wearing: Beach Hut Man by Amouage

Dependent

Legit
    Currently wearing: Reflection Man by Amouage

Thank you all for the replies! I will confidently purchase it from FragranceX